MO - Seven killed, one injured in Tyrone shooting spree, 26 Feb 2015

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by wfgodot, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

I am sorry, luvbeaches. We have tragedies in all branches of my tree, too. It is no reflection on us, but it still brings chills. :hug:

2. luvbeaches

luvbeaches New Member

Thank you. I've come across a lot of sadness working on my trees. I feel so sad for their children. What a horrific thing to happen. I will keep all of them in my thoughts prayers. I know evil happens everywhere. I was working on the same family today and came across a son that killed his dad and step-mom a few years back in Iowa. He dumped them down a well on their farm. These poor people were in their 80's. I told my husband I am going to put my trees on the back burner for a bit.

The thing about Tyrone is, and the surrounding area, so many of these people are directly related. In the Tyrone Cemetery I have close to 100 relatives buried there, and it's a very small cemetery. I don't know how many of my relatives are from that area, but it's a lot. And this is the Aldridge family. They have lots of kin in or around where they live. From Cole County, Missouri and down to the Arkansas border, there are thousands of people that are related.

3. menmo

menmo Active Member

Yes that or he could just have been an evil person that thought the world and all of those in it owed him more than he got.

JMO

4. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

IDK if link has any 'real' new info. Article is long-ish. He fatally shot seven of his neighbors and cousins, at four separate houses one night, then shot & killed himself in Feb 2015.

"GRASPING FOR CLUES
    Police investigated several leads but could not pin down Aldridge’s motive. Nor can they say why he lashed out against the particular group of relatives and neighbors. Some speculate that many of the victims were adversaries of Joe Aldridge’s brother, but not necessarily of Joe."

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_4c8ec206-9c73-5b81-bb72-3389d8b3d17c.html Oct 18 (No paywall, but may have to answer a couple 'survey' questions.)