MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would alleviate the 'no sign of forced entry'. Suzie had a slider door in her room going out to the patio. Could she have told someone(s) to go through her backyard and knock on her slider door to meet up?

IDK. She had to convince Stacy to go home with her. But then maybe Stacy knew Suzie had made arrangements to meet some guys at her place and didn't want to be involved, but then changed her mind.

Sometimes rabbit holes can be fun to explore...

That would alleviate the 'no sign of forced entry'. Suzie had a slider door in her room going out to the patio. Could she have told someone(s) to go through her backyard and knock on her slider door to meet up?

IDK. She had to convince Stacy to go home with her. But then maybe Stacy knew Suzie had made arrangements to meet some guys at her place and didn't want to be involved, but then changed her mind.

Sometimes rabbit holes can be fun to explore...

Why assume Suzie made arrangements to meet up with anyone. What about Stacy. She had her own car. The way she is described sometimes makes her seem like she has no agency, or voice. I'm not trying to insult her reputation but she wasn't some mindless barbie in a wedding dress. Painting her as a saint makes her seem so one dimensional. She must have had a life and thoughts that maybe her parents weren't privy to. Normal teenage stuff. Her life might hold some answers. Or at least make her seem like a full person. MOO

Why assume Suzie made arrangements to meet up with anyone. What about Stacy. She had her own car. The way she is described sometimes makes her seem like she has no agency, or voice. I'm not trying to insult her reputation but she wasn't some mindless barbie in a wedding dress. Painting her as a saint makes her seem so one dimensional. She must have had a life and thoughts that maybe her parents weren't privy to. Normal teenage stuff. Her life might hold some answers. Or at least make her seem like a full person. MOO
All true yet it never has seemed to hold any answers yet, while Suzie's holds plenty of possibles.

All true yet it never has seemed to hold any answers yet, while Suzie's holds plenty of possibles.

Suzie's life has been judged since they disappeared. We know about Suzie and guys she dated and that makes for easy and repetitive discussions. No one has to try hard to find something interesting about Suzie. As people add opinions those things become facts and her life is looked at like a soap opera. Maybe we should be looking at things that haven't been discussed for 27 years. Stacy's life might fill in some holes in the case or explain what was going on that night. Just looking at Suzie doesn't work.

Really not assuming anything, just musing about things I have no answer to.

I read @Seeker994 's Imgur post of the News-Leader clippings, and you're right. There's quite a bit about Suzie (and her mom), but so very little of Stacy. I would guess her parents are less open about her life.

I would like to see some of what their classmates have to say about them now. Reflecting on things today about 1992 would probably be more enlightening than when the disappearance happened. No one wanted to say anything that could be construed as bad then. And some might have even been a little scared to say anything.

There isn't even any mention of a boyfriend of Stacy's. Just that she had dated some. Kind of hard to think that a girl that pretty had no boyfriend...

It's true Suzie is seen in a somewhat negative light, but date a graverobber, get labeled. (That she was perhaps going to testify against him mitigates matters somewhat.) Stacy is seen as a good student hooking back up as graduation neared with a grade school friend.

Has that narrative changed in the almost 28 years?

It's true Suzie is seen in a somewhat negative light, but date a graverobber, get labeled. (That she was perhaps going to testify against him mitigates matters somewhat.) Stacy is seen as a good student hooking back up as graduation neared with a grade school friend.

Who started that narrative? Unlike Stacy, Suzie didn't have a mom to defend her image or throw shade on others. There is Asher on TV helping shows trash Sherrill, Suzie and anyone related to them or around them. Maybe the narrative needs to be reviewed.

I have seen no changes. Still, I would've thought we had progressed past labeling people (not you - society).

Is it possible Suzie broke it off with the grave robber when she found out about his antics? She had a tempestuous relationship with Kovacs (right?)

Who started that narrative? Unlike Stacy, Suzie didn't have a mom to defend her image or throw shade on others. There is Asher on TV helping shows trash Sherrill, Suzie and anyone related to them or around them. Maybe the narrative needs to be reviewed.

Agree. Almost 28 years and we're still where we were when it all started. A fresh review is needed.

But would the keystone cops SPD allow it? They don't want to look as dumb as they already appear to be...

Agree. Almost 28 years and we're still where we were when it all started. A fresh review is needed.

But would the keystone cops SPD allow it? They don't want to look as dumb as they already appear to be...

28 years means that many of the cops might have grown up hearing about this case and might want answers. Any mess ups or embarrassing TV shows wouldn't be on them. If they are content to let Asher, a man who was forced off the case in 93' and left SPD in 95' represent them forever then that is sad. If SPD doesn't want to investigate other people do and there are people out there that will take this case for free possibly.

Again, I agree. Why do I get the feeling the SPD keeps this case "open and active" to keep anyone else from looking at it? Am I really that cynical? Probably...

I think I'm not the only one on this board that thinks there just might be some institutional corruption in Springfield that has kept this case from being solved.

I hope I'm wrong...

I feel lost in the weeds here. If one follows most true crime cases the investigations start with those closest to victims and move outward.

I strongly suggest that we get back to basics.

The dropped call to the television program was critical. I strongly believe the caller was involved.

A major suspect has known ties to Florida.

I believe there were three people involved.

The “trusted” one. The “muscle”. The van driver.

The “muscle”, and the driver are in the slammer. One, the “trusted” one is on the street. If, in fact there was a sexual assault I attribute that to the “muscle.” Have no idea how that was determined. He has a known history of sexual assault.

There is a clear motive. Having that is key to solving the case.

I am speculating there was a belief there was money in Sherrill’s closet. That would account for the disarray of her shoes.

Although I am not a big fan of Asher, I imagine he figured this out from the beginning. That would explain his answers on the first “48 Hours” program.

Last edited:
I am speculating there was a belief there was money in Sherrill’s closet. That would account for the disarray of her shoes.

Although I am not a big fan of Asher, I imagine he figured this out from the beginning. That would explain his answers on the first “48 Hours” program.[/QUOTE]

This is the first time I am hearing about Sherrill's shoes being in disarray in her closet. That's interesting.

Last edited:
I feel lost in the weeds here. If one follows most true crime cases the investigations start with those closest to victims and move outward.

I strongly suggest that we get back to basics.

The dropped call to the television program was critical. I strongly believe the caller was involved.

A major suspect has known ties to Florida.

I believe there were three people involved.

The “trusted” one. The “muscle”. The van driver.

The “muscle”, and the driver are in the slammer. One, the “trusted” one is on the street. If, in fact there was a sexual assault I attribute that to the “muscle.” Have no idea how that was determined. He has a known history of sexual assault.

There is a clear motive. Having that is key to solving the case.

Although I am not a big fan of Asher, I imagine he figured this out from the beginning. That would explain his answers on the first “48 Hours” program.

Agreed. Back to the basics. Rabbit holes sometimes pop things up, but mostly not.

Motive is key to helping solve the crime. Think the Manson Family and the idea of Helter Skelter. A pretty crazy idea to most of us, but it's what they did.

If money was at least a part of it all, why not take the money in her purse? And why would money be a part of it? Was Sherrill dealing? She surely could not have been the only hair dresser/stylist thought to have a lot of cash on hand. Do you think the waterbed deliverers/installers could be involved? Or was it more? I posted previously about Sherrill's possible clients being connected to to the underworld - possibility?

The trusted one to get in the door, the muscle to get the women away, and a driver. For what purpose? to terrorize them? To have "fun" with them and then dispose of them? Why not just rob Sherrill when she's alone?

Lay out a timeline we can follow...

Personally, I do not think money was the reason for any of this. I think that's why the money was left in Sherrill's purse. Whoever did this either didn't see or didn't care about the money. They got what they wanted. I remain unsure of my stance on the purses. Someone who came to Delmar on June 7 could have moved them.

@cherrymeg and I spoke again on the phone, and she brought up that perhaps Sherill hid money in her closet, and if someone did call or show up to tell her something happened to Suzie, she could have "rushed" to find It planning on cleaning it up later. I do not, and will not rule out the actions of the Kirbys. I will say that this case can certainly be frustrating. Cherrymeg has also brought up that Janis was somewhat of a "strict" parent. I grew up with two southern baptist parents. Needless to say, sometimes I had to keep things from them in order to hang out with certain people. Perhaps Stacy did have somewhat of an "adventurous" side that her family didn't know about.

From the moment I saw Robert Cox on television, I thought he was lying. I do not believe him intelligent enough to pull this off. I think he was using what little bit of tongue he has left to seek attention.

I'm currently researching the Halls and crimes Larry "allegedly" committed. He's the Boogiemen I'd bet money on. This case is solvable. Someone knows something, and now I'm working on trying to eliminate people I do not consider to be involved before I start poking my nose into people's lives in person. Also, when I do travel to Springfield, I will be using a GoPro so that anyone who wants to can watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708