MO - Six Mohler family members for child sex crimes, Bates City 2009 #4

Thanks Missizzy. I am on some pain meds that are messing with my thoughts, so I must have misread. I will have to go back and read when I am not under the influence of the medications. I do apoligize.. That will teach me for taking my pain meds and trying to read!

We start talking about Randy on thread #3 starting with Post #143. His name comes up many many times.

http://www.kait8.com/global/story.asp?s=11913512

4 men plead not guilty on Mo. rape charges

LEXINGTON, Mo. (AP) - Four men accused of molesting young relatives two decades ago in western Missouri have pleaded not guilty.

Defendants Burrell Mohler Sr. and his sons Burrell Mohler Jr., Roland Mohler and David Mohler waived their preliminary hearings Monday in Lafayette County court. All four men pleaded not guilty to several felony counts, including rape and use of a child in a sexual performance.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.kait8.com/global/story.asp?s=11913512

4 men plead not guilty on Mo. rape charges

LEXINGTON, Mo. (AP) - Four men accused of molesting young relatives two decades ago in western Missouri have pleaded not guilty.

Defendants Burrell Mohler Sr. and his sons Burrell Mohler Jr., Roland Mohler and David Mohler waived their preliminary hearings Monday in Lafayette County court. All four men pleaded not guilty to several felony counts, including rape and use of a child in a sexual performance.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

from your link

Burrell Mohler Sr. also requested a venue change and a new judge.

Another son, Jared Mohler, faces similar charges and was scheduled for a bond-reduction hearing Monday. That hearing was continued until April 5.

Five Members of Mohler Family Waive Right to Arraignment

Reported by: Kathy Quinn Edited by: Christie Walton

February 1, 2010

LEXINGTON, MO - Five out of six men accused of sex crimes against their family members appeared in court Monday. Jared, David, Roland, Burrell Sr. and Burrell Mohler Jr. all waived their right to an arraignment before a judge in Lafayette County, Mo. Monday.

The judge denied Burrell Mohler Sr.'s request for a new judge and a new venue. Burrell Mohler Jr. will have to find a new lawyer because his previous public defender said he's not indigent and doesn't qualify for a public defender. One other family member, Darrell Mohler will appear before a judge on Tuesday.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-mohler-court-hearing-020110,0,1431437.story

ETA:

Monday, February 01, 2010
Update on the Mohlers

Burrell Sr., Burrell Jr., Roland and David waived their preliminary hearings and entered not-guilty pleas. Jared Mohler, meanwhile, is posting bond :eek: , the Lafayette County sheriff reports.

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2010/02/update-on-the-mohlers.html

ETA2:

Another son, Jared Mohler, faces similar charges and was scheduled for a bond-reduction hearing Monday. That hearing was continued until April 5.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=409938

OK -- which is it? Jared posted bond or not!!

ETA3:

LEXINGTON, Mo.- Burrell Mohler Sr. and his four sons Jared, David, Roland and Burrell Mohler Jr. faced a judge in Lafayette County Monday. All but Jared entered not guilty pleas for child sex charges.

The judge denied a request by Jared Mohler's attorney to reduce his bond. His attorney then asked to look over the 800 pages of discovery before his client entered a plea.

The public defender for Burrell Mohler Jr. asked to be taken off the case. He claimed Mohler made too much money to qualify for the state-funded representation. The judge denied his request, stating another judge had already ruled that Mohler qualified for a public defender.

All five men are due back in court April 5th. Darrel Mohler, the brother of Burrell Mohler Sr., heads to court February 2nd.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/conten...lea-Not-Guilty-to/vCM_50b2sk6DLvChqCnAoA.cspx

Am I the only one confused here? Is Jared getting out today and there's still a bond hearing planned for April 5th to discuss the amount. Huh?

And why would one judge defer to another and not listen to what the PD said. Either the man has too many assets or he doesn't. I don't know if I feel comfortable enough with just trusting that the first judge made this decision. I'm so worried there's going to be some Good Ol' Boy tactics pulled behind the scene. I sure hope a judge who knew these men would recuse himself/herself if they had had prior business or personal or church contact. And just what is a change of venue going to get Darrel?

Somebody please tell me that the prosecutors are on this.

Am I the only one confused here? Is Jared getting out today and there's still a bond hearing planned for April 5th to discuss the amount. Huh?

And why would one judge defer to another and not listen to what the PD said. Either the man has too many assets or he doesn't. I don't know if I feel comfortable enough with just trusting that the first judge made this decision. I'm so worried there's going to be some Good Ol' Boy tactics pulled behind the scene. I sure hope a judge who knew these men would recuse himself/herself if they had had prior business or personal or church contact. And just what is a change of venue going to get Darrel?

Somebody please tell me that the prosecutors are on this.

MissIzzy--

Allll the reporting on today is a *mess*!!

One site says they waived arraignment, another says their prelims.

One says Jared has bonded out & another says judge denied lower bond, but set a new bond hearing.

And from what I recall about Jr getting a PD to begin with, Judge Freking (sp) allowed him to have one but said when the next hearing came around he'd likely be found ineligible....I *know* I remember reading something to that effect.

Sooooo - who knows what really happened today, except it looks like some not guilty pleas were entered....and if reported correctly, Sr won't get a new judge or COV like Darrel (who doesn't have that 'gene').

Maybe some news outlet will get it all straight.

I'm not sure what to believe until I see updates @ MO casenet.

It's always a good idea to check in with a sane person when you thinking you might be going nuts. (You are sane, aren't you?)

Have you seen anything in the press about whether or not the victims were present or even discussion about who attended? I'd be very interested as I'm not finding a thing. If we're this confused, imagine how the family must feel. I hope this doesn't dissolve into a morass.

FWIW, I remember reading that same info. In fact, I think you posted about it.

I'm trying to digest all this confusing info. What's Jared's attorney pulling? You don't ask the judge to look over the 800 pages of discovery while you are standing at the arraignment....do you?

And 800 pages of discovery? 800? I think the Mohler guys might have something to worry about. Sounds like LE's been very busy. Nice to know that someone's been doing their job.

Anybody found any info on Darrel's COV hearing that was today?

I'm coming up empty....I wanna know what's going on w/ his case!!

I can't find a thing. So, I'm assuming that Darrel has to appear before the original judge and then get assigned to the new one. Do we know who this new judge is yet? And in a county as small as this one, what does a COV mean? I'm very much hoping that a single judge will not hear all the cases. That doesn't feel right to me.

I have to say that I'm not finding the level of comments we saw on Topix there for several weeks. Have people lost interest? I sure as heck haven't. If I were in the midwest, I'd be in that courtroom. I want to see this play out.

I can't find a thing. So, I'm assuming that Darrel has to appear before the original judge and then get assigned to the new one. Do we know who this new judge is yet? And in a county as small as this one, what does a COV mean? I'm very much hoping that a single judge will not hear all the cases. That doesn't feel right to me.

I have to say that I'm not finding the level of comments we saw on Topix there for several weeks. Have people lost interest? I sure as heck haven't. If I were in the midwest, I'd be in that courtroom. I want to see this play out.

MissIzzy - from what I could tell, he was assigned a new judge - Larry Harman - by the Supreme Court of Missouri. ( http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91881&page=27 )

I found that Judge Harman is in the 7th District - Clay County....so I'm wondering if his trial will get moved from Lafayette County to Clay County.

I checked casenet tonite & it hasn't been updated yet to show what happened at today's COV hearing.

Just checked casenet -- Clay County it is!

02/02/2010
Docket Entry: Motion Granted/Sustained
Text: State appears by Prosecutor Kellie Wingate Ritchie and defendant appears by attorney Kenneth Hensley. Motion for Change of Venue is taken up and arguments of counsel is heard. Motion for Change of Venue is granted.
Associated Docket Entries: 01/13/2010 - Motion for Change of Venue

Associated Docket Entries: 01/26/2010 - Motion Hearing Scheduled
Court set the Motion for Change of Venue for hearing. Notice of Entry is faxed to the parties.

Associated Events: 02/02/2010 , 14:00:00 - Motion Hearing
Docket Entry: Order for Change of Venue
Text: Court orders venue transfered to the 7th Judicial Circuit Court of Clay County.
Associated Docket Entries: 01/13/2010 - Motion for Change of Venue

Docket Entry: Change of Venue
Text: TRANSFERRED TO COUNTY - Clay

Hi guys-I do not have a link for you but this weeks People Magazine has an article on the Mohler's with interviews with Burris.

They found a jar on the property when they excavated, according to the article. And there is a statement that some of the assaults may have been documented on video. Authorities would not confirm.

You may be aware of this-but I wanted to let you all know just in case!!

What's Jared up to ?
Could this indicate a possible plea bargain in exchange for testifying against his family members ?
One thing is certain, if you're not guilty, you plead not guilty.

I just texted my husband and asked him to stop and buy me a People. I think he almost ran off the road. I think that might be my first. But, I'm very anxious to see what the Mohler guys have to say. I'm shocked that Burrell--either Jr. or Sr.--was allowed to talk.

Can someone remind me if they both bailed.

Thank you Texas Mist for the update. Does it say who the judge is in Clay County? I wonder if the other guys will try this. I'll have to check and see how far apart these counties are. I can't imagine that there's a person in the whole state who doesn't have a position on this case, though.

If I'm correct, the Mohlers are being tried in Lafayette County (although some were held in Jackson County, I believe). The courthouse in Layfayette County is in Lexington. Clay County's courthouse is in Liberty, MO which is 40 miles east. Are you going to tell me that word doesn't travel 40 miles in Missouri? That's not much of a COV!!

Hi guys-I do not have a link for you but this weeks People Magazine has an article on the Mohler's with interviews with Burris.

They found a jar on the property when they excavated, according to the article. And there is a statement that some of the assaults may have been documented on video. Authorities would not confirm.

You may be aware of this-but I wanted to let you all know just in case!!

TY for the 411 on the People Mag. interview, Believe!! There's been next to nothing to read about this case for weeks....I'm sooo jonesing for justice!

I'm gonna ask DBF to pick one up on his way home tonite....since MissIzzy says that's a potential distraction to a driver, I think I'll ask for some Rocky Road ice cream, then mention People....it'll get lost in the details. ;)

o/t Read the article on John Edwards/Andrew Young. Young was found in contempt today regarding the sex tape, but in the article he states clearly that not only does he have it, he states where it is....oops.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back