MO MO - Skeletal Remains, Washington County, 7 January 2020

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Cagle, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

Skeletal remains found in Washington County

Human skeletal remains have been found in the area of Old Mines in Washington County.

Washington County Sheriff Zach Jacobsen said a citizen walking in the woods on Sunday found the skeletal remains in the 10,000 block of Rockhill Road.

He said it appeared the remains had been there for an extended time, possibly years. There was no identification with the body.

The identity and gender of the remains, as well as cause of death, are unknown at this time.

The remains were taken to a forensic pathologist for further investigation. They hope to make an identification through DNA and dental records. The cause of death will possibly take some time due to the extended amount of time of being exposed to the elements.

If you have information that could assist investigators, call Washington County Central Dispatch at 573-438-1079.

Nsampson, Laughing, ballads1 and 5 others like this.

2. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

3. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

From the Washington County Sheriff’s Office - Sheriff Zach Jacobsen Facebook page:
    January 7th at 11:10 AM [CST]
    “On January 05, 2020 Washington County deputies were dispatched to the 10000 block on Rock Hill Road to investigate the possible discovery of skeletal remains. Upon the arrival of deputies, the remains were confirmed as human remains.

The remains appear to have been there for an extended period of time, possibly years. The identity and gender of the remains has not been determined at this time. The cause of death has yet to be determined, and will possibly take some time due to the extended time being exposed to the elements.

The remains are being sent to a forensic pathologist for further investigation.

If you have any information that could assist us, please contact Central Dispatch at 438-1079, or the Sheriff’s Office at 438-5478. Information can also be sent through this page.

Sheriff Jacobsen”

Laughing, iulia and YaYa_521 like this.
  4. iulia

iulia Well-Known Member

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP64705
    Date Body Found January 5, 2020
    ME/C Case Number 2020-0247

Sex Male
    Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian
    Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 70
    Estimated Age Range 40-65
    Estimated Year of Death 2014-2019
    Estimated PMI 1 Years
    Height 5' 6"-6' 1"(66-73 inches) , Estimated
    Weight Cannot Estimate

Location Cadet, Missouri 63630
    County Washington County

Circumstances of Recovery Skeletal remains were recovered in a wooded area in the 10,000 block of Rock Hill Road, Cadet, Missouri.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Hair Color Unknown
    Head Hair Description Brown head hair was recovered with the remains. Not affixed to cranium.
    Left Eye Color Unknown
    Right Eye Color Unknown

Accessories
    Pocket knife Near the Body
    Belt buckle and partial belt Near the Body

Clothing
    One pair of Urban Pipeline pants of indeterminate color with orange mesh pockets (size 34)
    Near the Body

One t-shirt of indeterminate color, size, and brand (logo appears to have an eagle and sword emblem with possible lettering “Arian”)
    Near the Body

One dark colored camouflage sweatshirt, George brand, size “XL / XG (46-48)
    Near the Body

Eyewear
    Metal-framed glasses recovered near the remains
    Near the Body

Footwear
    One right converse shoe of indeterminate dark color (men size 10, women size 11.5)
    Near the Body

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Well, those clothes don't indicate the older lady, Betty, who disappeared from Sullivan with a box of pain-killer patches, does it?

6. Melt71

Melt71 Well-Known Member

Anthony Medearis mentioned above doesn’t seem to have worn glasses (though occasionally wore an eye patch) so that may rule him out...

7. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Every Body's Name Matters

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I submitted missing person Kevin J. Bonine as a potential match to NamUs RPS Allen Neal. Kevin's listed as missing from Kansas City, MO on June 13, 2014. The UID remains were found January 5, 2020 about 4 1/2 hours away in Cadet, MO. The estimated YOD is 2014-2019 with estimated PMI of 1 year. Perhaps Mr. Bonine's case is too dated according to the estimated PMI but what caught my attention is the comparison of the eyeglasses shown on both profiles. Other physical descriptors are fairly close, too. (moo) I'll update if/when I hear back.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. fightforroses

fightforroses New Member

Hi, this is my first post so please tell me if I'm doing something wrong. I think I might have come across a potential match and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts?

Curtis Lee Weatherly
    #MP15113
    Missing Age 56 Years
    Current Age 68 Years
    Sex Male
    Height 5' 11" (71 Inches)
    Weight 135 - 140 lbs
    Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
    Date of Last Contact November 30, 2008
    Location Columbia, Missouri
    Hair Color Brown
    Head Hair Description brown with gray
    Facial Hair Description He may have a beard.
    Eye Description Glasses

Mr Weatherly was last seen in Columbia, MO ~111 miles from where the unidentified decedent was found. The decedent was found wearing eyeglasses similar in style to the ones Mr Weatherly was wearing in his photograph. Mr Weatherly was suffering from cancer at the time of his disappearance and may have lost some weight as a result. The decendent was found wearing larger clothes with a belt. He was believed to be living as a homeless person after his disappearance which could explain the discrepancy between his DLC and the decedent's estimated year of death. This discrepancy could also be explained by the level of decomposition making an accurate year of death difficult. Hair was found seperated from the body but based on where he was found that could be animals, right? Mr Weatherly seemed to be missing a number of teeth, so if the decedent wasn't missing teeth antemortem he could at least be ruled out.

Like I say this is my first match so any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

9. fightforroses

fightforroses New Member