MO MO - St Louis, BlkFem 8-11, 54UFMO, in abandoned bldg, Feb'83

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like she is from outside Missouri yet not outside the country from the article. I checked various missing persons websites and wasn't able to find any black female children who went missing from the southern part of the US during that time period.

It is probably just a coincidence, but another UID listing on NamUs got my attention this evening. In Dixon, MO, a skull from a young person between the age of 8 to 13 was found on private property approx 30' off of the highway in a wooded area.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11725

The location in Dixon, MO is about 137 miles from 5635 Clemens Ave in St. Louis. Yahoo Maps estimates it takes 2 hours 12 minutes to drive.

Yes,I thought they could be related too. Was any more found out on that skull ? Are they trying to get DNA?

Yes,I thought they could be related too. Was any more found out on that skull ? Are they trying to get DNA?

It sounds like she is from outside Missouri yet not outside the country from the article. I checked various missing persons websites and wasn't able to find any black female children who went missing from the southern part of the US during that time period.

It is probably just a coincidence, but another UID listing on NamUs got my attention this evening. In Dixon, MO, a skull from a young person between the age of 8 to 13 was found on private property approx 30' off of the highway in a wooded area.

The location in Dixon, MO is about 137 miles from 5635 Clemens Ave in St. Louis. Yahoo Maps estimates it takes 2 hours 12 minutes to drive.

It would make a lot of our day if we could put a face to her

I wonder if the 2 jurisdictions have coordinated on this. Especially since the skull was recently found. This is a very rural area and 30 years ago even much more so.

Det. Fox found an isotope test done at the Smithsonian Institute that could help solve his cold case.

"It looks at the minerals in your bones and it gives a geographical region you may be from," said Fox.

The tests showed Hope may have lived some or all of her life in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee or the Carolinas. Det Fox wants to take Hope's story to those states.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime/2014/01/22/break-in-hope-decapitated-girl/4784907/

I checked various missing persons websites and wasn't able to find any black female children who went missing from the southern part of the US during that time period.

From all the job the police and a lot of people did, I would be very surprised that we found her in the mising person databases. As the officer says in the news articles, she probably was never reported missing. I think the skull (unidentfied remains), if ever found, or someone suddenly deciding to talk will bring the answer.

It would be interesting to know if Vernon Brown or any of his girlfriends had link with the south. It was believed by some officer on the case he was the killer, and little Doe was somehow related to him.

I'm new to WS, but had just read this case when I saw this on my twitter feed the next day. I couldn't help but see a possible link between the two. This is in my home state, although not close to my area. I haven't heard a peep on my local news as I'm in a more central part of the state. I believe that the remains were only the skull.

"The remains were found in Panola County, Miss. where trees and wooded areas stretch out about as far as the eye can see.

The sheriff believes it is either a woman or a younger person because of the skull's appearance, but it could take a while before investigators learn who the remains belong to."

http://www.wmctv.com/story/24502531/human-skull-found-in-search-for-missing-horse

I went back through Namus, looking for something new, and found a few missing that I hadn't directly addressed before.

Yolanda Williams:
I am not sure whether I have discussed her before or not. When Jane Doe was found her weight was estimated at 70lbs. and her height was estimated at 4'10. Yolanda would have been about 13 in 1983, putting her a little above the age range, but I have my doubts about Jane Doe's age. Yolanda and three other kids went missing from Compton, CA after a housefire where Yolanda's mother was later found dead. At the time she disappeared, Yolanda was 4 feet tall and weighed 55 lbs. I will have to look and see if I have already ruled her out.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6807/9/

One that I hadn't seen before or have I seen mentioned, unless I missed her...
Sherise Magee
She was only a year old in 1975 when she went missing from Clark Co. NV, but that would have made her about 8 years old in 1983. She was taken by a family member, and Det. Carroll believes that Jane Doe was killed by family. Sherise was only 3 feet tall and 27 lbs when she was abducted, but it's hard to predict how much someone will change between the ages of 1 and 8. There also is not a DNA sample on file yet (I think they are still in the testing stages) for Sherise.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4909/10/

Just some ideas that I was working on. I am not sure about Yolanda, but Sherise's case is all new to me, so I thought I would post it here, especially since I can't recall her name being on the rule out list I got from the Detective.

I just emailed the case coordinator about Sherise being a match for this Jane Doe as she has not been listed as a rule out. She was kidnapped by a family member when she was one and an article I read said that neither her nor the family member had been seen again. However, the relatives name was not listed on the website, as far as I can find. She could have lived in the southern states for the remainder of her years before being transported to St. Louis. This may sound crazy, but since she is one of the few female African American children who would be in the right age range for Doe, I figured I would mention it to someone.

I just emailed the case coordinator about Sherise being a match for this Jane Doe as she has not been listed as a rule out. She was kidnapped by a family member when she was one and an article I read said that neither her nor the family member had been seen again. However, the relatives name was not listed on the website, as far as I can find. She could have lived in the southern states for the remainder of her years before being transported to St. Louis. This may sound crazy, but since she is one of the few female African American children who would be in the right age range for Doe, I figured I would mention it to someone.

They all have DNA; so hard to say.
With Sherise; I do not think she is dark enough.

I wish I remember where I found photos; but I do not. I uploaded them to an album that are only available to people on my contact list. If you can't see them let me know. I just went through & hope I got the main people following her post

I did not realize they upload in reverse order; the last pic was supposed to be the 1st pic; with 1st being last :(
WARNING - POST MORTEM PHOTOS - They are VERY disturbing.. LINK

Private album - Only visible to contacts and moderators

I see she's scheduled to be reburied next month.

And now that Fox and other researchers believe everything that can be done with the remains from a scientific standpoint is completed, the medical examiner has referred the case to the Garden of Innocents so the child can be buried in a plot maintained by the nonprofit organization that inters indigents at Calvary Cemetery. The child, referred to as "Little Jane Doe" or "Hope," is scheduled to be buried there at 10 a.m. Feb. 8.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_36de5a5c-b615-5292-b5aa-abb99a888a6c.html

I hope these new tests will result in finding the identity for this little girl. It has been too long with no answers.

Has anyone heard if her burial service was performed this morning as scheduled?

They all have DNA; so hard to say.
With Sherise; I do not think she is dark enough.

I wish I remember where I found photos; but I do not. I uploaded them to an album that are only available to people on my contact list. If you can't see them let me know. I just went through & hope I got the main people following her post

I did not realize they upload in reverse order; the last pic was supposed to be the 1st pic; with 1st being last :(
WARNING - POST MORTEM PHOTOS - They are VERY disturbing.. LINK

Private album - Only visible to contacts and moderators

Did anyone look at the photos I uploaded?

Did anyone look at the photos I uploaded?

Thanks Rose. No sane person likes viewing those pictures but we need to look at them because we might learn from what we see. For instance, the girl looks like she may have been underfed and I haven't seen that noted before.

I was reading the news this morning on AOL and found this article about Maury Travis. There seems to be a lot of similarities between this case and the information in the article: http://www.wnem.com/story/25975342/woman-learns-house-was-scene-of-murder-torture

Here's a snippet that made me think of this case:

Some of the victims were tied to a pole.

“This whole basement was his torture chamber, and it’s not OK,” McGhaw said

Maury Travis lived in Ferguson, Missouri (a suburb of St. Louis). I am not sure if he lived there at the time of this murder, but some of the circumstances sound very similar.

Travis would have been 14 years old at the time which makes him an unlikely candidate although it doesn't completely eliminate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong