MO MO - St Louis, BlkFem 8-11, 54UFMO, in abandoned bldg, Feb'83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't this case listed in the unidentified thread? Mods?

I am not a Websleuths Moderator, but to answer your question, there is no reason why she should not be listed there as well as in the Cold Case section. I am not certain when the unidentified section was started - possibly after the Cold Case section had already been going for a while.

It simply comes down to someone taking an interest in the case and posting it there. Moderators sometimes start threads and post messages, but the bulk of postings are from persons like yourself - they take an interest, take the time, and type it up.

If you decide to start a thread about this little girl on another board, you should include a "Link" to this thread, so that visitors can go here to read other postings on the same case.

Hi there. I started this thread before the Unidentified board was created. If the mod's would like to move it there, that is perfectly fine with me.

I also seen a case on newspaperarchives.com about a black woman who was looking for her child that had been missing for years, her ex had taken her and then was later found not to have posession of her, I think he actually went to jail for kidnapping, I'll have to see if I can dig it up again. There was a big picture of her holding the child's photo, I don't know what year that was or where it was, but maybe if anyone has archives they can help me look.

That's Deborah Saunders.

http://www.forthelost.org/jahi/jahi3.html

She was last seen in 1984, so it can't be her.

Toya Hill, Shaunda Green, Shelia Quinn, and Kelly Staples are all rule outs by DNA. They never tested Yolanda Williams, probably because both her parents are dead.

I think she could be from the area still....just maybe not put into school or something. Anything is possible though, from the sounds of it.

I agree that it was probably a parent who killed her. If the parents had a transient or troubled lifestyle, it would be easy for them to move before or after they killed the girl so nobody would ask questions. The extended family probably lost touch with the parents long before the child was killed, so they don't even know she's missing.

I think in this case it would be easier to try to find the killer first, then the identity of the child.

But again, just my :twocents:.

Kelly
But it says in the description that the child was "well-nourished" and had no previous signs of abuse. To me, that would lessen the possibility of it being her parents. I do think it's possible for parents to snap and kill their kids even if they're well-cared for, but not in such a brutal way and with a sexual assault involved. I think she was abducted by a stranger.

I had thought of Sharuan as a possible match too, but wasn't sure.

Anyone else?

But it says in the description that the child was "well-nourished" and had no previous signs of abuse. To me, that would lessen the possibility of it being her parents. I do think it's possible for parents to snap and kill their kids even if they're well-cared for, but not in such a brutal way and with a sexual assault involved. I think she was abducted by a stranger.

Perhaps another family member or a stepparent is a possibility? In that case it would be possible that she was well cared for by her family/ mom but someone else was abusing her. That would still give the parents motive not to claim her.

Is it possible her family could be immigrants who came here illegally? There was a case in my state where no one has claimed to be related to an UID because police think she was an illegal immigrant.

Perhaps another family member or a stepparent is a possibility? In that case it would be possible that she was well cared for by her family/ mom but someone else was abusing her. That would still give the parents motive not to claim her.

Is it possible her family could be immigrants who came here illegally? There was a case in my state where no one has claimed to be related to an UID because police think she was an illegal immigrant.
That is a good point. We do hear of cases all the time where a step-parent or the parent's spouse hurt or killed a child. I think your immigrant idea is good also. There seems to be only four or five black girls who match this girl's description who were reported abducted between 1981 and when she was found in 1983.

Could she be a foster child? If she was healthy and well nourished she could have been recently moved from a good home to an abusive one where she met her murderer. Naturally her killer or killlers would not report her missing. If that is true we may never know her name unless members of her biological family come looking for her.

Could she be a foster child? If she was healthy and well nourished she could have been recently moved from a good home to an abusive one where she met her murderer. Naturally her killer or killlers would not report her missing. If that is true we may never know her name unless members of her biological family come looking for her.

I think that's another good theory. I wonder if they ever looked into if that was a possibility? I like to think that children in foster homes are tracked well but we all know that is not always the case.

It doesn't say how long they think the body was there for. Even if it had been there a while, maybe the smells would have been overpowered by all of the other filth and debris there. I point that out because maybe the police need to check older missing person cases. Maybe this was a child who was abducted years before she was found and simply held and abused until they decided to kill her. Unlikely, though.

I wonder how long the building had been abandoned for and if they checked on previous owners, tenants. Her being put there makes me think the person(s) who killed her was familiar with the area.

It's all so strange. They think she was from out of state and killed elsewhere. I wonder how she was taken into the area, if there was ever a suspicious car or something. I had never heard of this case before the other day, and I have so many questions.

Two points on this case: The detective in charge believes that she was murdered by family. His name is Detective Carroll and is a great guy, no one should ever be afraid to contact him. Also in case anyone was wondering and it has not been mentioned, the rope used to tie her hands was the type normally used on boats and the shirt that she was wearing has been lost. It was mailed to a psychic show on TV and was supposedly lost in the mail on the way back. Not that there was much of anything left that they could have gotten off it but it still makes me mad.

Two points on this case: The detective in charge believes that she was murdered by family. His name is Detective Carroll and is a great guy, no one should ever be afraid to contact him. Also in case anyone was wondering and it has not been mentioned, the rope used to tie her hands was the type normally used on boats and the shirt that she was wearing has been lost. It was mailed to a psychic show on TV and was supposedly lost in the mail on the way back. Not that there was much of anything left that they could have gotten off it but it still makes me mad.
Wow, I just posted about this case on the Jeanine Nicario thread. Then I saw there was movement on this one. That's interesting info--thank you!

Bumping..

thinking of you again sweethheart. Hoping to find your name.

wondering if there are any forensics which could be tested now in 2009 to bring your name back to you.

You are not and will never be forgotten. Always in my mind sweetheart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave