Match! MO - St Louis Co, WhtFem UP5294, 31-35, below scenic lookout, Aug'90 *Cynthia Day*

Congratulations chaddylex!!! You and Roselvr, et al are amazing. I am in complete awe of your tenacity and sleuthing skills. I have never been in the unfortunate position to have lost someone without answers, but cannot imagine anything worse. What a gift to find the truth and to bring a loved one 'home'. Thanks for all you do. You have given peace to anguished loved ones.

Congratulations chaddylex!!! You and Roselvr, et al are amazing. I am in complete awe of your tenacity and sleuthing skills. I have never been in the unfortunate position to have lost someone without answers, but cannot imagine anything worse. What a gift to find the truth and to bring a loved one 'home'. Thanks for all you do. You have given peace to anguished loved ones.

Thank you. My match was pure luck on a case that wasn't one of my main cases. In the end I learned a huge lesson that if you feel it's a promising match, turn it into NamUs, LE on both sides. I don't think Carrie Sutherland ever turned my match in even though she said she did. Now she won't answer any of my emails on any cases which is very unprofessional.

I don't doubt there are more. My first entry into NamUs Tracie Vicent should also have prints as well as arrest photos. So should another case I help with Lori Richardson missing out of NC.

Comment by Todd Matthews of NamUs in the article you linked to -

Todd Matthews · Director, Communications and Case Management - NamUs.gov at UNT Health Science Center
This is why it is important that fingerprint cards from the missing and unidentified are actually uploaded into www.NamUs.gov --- NOT just an indication of whether or not a print exists - but actually uploading the cards into the system. Like · Reply · 2 · Sep 14, 2016 11:50am

Roselvr, What would you say is the best way to get print cards/actual prints entered into NamUs?
Just woke up. I usually tell the NamUs contact they should exist. The NamUs rep will reach out to LE trying to get the arrest records, some have them, some don't.

The other thing that can be done is to try to order them via Freedom of Information Act. Odyssey has tried to do that with Lori Richardson missing out of NC. She never got a reply, it turns out that her request got the investigator to really look into where they were, she couldn't find them either. It's very unfortunate because it would have been the most recent photo of Lori.

That is incredibly unprofessional and immature of her. And she's hurting chances for loved ones to be found due to a ridiculous ego problem. :(

Just read entire thread...what an incredible story, they should make a movie about it. Nice work Chaddy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read the entire thread, too. It is infuriating. I agree with poppygirl that a movie should be made about this .. yep, a training movie to be shown to all LE and others connected with missing persons and the unidentified to show these public servants how NOT to do their jobs...

Chaddylex, congratulations to you on your match. Your perseverance is amazing. :)

Congratulations, Chaddylex. Sorry to be so late to respond. I was "on leave" in September, so this slipped by me.

Your special kind of effort and perseverance is what makes me keep plugging along. More importantly, it is what makes Websleuths and its members so very special. Thank you! :loveyou:

Godspeed Cynthia Day. May you rest in peace.

Incredible thread, awesome work Chaddylex and Roselvr. Y'all and many more members are what makes Websleuths great.

Many people think this site is just for bored housewives who think of themselves as amateur sleuths and should get a real job.
I'm here to tell them there are many 'housewives', doctors, lawyers, painters, teachers, athletes, sellers, authors, chefs, real estate agents, veterinarians, vegetarians, waitresses, hairdressers, dog groomers, LEO, sanitation engineers, airline pilots, artists, cashiers, and the list goes on and on.
All of these professions and the many more I left off are what makes the world go around.
So yes, Amateur Sleuths is a good start. :peace:

Congrats to everyone involved in this ID, especially Chaddy!! Makes me proud to be a WSer!! Just curious…Wondered if the person referenced in the article could be you Chaddy? After reading the whole thread, I really think that you are the one that got this whole thing going, and I know that you made contact with the daughter after you had instigated the process...

In 2010, Day had learned from a Facebook posting that the decomposing body of a woman who apparently was beaten to death, had been found Aug. 26, 1990, in a secluded area of Pike County, Mo. That was the same month her mother, Cynthia Day, 38, was last seen.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_93b9cd90-0c16-5231-8118-deed723c9053.html

omg i just read this entire thread, 7 years is actually a joke to have taken that long to identify her!! Amazing work sticking with it the entire time!! im glad the family finally can stop waiting

I'm looking at some past UID / Missing Persons threads to better understand what's working and what isn't. I'm finding that a lot of the primary source material - like Namus records of this case - have already been pulled down. Many news sources will also blink out over time. If you want your work to endure, post screen shots of your finds.

I just read this entire amazing story. I am filled with so many emotions and can not even imagine what the family and everyone here went thru waiting that many years for the match to be made/ confirmed. You are some very special people and I hope you realize just how much you and the work you have done are appriciated. Words can not express how impressed I am with this entire group.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back