Match! MO - St Louis Co., WhtFem UP5294, 31-35, below scenic lookout, Aug'90 *Cynthia Day*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by chaddylex, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Ray_of_hope

Ray_of_hope Verified registered nurse

Congratulations chaddylex!!! You and Roselvr, et al are amazing. I am in complete awe of your tenacity and sleuthing skills. I have never been in the unfortunate position to have lost someone without answers, but cannot imagine anything worse. What a gift to find the truth and to bring a loved one 'home'. Thanks for all you do. You have given peace to anguished loved ones.

2. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Thank you. My match was pure luck on a case that wasn't one of my main cases. In the end I learned a huge lesson that if you feel it's a promising match, turn it into NamUs, LE on both sides. I don't think Carrie Sutherland ever turned my match in even though she said she did. Now she won't answer any of my emails on any cases which is very unprofessional.

The other thing that can be done is to try to order them via Freedom of Information Act. Odyssey has tried to do that with Lori Richardson missing out of NC. She never got a reply, it turns out that her request got the investigator to really look into where they were, she couldn't find them either. It's very unfortunate because it would have been the most recent photo of Lori.

vermontaigne likes this.
  3. Ray_of_hope

Ray_of_hope Verified registered nurse

That is incredibly unprofessional and immature of her. And she's hurting chances for loved ones to be found due to a ridiculous ego problem. :(

4. poppygirl

poppygirl Active Member

Just read entire thread...what an incredible story, they should make a movie about it. Nice work Chaddy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. teedie2

teedie2 Well-Known Member

I just read the entire thread, too. It is infuriating. I agree with poppygirl that a movie should be made about this .. yep, a training movie to be shown to all LE and others connected with missing persons and the unidentified to show these public servants how NOT to do their jobs...

Chaddylex, congratulations to you on your match. Your perseverance is amazing. :)

6. speshul01

speshul01 New Member

They only do movies about famous subjects. this is not one.

7. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Congratulations, Chaddylex. Sorry to be so late to respond. I was "on leave" in September, so this slipped by me.

Your special kind of effort and perseverance is what makes me keep plugging along. More importantly, it is what makes Websleuths and its members so very special. Thank you! :loveyou:

8. burblestein

burblestein Well-Known Member

Another proof of my favorite adage: Perseverance furthers.

9. Rachel1

Rachel1 Well-Known Member

Good work everyone!

10. U2forever

U2forever Blessed are the liars For the truth can be awkward

Godspeed Cynthia Day. May you rest in peace.

Incredible thread, awesome work Chaddylex and Roselvr. Y'all and many more members are what makes Websleuths great.

Many people think this site is just for bored housewives who think of themselves as amateur sleuths and should get a real job.
    I'm here to tell them there are many 'housewives', doctors, lawyers, painters, teachers, athletes, sellers, authors, chefs, real estate agents, veterinarians, vegetarians, waitresses, hairdressers, dog groomers, LEO, sanitation engineers, airline pilots, artists, cashiers, and the list goes on and on.
    All of these professions and the many more I left off are what makes the world go around.
    So yes, Amateur Sleuths is a good start. :peace:

11. TheGardener

TheGardener New Member

Great work!

12. lisette

lisette Well-Known Member

Congrats to everyone involved in this ID, especially Chaddy!! Makes me proud to be a WSer!! Just curious…Wondered if the person referenced in the article could be you Chaddy? After reading the whole thread, I really think that you are the one that got this whole thing going, and I know that you made contact with the daughter after you had instigated the process...

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_93b9cd90-0c16-5231-8118-deed723c9053.html

13. lindamichelle1

lindamichelle1 New Member

omg i just read this entire thread, 7 years is actually a joke to have taken that long to identify her!! Amazing work sticking with it the entire time!! im glad the family finally can stop waiting

14. BigCityAccountant

BigCityAccountant Well-Known Member

Great Work Guys and Gals! :Crown:

15. Forager

Forager Member

I'm looking at some past UID / Missing Persons threads to better understand what's working and what isn't. I'm finding that a lot of the primary source material - like Namus records of this case - have already been pulled down. Many news sources will also blink out over time. If you want your work to endure, post screen shots of your finds.