Match! MO - St Louis Co., WhtFem UP5294, 31-35, below scenic lookout, Aug'90 *Cynthia Day*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by chaddylex, Dec 30, 2009.

1. chaddylex

chaddylex Verified Insider

Me too Brassband, I haven't heard back from Cynthia's daughter so I guess it the dental end didn't work out.

2. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I hope I'm wrong.

3. chaddylex

I just hope if they can't get the dentals, then the DNA process runs smoothly..

4. WholeLottaRosie

WholeLottaRosie Dancing on a moonbeam!

Bumping for Cynthia. I hate to see this on page 2!

5. chaddylex

I received an email back from Cynthia's daughter. She said that they last they knew that they retrieved the medical records and they were trying to get a supeona for the dental records. She said that she is going to contact the detective that is involved in the case to get an update. She wanted me to let you all know they are still playing the waiting game and wants to thank you all for caring. She said I will be one of the first ones to know when she finds something out!!! In turn, I will let you all know... No secrets here...(unless her family asked me to keep one) LOL

6. Billylee

Billylee New Member

Maybe someone can explain how this works, cuz I haven't a clue. They have to get a subpeona for the JD's dental records?

I was under the impression that the family had already given Cynthia's dentals to the authorities years ago . I'm sooo confused? Chaddy, do you know which it is they are having to subpeona for?

7. chaddylex

Billylee,

I am not sure what dentals they are waiting for a supeona for? I just let you all know what Cynthia's daughter emailed me. What I am thinking is that they are working with the detective where the UID was found in Bowling Green MO and they are trying to get Cynthia's dentals from either the dentist or from the prior LE agency where they were given to... (like I said just a guess, no secrets) She told me I would be the first to know when she hears anything, so I think that might mean to leave her alone about it (just trying to read between the lines).

I did email her back to see if she is going to find out if they started the DNA process. I haven't heard back about that yet.

8. Billylee

Billylee New Member

So you don't know either. I don't know, just doesn't make sense. One would think the JD's dentals would be of record when the autopsy was done and available to any LE agency. And if it is Cynthia's dentals they're having to subpoena for I wonder who the heck they're having to subpoena? Is there some sort of HIPPA law about releasing a deceased person's dental records? Some LE agency doesn't want to give them up? Weird, very weird. But then, I know diddly about this sort of thing. :)

9. chaddylex

Good question about HIPPA and the deceased... I work in the Human Resource field and we deal alot with HIPPA laws, but I never had to deal with any of the deceased. (I deal usually with Workmans Comp, FMLA)

Does anyone in the medical field have an answer?

I believe they have been trying to get the dentals since the end of February... heck this is the middle of May... you would think they would have them by now, but then again like Billylee, I don't know anything about this either!

10. ilovemew

ilovemew Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire o

Technically Cynthia is not a deceased person. Only missing.

11. Billylee

Billylee New Member

Just assumed she had been "declared deceased" at some point, since it's been so many years.

12. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

If the UID's dentals are in the medical examiner's office, as is often the case, it's possible they're so overloaded that they're prioritizing according to urgency -- where "urgent" means "essential for an upcoming court date" or "needed to comply with subpoena" or "get the press off our backs." That's what the state forensic lab in MA has had to do. Even necessary routine things like toxicology tests for suspected deceased drunk drivers take months longer than they should. Something like a request for dentals on an old UID would probably be somewhere between "next year in Jerusalem" and "when hell freezes over," not because they didn't *want* to cooperate but because there's just too much work.

So the subpoena might be to speed up the process on the JD's end.

13. chaddylex

Billylee,

I understood what you meant when you said "deceased" considering she has been missing for 20 years. I didn't even think twice about it.
    But I guess until she is either found dead or alive we should label her missing?

In my heart and in her daughter's heart we are pretty sure the UID is Cynthia. I just wish it wouldn't take so long to find out.

I still haven't received an email back as to if her daughter contacted the detective about any updates...

14. WmHersey

WmHersey Member

Have been following the case and I must say law enforcement has completely dropped the ball on this one. Missing people just seem to fall between the cracks and no one seems to take responsibility for the search. Way too long in getting information that should have been readily available years ago.

15. chaddylex

I totally agree... LE should be ashamed of themselves!!! Cynthia's children were young and needed their mom. Her one daughter just gave birth to her first child when Cynthia went missing and needed her mom the most for support.... LE probably told them they were investigating to get them of their backs!

16. Billylee

Billylee New Member

For sure! And I keep saying.... this is where the media should come in. Something is just "not right" with this case. Seems the media spends a lot of time sensationalizing everything, looking for a story, when the story is right in front of their faces and they could actually be doing society some good instead of just reporting about the bad! (Okay, yes I'm venting, sorry.)
    As was proven in the Watergate scandal, the media can be a great watchdog! That's where this story needs to go. (Bernstein & Woodward, where are you when we need you?) JMO

17. Brassband

Brassband New Member

I hated to see this thread fall to page 3.
    According to the guest book at findcynthia.com, the family is back from their Las Vegas vacation. I'm sure they had a blast and I'm so happy that they got a well deserved break from their heartache.

18. chaddylex

I haven't heard anything since before they left on their vacation which was about 2 weeks ago. She told me as soon as she hears anything, she will email me... Hopefully freakin soon!!

19. ilovemew

ilovemew Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire o

All I meant is that maybe they can't get the records released because Cynthia is not technically a deceased person... only missing KWIM

20. chaddylex

Cynthia's daughter sent me an email last night. She has been trying numerous times to contact LE that is in charge of her mother's case that seemed to get the ball rolling at first, but now they are not returning her calls...

She has a few organizations that she belongs to that are involved in Finding the Missing, etc... I told her that maybe one of her contacts there might be able to give push.. So sad... not even sure if they started the DNA process like they were supposed to have in May. I do agree with Billylee, maybe now since LE is dragging their feet, the media should get involved. I wouldn't want to step on Cynthia's daughters toes, I am going to make that suggestion to her again since LE won't call her back!!