GUILTY MO - St. Louis County - Man enters store, commits sexual assault & murder, 19 November 2018 *Arrest*

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.st...9c19b6e3-8f8e-588f-9274-b603de9dc7e7.amp.html
I knew I saw three weeks.

“About a year ago, Bruce started as a staffer working for an American Family Insurance agent in Maryland Heights, company spokesman Ken Muth said. But Bruce hadn’t shown up to the office for an extended period of time, Muth said.

The agent, who is considered an independent contractor with American Family Insurance, is cooperating with the police investigation, Muth said. He did not have more information.

An American Family agent who asked not to be identified said Bruce spent three weeks with the agent’s office in early 2017 before resigning. The agent described Bruce as being quiet, but ultimately not a good fit for the office.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.st...9c19b6e3-8f8e-588f-9274-b603de9dc7e7.amp.html

“About a year ago, Bruce started as a staffer working for an American Family Insurance agent in Maryland Heights, company spokesman Ken Muth said. But Bruce hadn’t shown up to the office for an extended period of time, Muth said.

The agent, who is considered an independent contractor with American Family Insurance, is cooperating with the police investigation, Muth said. He did not have more information.

An American Family agent who asked not to be identified said Bruce spent three weeks with the agent’s office in early 2017 before resigning. The agent described Bruce as being quiet, but ultimately not a good fit for the office.”
Sorry if already addressed, but wasn't the business card he handed the bar/restaurant worker implying he was an insurance salesman?

hi... longtime lurker, first time to post.... forgive if this has allready been asked on either thread, maybe i missed it - but there is a Scotsman1965 registered to dating club site Plenty Of Fish. cant see his posts without registering but in Aug 2011 he posted an RSVP to an upcoming singles event at Dwyer's Irish Pub in North Tonawanda NY. Maybe a long shot but since he once travelled to FL it seems like this could be worth looking into. Except one must be registered to POF in order to view profiles, i'm not inclined to do so but thought maybe someone here might be registered there allready

the RSVP list showing Scotsman1965 is visible only on Google cache:
https://webcache.googleusercontent....Posts14618878.aspx+&cd=22&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

(copying this post to the Delphi thread)

Maybe I missed that. I’m knee deep in American insurance locations.

I wonder if the 3 weeks of work in early 2017 followed by his resignation all happened before February 13, 2017. Certainly the insursance company would know.

hi... longtime lurker, first time to post.... forgive if this has allready been asked on either thread, maybe i missed it - but there is a Scotsman1965 registered to dating club site Plenty Of Fish. cant see his posts without registering but in Aug 2011 he posted an RSVP to an upcoming singles event at Dwyer's Irish Pub in North Tonawanda NY. Maybe a long shot but since he once travelled to FL it seems like this could be worth looking into. Except one must be registered to POF in order to view profiles, i'm not inclined to do so but thought maybe someone here might be registered there allready

https://webcache.googleusercontent....Posts14618878.aspx+&cd=22&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Welcome! Glad to have ya! I saw that when I was searching for his handle and had the same thought as you: Not gonna register.

Here's some additional info re: insurance license.

Per the MO Department of Insurance site, his Insurance Producer license information is visible via search (by First and Last name).

License Status(Status Date):
Active (06/01/2017)

On-Line License Services

ETA: Just noticed that coffeeandacig recently posted a list of TB's license info in the Delphi murders thread; cross-posting here for reference.

Responding to Medstudies mentioning the IL/MI/MO Insurance licenses. Below are the links to his numerous insurance licenses, which all expire in 2019:

Missouri Issued: June 1, 2017
https://sbs-mo.naic.org/Lion-Web/jsp/sbsreports/LicenseeListExtExtract.jsp

Illinois Issued: April 17, 2018
https://sbs.naic.org/solar-external...Name=Bruce&firstName=Thomas&middleName=Jerome

Michigan Issued: April 19, 2018
State of Michigan - DIFS Locators

All those licenses, which cost money and he only worked for one agency for 12 days? Something doesn't smell right...

PS...Now I believe the business card he left at the bar, was his independent "insurance agent" card, and listed his working in numerous states. Once again, all image, no substance...

Last edited:
That day after the attack, police returned to the strip mall to sweep neighboring businesses again. That’s when a woman at one business told officers she had interacted with a man who fit the new, detailed description, McGuire said. In fact, he gave her his business card, though she had thrown it away. But the trash had not been picked up yet, and detectives were able to find it, McGuire said.
Murder, assault and no solid leads. Then a business card found in the trash broke the Catholic Supply case

That day after the attack, police returned to the strip mall to sweep neighboring businesses again. That’s when a woman at one business told officers she had interacted with a man who fit the new, detailed description, McGuire said. In fact, he gave her his business card, though she had thrown it away. But the trash had not been picked up yet, and detectives were able to find it, McGuire said.
Murder, assault and no solid leads. Then a business card found in the trash broke the Catholic Supply case

BBM - Ok, I'm sorry but I LOL'd at that bolded part. Bet that's the story of his miserable life, eh?

I'm on POF. Signed in and went to that singles event and there is not a post by Scotsman1965. There is no way to search on POF for a specific person's id either. I tried searching for men his age in the St Louis area but didn't hit on anything.

So it seems forced sodomy isn't considered rape in this jurisdiction. I find that atrocious. The news stories shouldn't say "sexual acts" or "sexual assault,' they should say rape. These women were raped.
This link has a pretty good explanation. It has to do with anatomy: rape is forced vaginal intercourse, and sodomy is considered deviant acts of forced oral or anal pentration. The terminology in some states can seem antiquated, but in no way lessens the crime. The only difference in MO penalty with use of a weapon is 15yrs-life for rape, 10yrs-life for sodomy. All of which is just extra since he shot Mrs Schmidt in the head and is facing a possible death penalty.

Missouri Rape and Sexual Assault Laws - FindLaw

I'm on POF. Signed in and went to that singles event and there is not a post by Scotsman1965. There is no way to search on POF for a specific person's id either. I tried searching for men his age in the St Louis area but didn't hit on anything.

TY- i appreciate you posting this tho disappointed its a dead end for us to look at. but perhaps LE has a way to check his profile if they opt to follow up on POF. if you dont mind, i'd like to copy & paste your reply to the Delphi thread as there was also some discussion about this there

"A customer at the bar, meanwhile, said she recognized Bruce from his booking photo as the man who flirted with her some 34 minutes before police were called in response to the shooting."
https://nypost.com/2018/11/29/suspe...brutal-killing-at-catholic-supply-store-cops/

BBM because this guy went away angry -- he IMMEDIATELY went 2 doors down and attacked the other women, killing Jamie Schmidt barely 1/2 hour after dropping off his *business card* with an uninterested woman at the bar.

Also, indicates someone did indeed hear the gunshot. Has anyone stated who called the police?

"A customer at the bar, meanwhile, said she recognized Bruce from his booking photo as the man who flirted with her some 34 minutes before police were called in response to the shooting."
https://nypost.com/2018/11/29/suspe...brutal-killing-at-catholic-supply-store-cops/

BBM because this guy went away angry -- he IMMEDIATELY went 2 doors down and attacked the other women, killing Jamie Schmidt barely 1/2 hour after dropping off his *business card* with an uninterested woman at the bar.

Also, indicates someone did indeed hear the gunshot. Has anyone stated who called the police?

It's shocking, isn't it, how FAST everything happened.

He left the bar, went to the store, exited the store, returned to the store, forced three women into a back room, killed one, assaulted two others, and disappeared...under 34 minutes.

Yeah, he's done this before. Doesn't sound like there was one moment of hesitancy. Sounds like he has a plan he puts in place when opportunity (or urge) is there to do so.

I'm also curious who called 911 and whether the shot was heard by anyone.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr
Back