Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Kymistry35, Sep 30, 2007.
Why would someone break into the casket and steal the skull? Unless it was their trophy.
It's going to make it very difficult to identify this person without a skull.
When an UID person is buried, do they usually have a marked gravestone and is it public knowledge where the person is buried?
As I understand, in St. Louis, unidentified people are buried in a pauper's grave and there is no identification of the site (no stone).
So someone close to the investigation had to have done this...
or some sicko, over here they steal them all the time. Its really creepy, why would you want that.
Or maybe the pine box which is what would be in a paupers grave was damaged or degraded by environmental factors like rain and wild animals.
Is it possible the skull was retained for a future reconstruct and this is a simple case of miscommunication?
there is a Namus profile for this UID and there is no mention of a missing skull. either the skull was found later or they used dental x-rays from original autopsy for the dental info.
Namus has the UID as a white male, with blonde/brown hair, 15-35 y.o., 5'8" to 5'11", weight estimated to be 145 lbs. body was found at the same address as the original post so it has to be the same body.
I think they could not possibly confuse a 15 y.o. with a 35 y.o. so I will assume the UID was at least 18.
Thanks for finding that, webrocket. It changes the list of possibles if he was white compared to "possibly black".
Hair is described as
Blonde/brown somewhat straight, about two inches in length.
The clothing description might be helpful:
Black rain coat, pink shirt, striped "Fruit of the Loom" boxer type underwear (size 30-32), blue jeans, white socks
White T-shirt found in a pocket was embossed with the logo "Myrtle Beach"
Shoe insole size 8 1/2 to 9
here's one possible match Jeffrey Von Jones, age 26, missing from SC on Sept 1, 1989. was 5'10", brown hair, 145 lbs. was supposedly en route to CA when he left SC.
that might explain a Myrtle Beach t-shirt in St.Louis, MO.
well it's not Jones. his Namus profile is gone and the UID's is still there.
NamUs UP # 7385 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7385
Unidentified White Male
Found on March 07, 1992 at 4246 Olive, St. Louis Missouri.
Height: 5'8" to 5'11"
Weight: Approx 145 lbs.
Hair: Blonde/brown somewhat straight, about two inches in length
* Black rain coat, pink shirt, striped "Fruit of the Loom" boxer type underwear (size 30-32), blue jeans, white socks, White T-shirt found in a pocket was embossed with the logo "Myrtle Beach". Shoe insole size 8 1/2 to 9
* Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton; Small build.
* Mandible not recovered; teeth 1,16 partial eruption.
* Probable year of death: 1991 to 1992
* Estimated postmortem interval 1 Year
* Skeletonized white male found in a vacant burned out business by workers removing gas service. He had a small build, 5'8" to 5'11", weight estimated to be 145 lbs. The hair was short to medium length ,blonde/brown and somewhat straight. Dental work was present. Possibly dead 1 to 3 years.
Here's a guy who fits the description spot-on and isn't on the rule-out list. His circumstances are reasonable also.
Matthew John Ferris
He isn't listed in NamUs.
I thought this sounded familiar. there is already a thread for this UID:
MO MO - St. Louis - *Hot Case 801*, 30-45, 1992 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Since there was a specific address, I googled it. Looks like the area underwent major changes.
(can't insert a direct Street View frame for some reason)
The doenetwork.org page on this body needs updating, there are a few discrepancies.
1) was stabbing the definite cause of death? Nicks on ribs don't always mean the person was killed from stabbing.
2) did they relocate the skull after all? Namus page sez all body parts present.
I think another examination of the skeleton should be in the works. We've come a long way in 20 years.
The only things common to these two cases are the date of discovery and the address.
if they are 2 different UIDs then I accidentally placed this guy on the other thread.
It looks like we need to have these threads cleaned up. The other thread has posts about this uid as well. They are very similar.
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Separate names with a comma.