Found Deceased MO - Titus Tackett, 3, Killarney Shores, 10 Feb 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by luvhockey, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Midge Montana

Midge Montana Well-Known Member

I'm having a VERY hard time believing this child "wandered" out the door into 20 degree weather in just a diaper (presumedly in bare feet) in the middle of the night.
    Wouldn't human instinct cause him to run back in against the cold?
    Not buying it.

2. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

Not buying it here either. I'll gladly have crow pie if I am wrong.

3. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

Don't start. Let's hold on until we know more.

4. Lilibet

Lilibet Well-Known Member

It does seem strange. Was he running a fever and trying to cool off? The little guy wouldn't get very far in those conditions. I would look in nearby places he might go to get warm, if it happened this way. I'm not ready to consider alternative scenarios yet. :( I hope good news comes soon.

5. Rayemonde

Rayemonde Well-Known Member

Do we know why the front door was open? Did the parents accidentally leave it open all night, or could someone with a key have come in and taken the boy? Is he with both biological parents? Any custody battles?

It is a strange situation, but the same thing happened recently when Abigail Hanna broke into someone's house and took their toddler, leaving the door open behind her. The toddler was found alive.

6. Tracey4AU

Tracey4AU Well-Known Member

I wonder what even made the parents get up at 1 am to notice the door open.....

No matter the circumstances, I am praying this child is found alive. It's discouraging knowing the temperatures overnight and now.

7. kai

kai Well-Known Member

About 20 years ago I was living in Colorado. It was winter with snow on the ground and our house property at the time backed up to farmers fields and irrigation ditches. One morning I looked out the window and on the other side of our fence was a toddler playing down in the ditch wearing only a diaper. I yelled for my dh to call 911 and then went out to try and coax the boy away from the water. He was frightened and kept toddling away from me. I stayed where I could see him and watched him till the sheriff arrived. He was from a house 2 blocks away, mom was still asleep in bed and didn't know he had got outside. So... It happens. It was COLD, probably in the 30's and this little tyke wearing literally a sagging diaper had no care in the world until I showed up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

8. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

According to the interview at the Fox news link, they're asking for volunteers to help search. Time is of the essence, of course. Right now they only have a few LEO'S on site searching.

They're looking in abandoned houses down the road as well as surrounding woods.

Haven't been in this area in many years, but it's a small community in a rather remote area. Very rugged, wooded terrain.

9. JerricaBenton

JerricaBenton Well-Known Member

What time is it there in the area?

10. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

They're on central time. It's 10:49 a.m.

11. Lilibet

I believe it's central time, so it would be close to 11:00 a.m. CST. He's been gone more than 10 hours (that's when the door was discovered open).

12. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

13. JerricaBenton

JerricaBenton Well-Known Member

Thank you guys!

10 hours is a loooong time for this wee chap to be out in teh cold in a diaper :(

Is there a map? Are they near any bodies of water or forest?

14. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

15. Lilibet

They allegedly left him home with his grandfather! This is confusing. The family friend says he's four years old. That's not a toddler.

16. slowbutsteady

slowbutsteady Member

My hinky meter instantly went off however I have become a hardened WS'er nowadays. That being said, I'm am hoping beyond hope that I am wrong and this little angel is found.

17. DatelineFan

DatelineFan Well-Known Member

Me, too. Was the door unlocked? Why was he only in a diaper? I'm thinking of this family, today! I'm really hoping they find this little guy, ASAP!

18. lauriej

lauriej 'wild rose country...'

BBM--that's when his parents returned home.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2016/02/10/iron-county-3-year-old-goes-missing-night/80169996/

--snip--

The Missouri Highway Patrol says it received the call around 1 a.m. Wednesday that Titus Greyson Tackett was missing. Officials say that the boy's grandparents were babysitting and had fallen asleep when Titus disappeared. When the boy's parents returned home around 1 a.m., they discovered their son was missing and the front door was standing open.

19. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC Well-Known Member

I searched and searched but wasn't able to find a feed. Even the Missouri State Police, which is divided into Troops, doesn't have one available for this area (Troop E covers Iron County). Only Troops C and F have feeds.

[...]
    Counties Served: Bollinger, Butler, Cape Girardeau, Dunklin, Iron, Madison, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Ripley, Scott, Stoddard, and Wayne.
    [...]
    http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/TroopHeadquarters/TroopE/index.html

If anyone else finds something we can work with, please chime in, so we can put our :earson: downstairs.

#FindTitus

:praying:
    :candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. kristinaT

kristinaT Member

marking my spot. this is about 3 1/2 hours away from me. praying!