Found Deceased MO - Titus Tackett, 3, Killarney Shores, 10 Feb 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by luvhockey, Feb 10, 2016.

1. EllieBee

EllieBee Former Member

I think so, too. And I am getting awfully tired of this sort of crap.

Sent from my fingertips using what remains of my brain.

2. Zuri

Zuri Well-Known Member

This^^^^ is what I was referring to subtly. Some people are born where they don't feel hot or cold on their skin. This was an excellent explanation for a possibility, however remote.

3. courtneyb

courtneyb New Member

I agree that some children have disorders that interfere with their sensory abilities. But with the family involved very willing to dole out excuses ("I thought he was with GP"; "I thought he was with Mom") and blame, I think we would have heard this by now. We've heard about how he could open car doors and drive an atv.

Honestly, I think if they had known that this is a thing with some kids, they'd have thrown that out there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. AmyPond

AmyPond Well-Known Member

Kids are not often diagnosed with some things until they are a bit older.

5. courtneyb

courtneyb New Member

True, but living somewhere it gets to be 15 degrees or colder and being around atvs that the motor can get quite hot on, and just in every day life, they probably would have noticed that Titus doesn't seem to be bothered by the cold. Maybe noted that he will go out and play in the snow with no shoes and doesn't complain. Or that one time he played with a sparkler and it burned him so badly it gave him a blister but he seemed unfazed, type of thing.

6. white rabbit

white rabbit Well-Known Member

respectfully to all, toxicology report or not, we will most likely never know the truth. even if titus's autopsy shows drugs or that he was otherwise chemically compromised, i'm quite certain a lawyer and/or coroner will denounce the report before it hits the press or as a defense after the media has its' day.

i'm not ready (yet) to file this case along with jonbenet, kyron, isabel, ayla, and countless others. but it will further embed me into the negative-poster-cold-case-file-of-the-angry.

it astounds me that some morons can committ the "perfect" crime. against their own child. let's hope one of these dingbats running for president can come up with a caucus for parenting...(kidding)...

7. jnblsm

jnblsm Well-Known Member

My biggest problem was, "The boy heard them leave and ran out after them. They had already left. Highway 72 is right there."
    What?!? Who said this part?

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

8. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

JMO
    I do not think this3 year old little boy walked all that way in a diaper opened the van door and wrapped himself in a blanket and died!

JMO
    someone put him there!

9. Rayemonde

Rayemonde Well-Known Member

The person who found him put the blanket over him.

10. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

Oh! thanks!
    I still think someone placed him in that van!
    He is 3
    He didn't think IMO hey let me go see if that van is unlocked.
    Little ones either keep walking or sit down when they cant go any further.
    But these are just my thoughts.

11. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

JMO
    I agree that it is likely he was placed in the van. Just based on how freezing his hands would be before he would have gotten to the van all that way. His hands would have been numb and I dont think he would have had the feeling in his hands to be able to do it. Not in those temps after that long walk and then closing the door too. Nah.

Too many things were strange about the "story". First we hear of an "errand". Then it becomes dropping off a vehicle. The coroner friend doesn't mention bottom of feet which is the most obvious thing to look at if boy walked all that way only in a diaper.

I would be curious if the boy was cremated or buried.

I continue to hold out hope that LE is still investigating.

12. AmyPond

I am sure the mother told authorities what the actual errand was right away. Just because we, the public, haven't heard all the details doesn't mean the authorities don't know all the details.

13. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

I was doing some research on child walking speed and I also found a link that approximates when Frostbite would set in.

Im not sure if I did all this correctly but here is what I determined.

From the first link, it says:
    "children in kindergarten through sixth grade. The mean speed to walk 50 ft used by kindergarten line leaders was 13.5 seconds"

So here is the calculation I did to convert it to MPH.

(50 feet / 13.5 seconds) X (60 SECONDS/MINUTE) X (60 MINUTES/HOUR) X
    X (1 Mile / 5280 feet) = 2.52 MPH

So then to convert to how long it took to go 0.7 miles to the Van.......

(0.7 miles / 2.52 MHP) = 0.277 hours, which is 16.62 minutes which we can round off
    to 20 minutes to make it simpler to think about.

So then, I went to the 2nd link and
    from the second link, there is a graph that shows Wind Chill and
    it also shows color coded Frostbite times in 3 different
    colors depending on temperature and wind speed at the bottom of the color coded chart.

So assuming even a 5 MPH light breeze, at 17 degrees we can safely say we are in the White Color
    which says Frostbite would set in at around 30 minutes at those temps.

So I think it is safe to say his hands would be getting very close to frostbite if not already frostbitten by the time he reached the Van. Especially if he took longer to get there or if the wind speed was more like 10-20 MPH wind.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16357662

http://timberlinetrails.net/ClimbingHypothermia.html

14. Zuri

Zuri Well-Known Member

This wonderful info furthers my doubt that Titus was able to accomplish the scenario set forth by the Sheriff and Coroner. From the apparent decision to not start resuscitative efforts, I am assuming Titus had been in that van for some time.

Could it be that someone that knew him found Titus deceased on the road and placed him in the van? In order to avoid prosecution for neglect? I keep coming back to this possibility...

15. sonjay

sonjay Well-Known Member

That would explain COD as hypothermia.

Initially I thought there was no real reason to suspect foul play, but the story about GP watching him or not watching him. It's "off." If GP was watching him, he wouldn't have thought the child was with his parents. If GP wasn't watching him, why did the parents say he was? And why didn't GP close the front door?

There is only one person who could definitively say that Titus ran out the door after his parents. That would be GP. If he's the one who said that, then the question is, why didn't he do something about it? To be able to say that, he would had to have seen Titus run out the door after his parents, and then done nothing, not even closing the door.

Who else could possibly say that he ran out the door after his parents? Not poor Titus. Not his parents. If they saw him run out the door after them, and continued driving away, they as good as killed him.

Add to that the info above about walking times and frostbite times...... No, it's hinky. It doesn't hold together, IMO.

16. courtneyb

courtneyb New Member

AND, if he even walked straight to the van from the house. More than likely he meandered some if not a lot. Surely he didn't just say, "oh well, I didn't catch them...I'm just gonna walk to that neighbor's van."

17. AmyPond

I wouldn't be surprised if he was running and he reached the van much quicker. And it was the first thing he saw where he could be "inside" to lay down.

18. courtneyb

courtneyb New Member

Running in freezing temperatures is extremely taxing on the body, and can increase/intensify the effect that the cold has on the muscles and body, making it work much less efficiently in a shorter period of time. Even for fully clothed, experienced runners, who knowingly prepare to go for a run in the cold. For a 3 year old, only wearing a diaper, who is scared, in the middle of the night, and a non-athlete, if he was running, I don't think he'd have made it even close to the location of the van before his muscles gave out and his lungs felt like they were on fire. JMO

http://runneracademy.com/cold-weather-impact-on-running/

19. AmyPond

Unless LE releases some information that points to foul play, I refuse to place blame on the family. I am assuming LE know a lot more than us random people on an internet forum.

Just my opinion, of course.

20. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

Marking my spot.... No word yet on the condition of his feet ; or official cod ?