MO MO - T'Montez Hurt, 19, last seen at Greyhound Bus Station but did not get on a bus, Kansas City, 1 Feb 2024

I hope he's located safe very soon.

He seems recognizable, like he has a strong presence.

Locals, look carefully everywhere you go! He could still have black and "red" hair as reported or it may be different by now. Please study his photo carefully.

His NamUs link:

“I said to T’Montez, ‘So, Granny got to get off the phone because Granny got to book your ticket,’” she remembered. “When I hung up, that was the last time that I’ve ever spoken to my grandson.” :(
*I couldn’t read this without my eyes tearing up a bit
Thanks for that article. T'Montez is one of my special cases that I click on before the others that I regularly follow. This article clears up what I thought I had read earlier. He left his phone in the zip ride cab. He had no cell phone after the driver dropped him off. Kids that age don't remember phone numbers, other than 911. If he hasn't made it to a police station or called emergency what on earth happened to him? Were there residual drugs in his system that weren't detected at the hospital? He called grandma when he knew he was in trouble why is he silent now? I am really worried about this young man.

Did police ever find and talk to his friends and the girl he was with that evening? Did they ever interview the taxi he took from hospital to the bus station? Did they retrieve his phone? I know the hospital said his bloodwork came back okay, but it sure sounded like (from grandma's interview with Nancy Grace), that he had been drugged. The whole thing makes no sense. Even if he died somehow, why hasn't his body been found? :(

Did police ever find and talk to his friends and the girl he was with that evening? Did they ever interview the taxi he took from hospital to the bus station? Did they retrieve his phone? I know the hospital said his bloodwork came back okay, but it sure sounded like (from grandma's interview with Nancy Grace), that he had been drugged. The whole thing makes no sense. Even if he died somehow, why hasn't his body been found? :(
All questions I want answered TBH. From what I have read this is just completely out of character for TH to have no communication with his family or grandmother. I read somewhere, and it breaks my heart, that the family was able to secure funds for his next semester. THAT is hope. After participating in so many missing cases hope is something that is hard to find at times. Bless his family and may they find the answers they are seeking.

A deceased person was found near Troost and 81st St. This is close to where T’Montez Hurt was last seen but there is no confirmation at this time if this is him.

April 13, 2024

Police said they could not confirm if the bone was human. But they did confirm they found a decomposing body in a vehicle on the north side of the building. It was not yet known if the bone and the body were connected in any way.

Found this in the KC Star article above-

“Police looked at fliers the group had with Hurt’s picture and missing person information, and police said they do not believe the body they found is him.

would be very interesting if the bone is not related to the decomposing body in a car, but doesn’t sound like they were in the same states of decomp, just my opinion in reading between the lines in the information from the article.

Must be rewarding though, for searchers, who are doing a difficult and unpleasant job, to have found the bone, and then police respond appropriately and search the area to find a car and body inside.

This is a very close to me, I drive by these cross-streets several times a week, and while it’s certainly a very urban area, with lots of foot and public transit through every day, those overgrown or abandoned properties could definitely hide a lot. I’d think they wouldn’t be searched frequently aside from organized groups such as the one that worked today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back