Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. It appears Max has me set to ignore or he'd know by now that it is unlikely Pete has access to any of Toni's accounts. LE *always* takes the electronics. And it seems to me that it would be good practice for LE to change all passwords.

edit: In fact, unless someone who knew Toni's password gave it to LE, they would be forced to change it. Passwords are stored via one-way encryption. Google or Apple cannot retrieve a password, they can only reset it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pokemongokc/

Scroll down on that page and look at the posts, even today and for the last few months, made by women that match the age range of Toni.

One of the reasons that Pokemon Go was a hit in the first place is because it appealed to females as well as males. I played for a while, and I'd venture to say there was even more females playing the game than males.

I do think it's now played mostly by people who actually like pokemon, not just pokemon go, but I think some of us older people would be surprised by how much it appeals to women Toni's age.

attachment.php

She's in the sweet spot in gender and age range.

So please pete, just humor us, and check the account to make it concrete fact as to if she played that night.

I wouldn't be pressing so hard on this, if I didn't think it would explain so many things about her behavior that night in a very simplistic way.
I agree. Such a simple thing to check. Her journal in Pokemon go will show last Pokemon and pokestop.

Not everyone I know is aware I play Pokémon Go. I've never played a Pokémon game before and watched little of the show as a kid. Many people would be surprised to know that I, a 29 year old woman, would be out at 4am playing Pokémon Go by myself. But it happens. Frequently...

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Did someone ask how he knows this?

I have said I think this is a longshot for sure, but if it's just via asking people around her if she plays, that's not a definitive answer. It was cool to play pokemon go, then it became uncool to play it. Which is why there was a lot of closet pokemon go players sneaking around in the early morning hours, and even still.

So the followup question would be -- how do you know that pete?

did you simply log into her account and verify when she last played?

That's all. Simple.

If he says, we logged into her account to verify the last time she played, then it's an actual fact. But if not, it's just an assumption.

All that being said, I think it's far more likely she quit in august as they said. But please.. if pete jr can get in her twitter and facebook, I'm sure he can take a moment to check her pokemon account, right?? If he has access to her gmail account, it's easy as cake. Most people have their email and other account passwords saved on their laptops via the browser, and that's likely how pete jr had access to her facebook/twitter. So, for the love of god, just make this a fact and not an assumption :)

He is a reliable source. There is no need to ask for justification.

JMO!

Hmmm. It appears Max has me set to ignore or he'd know by now that it is unlikely Pete has access to any of Toni's accounts. LE *always* takes the electronics. And it seems to me that it would be good practice for LE to change all passwords.

edit: In fact, unless someone who knew Toni's password gave it to LE, they would be forced to change it. Passwords are stored via one-way encryption. Google or Apple cannot retrieve a password, they can only reset it.

I've not set anyone to ignore.

It's easy to just say that, that's not what the answer was.

So, if the question is not for pete, it's for law enforcement. Good question for pete though as to if LE has changed password etc.

It's a fact that pete had access to her twitter and facebook initially. I didn't see where the question was answered about pokemon or when. If the question happened early on, they could have checked and that's how they know.

imo the answer -- "I don't know" is appropriate, unless someone has verified it factually. That's the main point regardless of who has access. So if that's not pete, then it's LE that should be asked if that was checked.

Not gonna hold my breath for an answer, but if it's not been done yet... then anyone's answer should be "I don't know"

Oh. Apologies for the false assumption, Max.

---

If Pete Jr. thought she quit playing back in August, why would they be "on this."?

Before the full circumstances were even known. There's no way they were "on this."

Pokestop. W 26 Ave. This theory needs checking out.

If some of you feel so strongly Toni's accident could have been caused by playing this game, give Detective Caldwell a call and tell him.

That's just your opinion.

It's not my opinion that **if** it's not been checked yet, then nobody knows. That's a factual statement. They couldn't know unless they checked.

An opinion would be if I said - "I don't think anybody has checked yet".

If they checked, then they can say -- she stopped playing on a given date.

If they didn't, it's all assumption.

Which is why I said, whoever has the access, should be asked.

But have we gotten a definitive answer as to if they checked? no.

If some of you feel so strongly Toni's accident could have been caused by playing this game, give Detective Caldwell a call and tell him.

haha.

I honestly don't feel strongly that this is the case. I just feel strongly that it's something that should be definitively excluded. Great question for whomever has access to her gmail.

What i have said, is that if it is the case that she was playing on that day, a whole lot of things suddenly make more sense. But, certainly, it's just not likely she was still playing. But that's what you do in an investigation, you factually exclude things.

That might have happened already. I just haven't seen it asked. So it's not much unlike us all wishing we had dashcam footage to make details about the case concrete.

I appreciate everyone on here brainstorming and actually coming up with ideas while we wait for more information from LE. If you guys were not doing this, we would not have anything to talk about which would lead to pushing this case to the back of our minds. I am personally encouraged people continue to think about Toni and care enough to keep her case at the forefront.

He is a reliable source. There is no need to ask for justification.

JMO!
Being reliable doesnt mean he knows for a fact. I dont agree or disagree with the pokemon theory but like people have said she may have kept it to herself. Its not something you play sitting at home so perhaps she only did it when she was out and alone.

I think it makes a lot more sense that she was out there for a reason then just believing she got lost, which in my opinion is ridiculous. She went that way and was out by that boat ramp for something.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

haha.

I honestly don't feel strongly that this is the case. I just feel strongly that it's something that should be definitively excluded. Great question for whomever has access to her gmail.

What i have said, is that if it is the case that she was playing on that day, a whole lot of things suddenly make more sense. But, certainly, it's just not likely she was still playing. But that's what you do in an investigation, you factually exclude things.

That might have happened already. I just haven't seen it asked. So it's not much unlike us all wishing we had dashcam footage to make details about the case concrete.

After thinking about this it does make sense. Because she had been sick the previous week she may have not felt like partying or making the supposed pick up she had for drugs. Maybe she didn't feel like going home yet and wanted to spend an hour or so playing this game. I am thinking she had a meeting with someone in Parkville, a new address, a specific time and just accidentally drove down that boat ramp. She thought she could drive through the park and get to her destination. Maybe the Police know who she was going to meet and also the parents and that's why they're so sure of an accident. I hope the autopsy comes back sooner than later and we find out something soon.

Oh. Apologies for the false assumption, Max.

---

If Pete Jr. thought she quit playing back in August, why would they be "on this."?

Before the full circumstances were even known. There's no way they were "on this."

Pokestop. W 26 Ave. This theory needs checking out.

no offense taken.

I must have missed where he or LE or anyone who had the ability to be "on this", said they were "on this". haha

I think I've seen people say they believe pete would be "on this", and that a reporter was contacted regarding this.

People on this thread have said this came up earlier in the case and someone posted a quote of Pete answering a question as saying she stopped playing in August. I have no idea when that was asked/answered.

I know a fair amount of discussion likely happens on facebook or wherever, and I'm sure I could have missed a lot on this topic.

I honestly just don't know what is the actual case at this point. I'd personally just like to see someone go to that boat ramp with ingress and do a screenshot to see if there is any XM on that boat ramp or near it. That would at least tell me that pokemon are literally spawning on the boat ramp :)

Someone took a picture of the ingress at the coffee shop , and you could see that the QT was engorged with XM, which means pokemon would be spawning all over that lot. Which would indeed answer why she was driving around the pumps a few times. But, to be honest, I don't even know how Pete knows that. :) I didn't see any video of her doing that.

no offense taken.

I must have missed where he or LE or anyone who had the ability to be "on this", said they were "on this". haha

I think I've seen people say they believe pete would be "on this", and that a reporter was contacted regarding this.

People on this thread have said this came up earlier in the case and someone posted a quote of Pete answering a question as saying she stopped playing in August. I have no idea when that was asked/answered.

I know a fair amount of discussion likely happens on facebook or wherever, and I'm sure I could have missed a lot on this topic.

I honestly just don't know what is the actual case at this point. I'd personally just like to see someone go to that boat ramp with ingress and do a screenshot to see if there is any XM on that boat ramp or near it. That would at least tell me that pokemon are literally spawning on the boat ramp :)

Someone took a picture of the ingress at the coffee shop , and you could see that the QT was engorged with XM, which means pokemon would be spawning all over that lot. Which would indeed answer why she was driving around the pumps a few times. But, to be honest, I don't even know how Pete knows that. :) I didn't see any video of her doing that.

I was quoting "on this" from a post made a couple posts previous by heartgoesout. Unfortunately, a couple posts got in the middle.

Pete said this morning that Toni quit Pokemon Go back in August.

There was no discussion of this previously on the main group or here, that I'm aware of.

I have discussed this with a reporter. They haven't told me so, but I would expect them to take it up with LE.

After thinking about this it does make sense. Because she had been sick the previous week she may have not felt like partying or making the supposed pick up she had for drugs. Maybe she didn't feel like going home yet and wanted to spend an hour or so playing this game. I am thinking she had a meeting with someone in Parkville, a new address, a specific time and just accidentally drove down that boat ramp. She thought she could drive through the park and get to her destination. Maybe the Police know who she was going to meet and also the parents and that's why they're so sure of an accident. I hope the autopsy comes back sooner than later and we find out something soon.

The thing that people have to understand about this game, is that these pokemon are spawning all over the place and they aren't trying to catch just any old pokemon. In many cases you are hunting down specific pokemon that you don't have. So, for instance, she's not going to have any water based pokemon unless she goes near a river or lake or pond. That is where those pokemon spawn. That also would explain why she went to that specific location. Not just her behavior in driving erratically around the pumps at the QT or down a dead end. One might think you are lost if you are playing pokemon go, because you might turn around to go get the pikachu you just drove past. haha

So, like you said, if she was in parkville to meet someone, she still might have taken the opportunity to catch some water based pokemon.

lol this all sounds so crazy, I admit. I myself, highly doubt that Toni was playing pokemon. But, as I said, soooo many things make actual sense if she was.

But I think also seeing what that boat ramp looks like in the ingress game, will show us if there is a high probability that the boat ramp is a pokemon nest.

We had someone earlier take a screenshot in ingress at the QT, so hoping at some point they can check out the boat ramp and get a screenshot there.

KCPD is investigating Toni's case not NKCPD, right? And wasn't the reason given was because Toni left Chrome which is in KC? Am I remembering this correctly?

Lets say that in the toxicology report she tests positive for heroin. Will LE just let that sit? Or will they re-visit foul play? Maybe she OD with someone and they dumped her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151