GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #2

Maybe this was discussed on the first thread. Wouldn't it make sense that they charged her with 2nd degree instead of first for her full confession? I can't imagine that this murder isn't 1st as who knows how long she was beating him until she realized he no longer had life in him. Really it is so hard to imagine.

snipped

Yes, it makes sense. I think they offered her a deal, to confess in exchange for not charging her with 1st degree. I do not blame them. It's not that easy to prove 1st degree murder, and they want to make sure that justice is served. It's better to go with a charge they know can be proved rather than take a chance she could be acquitted. Besides, with a signed confession, I don't think she has a chance of pleading not guilty now. If some lawyer talks her into it, who is going to believe her? If she pleads guilty, no trial.

Would anyone want to put Tyler's family, the grandparents and the dad through a trial? The dad already has mental problems, think what it would do to him. A murder trial is SO hard for the family, it takes so much out of family members. That is the last thing they need. My prayers are with them, even with the maternal grandmother... I'm sure none of them saw this coming.

BBM - Me too. My family doesn't get it. I can't help these children directly but indirectly I can pass on their story and hope that it makes a difference in the life of another child. Due to Tyler's story I was able to (once again) to reiterate to my grown children that if they EVER feel overwhelmed, stressed, need to sleep in for whatever reason, call me, I will be there in 10 minutes or bring the babies to me.
Last night I played with my 13 month Grand Baby, we played, we loved,we snuggled, we giggled and we made several messes with food and juice, it was delightful. Last night instead of crying for Tyler, I took the time to enjoy a child, for Tyler.

I did the same!
While I don't have any grandchildren yet, my daughter's best friends have babies and I'm close to both of them. My daughter came over last night to cook dinner for us and brought her friends and their babies. One baby was a couple of days younger than Tyler was and the other baby was only 2 months old.

I decided since I didn't have to cook dinner and I had babies to play with, that I would stay off WS and sad stories and just enjoy Silas and Garrett.

Wow just wow!

Also someone asked about the sleeping arrangements since this is reported a 2 bedroom house. My husband told me last night that friends of ours lived in that house years ago. The basement is completely finished and there is a bedroom down there. MOO

Wow... "Tyler's grandmother, who lived in the house with he and Shelby, was at the home, but authorities said she was not aware anything had occurred."

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/286130/3/Shelby-Dasher-to-appear-in-court-on-suicide-watch

Shelby is to be arraigned this morning. Let's hope she just pleads guilty and doesn't lead this into a long drawn out trial with make believe defenses. Tyler deserves his "mother" to admit what he did to him and pay the consequences.

That's horrible. I feel terrible for the grandma.

Question: didn't police leave the home with a doll? I have a suspicion that Shelby placed a doll in the crib to make it look like a baby was in there sleeping so her mom would think Tyler was still in the crib when she left for work. I think it was reported that the grandma didn't check on Tyler before she left for work at 7:30 am. JMO

This news makes my physically ill. I hope she pleads guilty and goes to prison and doesn't waste anyone's time witha trial. She deserves to die in prison. Sick!

That's horrible. I feel terrible for the grandma.

Question: didn't police leave the home with a doll? I have a suspicion that Shelby placed a doll in the crib to make it look like a baby was in there sleeping so her mom would think Tyler was still in the crib when she left for work. I think it was reported that the grandma didn't check on Tyler before she left for work at 7:30 am. JMO

BBM
Yep they did leave the home with a doll yesterday morning as SD led them out of the house. It was reported that grandma did not check on them, which if she was home kinda makes sense to me about her sleeping downstairs and not hearing anything.

I stayed away last night because I just couldn't read/watch/hear anymore about this case. It was disturbing me so much. But of course this is the first place I go as soon as I get into work and onto my puter.

If it bothers me this much, does it bother Shelby at all?? Is she feeling any remorse whatsoever??? Sure didn't look like it in the videos from before she was arrested. I can hope that she at least hates herself for what she did.

Lub you, little Tyler!!! (at least some of us did, right??)

Wow... "Tyler's grandmother, who lived in the house with he and Shelby, was at the home, but authorities said she was not aware anything had occurred."

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/286130/3/Shelby-Dasher-to-appear-in-court-on-suicide-watch

Shelby is to be arraigned this morning. Let's hope she just pleads guilty and doesn't lead this into a long drawn out trial with make believe defenses. Tyler deserves his "mother" to admit what he did to him and pay the consequences.

Wow. That's really sad. I bet that tears grandma up even more than if she had been at work. She is probably kicking herself, wondering why she didn't hear anything. Makes me think he went unconscious pretty quickly or she would have heard the prolonged crying and gone in to check on him.

Oh man .. Little Tyler .. you deserved soooo much more. Sooooooo sooooooooo much more ...

Sleep with the angels, little guy.

I alternated between grief for little Tyler and anger at SD all night last night. I've had more than my share of "rough" moments with my kiddos but to do what SD has done is just beyond my realm of comprehension.

I also keep thinking about that poor couple walking their dog and came upon what I'm sure was a terrible sight. So sad for everyone right now.

RIP Tyler, have fun playing in heaven sweet angel.

Does anyone know if Tyler had his own bedroom or was his crib in Shelby's room?

In the presser yesterday, it was reported that Tyler did not sleep in the same room as him mother.

At the presser they said he had his own room.

So I've been snooping on her friends pages... I cannot get over how many of them have babysat for Tyler on numerous occasions and have their own pictures of him while he was in their care. He was very, very loved by all these young people. Some of them also have little ones. She had so many friends to turn to for help, yet she didn't. For the most part they are all done with her, one even said she was her best friend, like a sister to her and now she is nothing to her.

OMG!!! So Shelby has already appeared in court this morning and a NOT GUILTY plea has been entered!

I know, I know... pretty typical... but come on... she confessed!!! I really don't want this drawn out for the sake of all the grandparents, but especially Tyler's daddy.

"Shelby Ann Dasher appeared in a St. Louis County courtroom wearing prison clothing. Judge Permuter entered a not guilty plea for Dasher."

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-ju...ea-for-shelby-dasher-20111117,0,5083016.story

ETA the link

Off topic...I can't remember the name of the MTV show that had young pregnant girls on it.. But I was always so proud of the young couple who gave their baby to a loving couple..

Catelynn and Tyler was the couple. They made a great decision considering their own dysfunctional family setting they were already in. Tyler's dad dating Catelynn's mom. <<<< i think that's correct. I love those two, they are such good friends to each other.

Shelby Dasher, the mother accused of killing her 13-month-old baby, appeared before a St. Louis County judge today. She was wearing handcuffs and leg shackles. The judge asked if she had an attorney and she answered, "no." Her next court date is set for January 5th. Story soon to follow on KMOV.com.

Live report: Shelby stood without emotion before the judge... the judge asked if she had an attorney, she shook her head no. The judge asked if she had money for an attorney she again shook her head no. There were no attorney's in the courtroom, just Miss Dasher & the Judge. There were some deputies in the courtroom, but no family or friends in the Courtroom to support Shelby Dasher.

OMG!!! So Shelby has already appeared in court this morning and a NOT GUILTY plea has been entered!

I know, I know... pretty typical... but come on... she confessed!!! I really don't want this drawn out for the sake of all the grandparents, but especially Tyler's daddy.

"Shelby Ann Dasher appeared in a St. Louis County courtroom wearing prison clothing. Judge Permuter entered a not guilty plea for Dasher."

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-ju...ea-for-shelby-dasher-20111117,0,5083016.story

ETA the link

from your link

Family members tell FOX 2 Dasher has been moved from the St. Louis County Justice Center to another location for her safety. Authorities have not confirmed that move.

How could someone not be safe in a jail:waitasec:

unless..they already released her in GP?

from your link

How could someone not be safe in a jail:waitasec:

unless..they already released her in GP?

The only guess I have is over-crowding, and there was no room to keep her safe by herself. I say throw her to the wolves and save everyone a lot of time, money & trouble.

Here's the info on the County Jail... it's relatively new, last 15 years I think it was built. I remember it going up.

The St. Louis County Jail is a Direct Supervision facility which detains adults and certified juveniles who are pre-trial or serving county sentences. For the most part the population consists of inmates charged with felonies, misdemeanors and municipal ordinance violations. Most of these inmates are incarcerated because they have not plead, been found guilty, or cannot post bail. The design and management style is significantly different from traditional linear jails, for example, there are no bars. Inmates are offered many programs and services and are rewarded for positive behavior.

Inmates in the general population of the County Jail are housed on the floors four through seven of the Justice Center. There are four housing units on each floor with 48 cells in each pod. One-third of the cells are double bunked for a total capacity of 64 inmates per pod and 256 inmates per floor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back