GUILTY MO - Valerie Butler, 25, Florissant, 11 Feb 2011

No, NG seems to be on the Charlie Sheen runaway train, like everyone else...

Prayers Valerie returns home safe and sound.

Why did it take 3 weeks for LE to get the news out? Or was there another problem?

Salem

Prayers Valerie returns home safe and sound.

Why did it take 3 weeks for LE to get the news out? Or was there another problem?

Salem

Probably the old " She's an adult, she's allowed to go off by herself".

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/245585/3/Valerie-Butler-missing-for-nearly-two-weeks

Woman + 2 guys leaving Bar= not a good outcome at all.

99.9% if you leave a bar or club with guy(s) you will not return home. :(

Not to be snarky, but that's really black and white, and definitely untrue. Not smart at all, but every woman I know who has done that (including me) have all been really, really lucky if we're that .1%. I can't judge her at all. I'd wager 50% of female members on here have erred in judgement that way (and forgive me if I'm wrong...but we were all young.). Maybe she'd hung out with them before. Bless her and hope she's found safely.

Not to be snarky, but that's not always true - very possible, but not true. Guess every woman I know who has done that (including me) have all been really, really lucky.

I think that 99% of the time you end up doing the walk or drive of shame the next morning (as it was called in college).. it's the 1% you end up dead.

I agree that no one should be going anywhere with someone they don't know very well.
But i'll admit to doing it when I was younger and a bit naive. I think most of us probably have. We were lucky or had a guardian angel.

I think that 99% of the time you end up doing the walk or drive of shame the next morning (as it was called in college).. it's the 1% you end up dead.

I agree that no one should be going anywhere with someone they don't know very well.
But i'll admit to doing it when I was younger and a bit naive. I think most of us probably have. We were lucky or had a guardian angel.

Thanks, peeples. I appreciate you standing up with me on that...it's not fun to admit, but it's true. (OT - that's why I'm developing RealWorldGirls.org - for those very situations)

Not to be snarky, but that's really black and white, and definitely untrue. Not smart at all, but every woman I know who has done that (including me) have all been really, really lucky if we're that .1%. I can't judge her at all. I'd wager 50% of female members on here have erred in judgement that way (and forgive me if I'm wrong...but we were all young.). Maybe she'd hung out with them before. Bless her and hope she's found safely.

Her cousin said she does not know who these two men are unless Valerie never told anyone about these two men. It is possible she does know them.

Just to be on the safe side, I'd never go anywhere alone with a guy or guys. (ones that I just met or don't know too well). I assume Valerie was intoxicated when she left the bar with two guys, her judgment would be impaired so she would not be thinking clearly.

according to a girl who saw her she said that Valerie was very intoxicated and that she gave her car keys to two guys because she was too drunk to drive her car.

That's where the mystery deepens.

What happened to Valerie after the girl saw her???

Last seen leaving a Florissant Liquor store with two men, buying alcohol, 15 minutes after leaving Gator's Bar, walked out the door of Liquor store w/ two men and they have it on tape.

Prayers for Valerie's safe return! God only knows that I can't judge her. I have done the same thing during my rebel years when I was in my early 20s. I think the alcohol impaired her judgement and she just went with the flow of the night.

She just thought nothing bad will happen to me, I will have fun and try to forget that my boyfriend left me or something like that. JMO

Prayers for Valerie's safe return! God only knows that I can't judge her. I have done the same thing during my rebel years when I was in my early 20s. I think the alcohol impaired her judgement and she just went with the flow of the night.

She just thought nothing bad will happen to me, I will have fun and try to forget that my boyfriend left me or something like that. JMO

Oh, MorenoI...that is exactly what I was just thinking. Alcohol + emotional turmoil = not good outcome. I am frightened for Valerie...I allowed myself to do the same thing a few times in my younger years and luckily I never met up with trouble. It worries me that these two men did harm to this beautiful young girl.

Up until a year ago I lived in Florissant. My kids still live there. One of my sons has actually spoken to the police regarding this case. Valerie was a couple of grades ahead of him so they ran into each other in grade school and high school. Also he knows some of the people that were at Gators that night.

Definitely a working class neighborhood. That boy has been my problem child his entire life....he accounts for every gray hair on my head. Although he has gotten himself on track, this has really scared him. He has hung out with some less than desirable people in his day. I told him a thousand times that he was putting himself in danger . As with most young people, he has always thought nothing could happen to him...only to other people.

While he certainly did not maintain a friendship with this girl, she is someone that he has know for years and he goes to this bar a couple of times a month. This has really hit home to him that bad things can happen even though you think they never will. He has definitely expressed that he will be more careful himself and his is really watching out for his girlfriend in a way that he never thought to before.

I hope that she will be found unharmed; just tucked away somewhere trying to get her head back on straight. It has been so long without contact at this point, I am afraid of the worst. I pray for Valerie, her family and her friends.

Up until a year ago I lived in Florissant. My kids still live there. One of my sons has actually spoken to the police regarding this case. Valerie was a couple of grades ahead of him so they ran into each other in grade school and high school. Also he knows some of the people that were at Gators that night.

Definitely a working class neighborhood. That boy has been my problem child his entire life....he accounts for every gray hair on my head. Although he has gotten himself on track, this has really scared him. He has hung out with some less than desirable people in his day. I told him a thousand times that he was putting himself in danger . As with most young people, he has always thought nothing could happen to him...only to other people.

While he certainly did not maintain a friendship with this girl, she is someone that he has know for years and he goes to this bar a couple of times a month. This has really hit home to him that bad things can happen even though you think they never will. He has definitely expressed that he will be more careful himself and his is really watching out for his girlfriend in a way that he never thought to before.

I hope that she will be found unharmed; just tucked away somewhere trying to get her head back on straight. It has been so long without contact at this point, I am afraid of the worst. I pray for Valerie, her family and her friends.

That's what I'm afraid of. :(

There is no way in my mind that she was found in the area of BAC (Bridgeton Athletic Complex) unless someone put her there. It is certainly not somewhere that you could or would easily walk to.

There is no way in my mind that she was found in the area of BAC (Bridgeton Athletic Complex) unless someone put her there. It is certainly not somewhere that you could or would easily walk to.

esp. if you might be intoxicated. There is no way she could have walked all that way by herself.

It is very industrial, farmland, quarries, etc. No way that anyone would be walking back there. The roads are so narrow that you don't see any walkers or bike riders back there...just too dangerous.

A body found in Thursday in Bridgeton has been positively identified as Valerie Butler, who has been missing since Feb. 11.
Florissant Police Department investigators located her body at 10:45 a.m. in the area of Prouhet Farm Road and Ferguson Lane by the Bridgeton Municipal Athletic Complex.

http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-jo...cle_5a89c1ec-bd46-5529-b183-15727b3e0d76.html

Prayers to her family and friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back