MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Yes it seems it <modnote - the vigil> was last Sunday ….so another one perhaps after the first??

Nine days after a 22-year-old Black woman sought help from residents in Excelsior Springs on the morning she escaped the house of a man authorities say kept her captive for weeks, a group of about two dozen people gathered in prayer at a gas station parking lot roughly 40 miles to the southwest in Kansas City’s Marlborough Heights neighborhood. It was a candlelight vigil for the woman who escaped, and for all missing Black women and children around the metro — including those whose cases have not been reported or highly publicized.

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article267519148.html#storylink=cpy

EDIT to add - other media reports published this week indicated that the vigil was upcoming … very disappointing …

Last edited by a moderator:

Residents in Kansas City, Missouri say police ignored reports of missing Black women​

11,577 views Oct 19, 2022 Earlier in October, a 22-year-old Black woman was found claiming she was kidnapped by a man, kept in his basement for a month and repeatedly raped by him. Now residents in Kansas City, Missouri are claiming they raised the alarm about missing Black women weeks before the victim was found. Ryan Sorrell, founder and editor-in-chief of the Kansas City Defender, joins CBS News to discuss the accusations by residents and the two police departments' response.

Yes, horrendous!!!! And to think the kidnapping and deprivation of liberty can happen in a suburban street again, and neighbours don’t know anything about it is so scary ..

(NOT blaming the neighbours, just commenting that you never know what goes on behind closed doors… )
Or behind garage doors that are only opened ~1 foot or so in which the non-friendly neighbors rolls in and out of like that's the normal way people enter/exit through a garage door.

Great post above @darkstar105 ^^^^^

I also believe Bishop Caldwell’s statements, if you search the “Bishop Caldwell” on YouTube there is another video where he is wearing a red striped shirt that also explains this a little more …

Bishop Caldwell does state that this young woman, who escaped, was one of eight women that were missing…. He also explains that one mother tried to report her daughter missing to Police, but gave up due to obstacles …
He also said because some of the young women went by “nick names” or not their real names, the Police wouldn’t take a missing person’s report…

I am hoping that Sunday’s planned vigil for these missing young women will be taken seriously, and perhaps then they will release some images of the women that are missing and the names they go by, even if Police refuse to take an official missing person’s report…..maybe the Media can make a positive difference….

These women, no matter their race, creed, occupation, age, all deserve to have Justice and some one looking for them if they are missing! IMO

Words from Bishop Caldwell:

That was the description of the guy we were talking about and that was the location we said they were being taken from. That’s exactly what we were telling people. I’m sorry people didn’t act on it sooner, and it’s absolutely tragic that the other young ladies didn’t make it. It’s horrible.

Thanks I watched this video:
but I can't find the part about nicknames and where he said one mother tried to report her daughter missing to police. Is that in a different video?

<modsnip: Discussing information from non approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice to see Bishop Caldwell shepherd the 8 families missing their daughters into, oh the Mayor's office for a meeting.

Maybe the Chief of Police would join them with those blank Missing Persons forms, all ready to be completed by the suffering families and immediately acted on by the KCPD.

Don't wake me from this dream, OK?

jmho ymmv lrr

Would be nice to see Bishop Caldwell shepherd the 8 families missing their daughters into, oh the Mayor's office for a meeting.

Maybe the Chief of Police would join them with those blank Missing Persons forms, all ready to be completed by the suffering families and immediately acted on by the KCPD.

Don't wake me from this dream, OK?

jmho ymmv lrr
Your dream, Chief of Polices nightmare. Too bad for him.

I hope so too, but it's really hard for families to overcome felt shame and quilt for the lifestyle of loved ones. And if they can "we" the public will kick them back in the corner, with all kinds of disgusting blaming comments on SM. Feeling really emotional now...there is so much hate and ignorance brewing in the underbelly of our society.

Someone has to name things the way they are. There should be no shame or guilt in the lifestyle of prostitution, and by not defending the women on the streets, we defend their pimps, their johns, and their serial killers.

LE back at TH's tonight

Hmmm…. Have to wonder what forensics has shown up??? For 7 unmarked Police cars (from Hidden True Crime) to go back to the scene with a cadaver dog again …??? After they took 3 days to search the house initially……

Last edited:
Someone has to name things the way they are. There should be no shame or guilt in the lifestyle of prostitution, and by not defending the women on the streets, we defend their pimps, their johns, and their serial killers.
100% agree with your statement. They are working because there are people willing to pay for their services, why should they be shamed for simply providing a service? Sex work needs to be regulated, these people need to be protected and advocated for like any other worker.

Apparently everyone here would!
Late one night police blocked a truck in the driveway across the street from me. My sister-in-law next door watched out her window. I walked down the driveway so I could see and hear better. I met my other neighbor at the end of my driveway. It turned out that it was a pickup truck with plates from a different vehicle. The driver had no license. He told the police that he lived there. My neighbor didn’t know the guy. I live in a very quiet neighborhood. All lots are at least one acre and there is no through street. After the police took the guy away and had the truck towed my other neighbor and I went over to get the details. It was an exciting night.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back