MOD ONLY: 2011.03.31 Hearing Summary Thread (READ ONLY)

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by darnudes, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A_News_Junkie

A_News_Junkie Retired

Is there a way for the tech team to add a button (like the thanks button) for JTF - just the facts (0r some such term) that the readers live could hit and when a post gets X number hits it automatically goes to the Summary thread? Or at least makes it easier for mods to fly thru to find posts to transfer?

Edit to add: have it hidden how many recommendations each post is getting so it doesn't become like thanks - as IMHO, thanks key is : Thanks for your input, I agree, what a hoot that was, hug to you (maybe a story shared) or that post was brilliant.
    This would be a button just for posts great for ST - Summary Thread.

Just an idea

2. aeli2468

aeli2468 New Member

Add me to the list of people who LOVED this. I have been swamped with meetings all day and it was fantastic to read through the summary thread quickly, while still getting a sense of what each of the players was actually saying and doing.

Thanks to all who had posts added to the thread (and the MODS who updated)!!!

3. Leila

Leila Active Member

I'm also on the the west coast, and didn't catch the quick hearing live, but this summary thread was a perfect summary and quickly got me up-to-speed too on the day's events.

While I enjoy reading everyone's posts during a hearing, it's impossible to go through 30 pages of posts to find out what happened if you miss a hearing or come in late.

I love this idea and hope this will become a feature during the trial! Many thanks for this thread! :)

4. Kentjbkent

Kentjbkent DELETE ACCOUNT

This was just a TEST and EXPERIMENT to see how easy it would be for a mod, whether or not it would be helpful, and whether or not it would be confusing for you guys.

I will tell you that it was very simple today....I was not able to actually watch the hearing, but while at work, I monitored the "casual conversation" thread (as I refer to the other one)...and as I peeked in, simply copied pertinent threads over, one page at a time.

Took me a minute at a time but may still need some "tweaking" in anticipation of trial time?

May have to try this again with tomorrow's longer hearing, then reassess?

5. logicalgirl

logicalgirl Peace Hawk

I can see you could do this Kentjbkent, because although there is a lot of multiple yakking about the same "event" there are consistently some posters who succinctly list good segments of hearing progress in one post.:great:

Even on our current thread it find it helps because I may miss a quick response or comment one of the lawyers/HHJP or run for a potty break, or answer a phone call to come back to a Break or a sidebar and can quickly see by these summaries why the Justice crest in on the monitor I was watching....

I'm going to try to keep my own posting down to a minimum although it hard sometimes when Baez.....oh never mind.

6. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

What happened to my post concerning HHJP? Did I break a forum rule?

7. Intermezzo

Intermezzo Well-Known Member

Being local...I utilized this thread..
    I was not working today...actually neither was DH...due to the bad weather in Central Florida.

1) I could not stream the live video on my computer..???problems playing live video

AND

2) I kept losing my satellite connection and couldn't watch it on tv..

8. Kentjbkent

The above is exactly why I came up with the idea of a summary thread. I don't WANT you to have to keep your posting down to a minimum during the hearing or trial....in fact, I am trying to come up with a way that would not change the "discussion" aspect amongst members while court is in session, but also provide a way that those popping in quickly can keep abreast of what is transpiring WITHOUT the chatter...

So you would be FINE in the "casual discussion" thread..! :crazy:

9. Kentjbkent

Wrong thread, Tulessa. This thread was MOD SUMMARY ONLY....we are only keeping open to hear suggestions and feedback of the necessity of such a thread...think Hearing Thread is now closed...

10. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

I love, love, love the idea of this thread! Once the trial starts I will be using it often because I now work nights...12 hour shifts! I've missed a couple of hearings already and have been grateful for the WS recap's. :blowkiss:

11. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

Oh duh!! So sorry!! Note to self. Read gal read. :crazy:

12. Gma Kat

Gma Kat Wantonly distributing my opinion........

I LOVED this thread. I get frustrated on the open hearing threads due to the repeat comments (although I must admit, I love them and laugh my arse off!) and the time it takes to find proper commentary. Also, those threads move so fast it throws the thread off when discussing chronological issues that happened in-session. I agree with the suggestion that only a few approved "chroniclers" or "WStenographers" should provide the running commentary........along with our revered Mods bringing over relevant and useful comments from the open thread.........Posters have suggested some great WS'rs for this purpose.........we all know whose posts we look for and for what reasons - it may not be the same poster who satisfies all our needs, which is why I think a combination of approaches suggested on this thread would serve nicely.

13. Softail

Softail Well-Known Member

I'll volunteer to do play by play (PBP), if you need anyone else to do it. May not be able to do it everyday, but if you need it, you got it.

14. TallCoolOne

TallCoolOne Registered Lurker

Welcome to my world momtective! I do the same with a 40 minute drive each way, so very loooong nites. Then when I do get home and try to get caught up, I am usually overwhelmed to find two threads, one morning and one afternoon, each 38 pages long to try to wade through to get the meat of the hearings. I know I end up missing a lot of good information while trying to wade through the chit-chat, and doing this may help me actually keep up with what is going on.

This is a terrific idea and I want to send kudos to the idea as well as the contributors! I hope we can find a way to make this work out. I'll have to depend on all of our fine posters here to follow the trial and I'd be at a loss without you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.