Moderate Risk of Severe Weather Today in OK, TX, MO and KS

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Dark Knight, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED OVER PARTS OF THE SOUTHERN/CENTRAL PLAINS LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT... THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER IN NORMAN OK IS FORECASTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF TORNADOES...LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS OVER PARTS OF THE SOUTHERN/CENTRAL PLAINS LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT. THE AREAS MOST LIKELY TO EXPERIENCE THIS ACTIVITY INCLUDE SOUTHEASTERN KANSAS FAR WESTERN MISSOURI MUCH OF OKLAHOMA FAR NORTHERN TEXAS ELSEWHERE...SEVERE STORMS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE FROM CENTRAL TEXAS INTO ILLINOIS.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/pwo.html

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

2. Loading...

3. Show Me

Show Me New Member

We've got a good chance of severe storms with hail. Need the moisture so looking forward to rain! Didn't know whither to bump up my severe weather 2013 thread to warn people, then had to go to my mother's house so I didn't have time.

Sure wish we had a weather forum. One we could also put earthquakes, floods, dust storms too as multiple events can be happening in the USA and other countries. :please:

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Today in NE OK has that "storms-a-comin'" feel to it. Mid-70s and clammy. Slight ominous breeze.

5. Show Me

Show Me New Member

Your east of me and in the middle of the storms-a-comin. Yeah I get the feeling also from here. We are now in tornado watch, though on the edge. I have a feeling any tornadoes will be rain wrapped and north of us so I doubt we will be chasing. Plus our temperature is still way low.

Got the dogs out in time to wee wee before the thunder and lightening starts...hooray.

6. raeann

raeann Well-Known Member

just drove past the metal armored tornado chasing vehicle from the Discovery Channel show.....its just chilly drizzle rain here so far though

7. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

8. Reader

Reader New Member

9. Justiceforever

Justiceforever New Member

Thanks for the information. We drive cross country in a truck, so it's good to know. We are currently in Illinois headed to the Memphis TN. Hopefully we'll miss the worst of it. We were just in Oklahoma and Mo. a couple days ago. We've been pretty blessed and have managed to avoid severe weather, for the most, part. Stay safe everybody and God Bless!

10. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

The elevated risk of severe weather has moved east:

Map: http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS EXPECTED OVER PARTS OF THE MID MISSISSIPPI AND LOWER OH VALLEYS TODAY... THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER IN NORMAN OK IS FORECASTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF WIDESPREAD DAMAGING WINDS AND A FEW TORNADOES OVER PARTS OF THE MID MISSISSIPPI AND LOWER OH VALLEYS TODAY. THE AREAS MOST LIKELY TO EXPERIENCE THIS ACTIVITY INCLUDE EASTERN ARKANSAS CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN ILLINOIS MUCH OF INDIANA WESTERN KENTUCKY SOUTHERN LOWER MICHIGAN SOUTHEAST MISSOURI NORTHERN MISSISSIPPI WEST TENNESSEE ELSEWHERE...SEVERE STORMS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE FROM EAST TX NORTHWARD ACROSS MUCH OF THE MS AND OH VALLEY REGIONS