Mom of disabled toddler takes to Facebook to thank special Florida boy

zwiebel

Reaction score
Palm Beach, Florida mom Katie Myers takes her 18-month-old son Kaden, who is in a wheelchair, to South Florida Science Center and Aquarium often. She says it gives him 'his own, accessible little paradise'.

But she was amazed last week when a young boy she didn't know - maybe about eight - helped her toddler around the exhibits, picked up balls he dropped and couldn't reach, and never once asked what was 'wrong' with him or why he was in a wheelchair.

Mom's so grateful to that kind little boy she's posted a photo of him on Facebook, playing with her son Kaden, because she wants to let his parents know what a thoughtful child they have, and how grateful she is. I haven't posted the photo of the young man helping the toddler here just in case he's shy. It's at the link though. Nice young boy.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/national/wpb-mom-seeks-identity-boy-son-wheelchair/nnMFR/

Why didn't she thank him when he was standing right in front of her?

Palm Beach, Florida mom Katie Myers takes her 18-month-old son Kaden, who is in a wheelchair, to South Florida Science Center and Aquarium often. She says it gives him 'his own, accessible little paradise'.

But she was amazed last week when a young boy she didn't know - maybe about eight - helped her toddler around the exhibits, picked up balls he dropped and couldn't reach, and never once asked what was 'wrong' with him or why he was in a wheelchair.

Mom's so grateful to that kind little boy she's posted a photo of him on Facebook, playing with her son Kaden, because she wants to let his parents know what a thoughtful child they have, and how grateful she is. I haven't posted the photo of the young man helping the toddler here just in case he's shy. It's at the link though. Nice young boy.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/national/wpb-mom-seeks-identity-boy-son-wheelchair/nnMFR/

I felt it was so sad that this lady has to be that excited about one tiny moment of friendliness toward her darling child. We really must teach our children better.

How else could she have written her piece then?

I said it before when discussing the news with friends, I would be absolutely livid if anyone took a picture of my kid then plastered all over the internet with her sappy, "feel good" story. It is a huge invasion of privacy, and if baffles me that she is that self absorbed that she can't see it.

Perhaps she didn't want her son to think that he was such an inconvenience or oddity that people needed to be rewarded for simply being kind to him.

Ah, mom's posted on her FB page that she's not actually looking for the little boy - she wanted to thank him publically to encourage others to treat children with a disability well and 'see' them. Also to help publicize and help find a cure for the condition her son has.

That's Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) which she says is the number one genetic killer of infants under two and has no cure. :(

https://www.facebook.com/kadenscure

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back