Moms To Be Strut Their Stuff In Bikini Contest

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Blondie in Spokane, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Active Member

2. Loading...

3. Valleyboy

Valleyboy Grumpy Old Man..

I guess this will be a weekly show on TV before long.

America's Preggies

4. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

5. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

6. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

You can be sure one of promoters behind this contest has a fetish for pregnant women.

7. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Registered Texan

Clicked on the link expecting to read about this story taking place in a place without much culture or taste. Embarrassed to learn the event happened in my city Houston. Lesson learned. Now I know I live in a place without much culture and taste. I should not have been so surprised. :(

8. Cazzie

Cazzie This is love

Why isn't there legislation to prevent these people from breeding?

9. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

I have made myself pass this thread up so many times, but now I just have to say what I think.

First of all, I find the thread title offensive, but do understand it was only copied from the article. Not a criticism to you, Blondie in Spokane, but a critism to whomever came up with that title to the article.

I just turned 62 years old and am very 'old school' about respect, values, and so forth. Pregnancy is a very precious time and should be respected, not flaunted in a bikini. Back when I was pregnant the three different times, people would smile at me, open doors for me, and even ask when I was due. I dressed more conservatively, and was careful to not do anything that might harm my unborn baby. Times were different then.

These days women wear spandex, revealing tops, and outfits that are not maternity clothing. What happened to being modest during the most miraculous time of your life? I believe babies are a tiny miracle.

Strut your 'stuff'? What is your stuff? It has a very negative connotation to me. Maybe you strut your 'stuff' in a nightclub or whatever, or being flirtatious, or trying to attract attention, but when you are 7 months pregnant? Oh, man!

Maybe I am too old school, but a pregnant woman deserves the utmost respect, not some salivating dudes gawking at them.

Okay, I am done now. That whole thing is just wrong in my book. This old 'Nana' strongly disapproves of this event, and the organizers need to go back to the drawing board and do something to honor pregnant women, not exploit them.

MOO's

10. STANDREID

STANDREID A slacker when slacker wasn't cool

I imagine most of the future grandmothers are still in their 30s. Not that there's anything wrong with that. lol

11. TrackerSam

TrackerSam New Member

I don't think so. :sumo:

12. peeples

peeples New Member

It's gross and that's all I'm going to say

13. badhorsie

badhorsie Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...

Whatever happened to privacy and dignity? Private photos can be lovely, I have some but marching around half naked ?

14. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

I meant the dudes attending that spectacle of a show or whatever it was. Not our WS dudes!

15. Nova

Nova New Member

I'm really surprised at the responses to this thread, most of which seem to come from women.

Personally, I think anything that helps us get past our cultural notions that pregnancy is disgusting, indecent or otherwise objectionable is a good thing. Maybe a bikini beauty contest isn't the best way to go about it, but I'm for anything that celebrates the pregnant figure rather than shaming it.

(That being said, I think we desperately need to address overpopulation. But treating pregnant woman as untouchables is not the way to do it.)

16. Tuffy

Tuffy Not really that tough...

Agreed Nova. I don't care for beauty contests in general, but thought it was nice to see the pregnant form celebrated. It's not an icky thing to be covered by giant, tent-like tops and dresses.

I think it great that women don't hide their bellies like the old days. I see pregnant women wearing form fitting tops and dresses, and it doesn't bother me. Why should it be gross to wear a bikini?