More Than 1,000 Dead Birds Fall From Arkansas Sky

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Tinsamd, Jan 2, 2011.

?

"What do you think is causing the wildlife die-offs?"

1. Magnetic pole shift

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. HAARP

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. BP oil spill

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  4. Apocalypse

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  5. Extreme cold weather

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Disease

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. Fireworks

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  8. Power lines

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Semi trucks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Steely's fluffy brown emu

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  11. Unknown phenomenon

13 vote(s)
    21.3%
  12. Gulf Oil Spill

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  13. goverment cover up

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  14. Chemical pollution release

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  15. It's that Mayan thing, you know it is

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Tinsamd

Tinsamd Justice for Shaniya!!!!

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm!?!

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/01/02/dead-birds-fall-ark-sky/

2. Loading...

3. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Active Member

Something weird is brewing in Arkansas. They've also had almost 500 earthquakes in the past few months; compared to 39 in 2009.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-12-13/...quake-swarm-new-madrid-arkansas-town?_s=PM:US

There is a fault in Missouri (right near the Arkansas border) that caused the 1812 New Madrid Earthquake. It was felt over 1000 miles away:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/states/events/1811-1812.php

They also have Hot Springs National Park and a hot spring is defined as, "a thermal spring having water warmer than 98°F (37°C): the water is usually heated by emanation from or passage near hot or molten rock."

Crater of Diamond State Park is situated over an eroded lamproite volcanic pipe.

I've marked all of the places I've mentioned on a map:

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=New+Madrid,+MO&amp;daddr=guy,+arkansas+to:hot+springs,+ar+to:34%C2%B002%E2%80%B200%E2%80%B3N+93%C2%B040%E2%80%B221%E2%80%B3W+to:beebe,+ar&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=FdFDLgId0emp-in_ripVivd4iDEstCcyDXzblg%3BFa8FGwIdDxd_-ilxMFSB_XrShzHIuKjlC1_ikQ%3BFRR8DgIdNBd0-ilHUDKIkyrNhzENHgJE-b6oug%3BFbVOBwIdzKtq-g%3BFbIiFwIdXgeG-inpP1avVfLShzEFwc2pPmT4Kg&amp;mra=ls&amp;sll=34.930979,-91.61499&amp;sspn=2.197653,4.938354&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=35.308735,-91.60912&amp;spn=2.55495,4.16252&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=embed&amp;saddr=New+Madrid,+MO&amp;daddr=guy,+arkansas+to:hot+springs,+ar+to:34%C2%B002%E2%80%B200%E2%80%B3N+93%C2%B040%E2%80%B221%E2%80%B3W+to:beebe,+ar&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=FdFDLgId0emp-in_ripVivd4iDEstCcyDXzblg%3BFa8FGwIdDxd_-ilxMFSB_XrShzHIuKjlC1_ikQ%3BFRR8DgIdNBd0-ilHUDKIkyrNhzENHgJE-b6oug%3BFbVOBwIdzKtq-g%3BFbIiFwIdXgeG-inpP1avVfLShzEFwc2pPmT4Kg&amp;mra=ls&amp;sll=34.930979,-91.61499&amp;sspn=2.197653,4.938354&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=35.308735,-91.60912&amp;spn=2.55495,4.16252" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

(I'm not sure if the dead birds are connected to everything else. They are represented by the letter "E" in the map and if you take out E, you can see that the remaining letters form a line)

4. Pandora

Pandora New Member

I think we should all prepare for a "flashforward." :)
    If the show were still on, I would suspect some type of publicity stunt.

5. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

I think the natural world has been suffering a lot of disasterous calamities of late, I think there are more to come.

Mother nature is PO'd and I don't think its done. MOO

That would freak me out if 1000s of birds just started dropping out of the sky dead.

6. Truthwillsetufree

Truthwillsetufree New Member

Yes, would definately freak me out, I wouldn't mind so much the fifty or so that perch in my tree that somehow are able to poop all over my car. I know it sounds cruel but those darn birds. I have tried everything, fake owls that their little fake heads spin, threw a couple of rubber snakes on the roof to scare the birds and you know what those birds did? They pooped on the owls heads!

7. orb4me

orb4me Former Member

this is really interesting, now I want to dig into this.

pooped on the owl? I had a 94 Firebird. green...no matter where I parked it, the birds would find it. It actually entered my mind on day to cut the electric wires that crossed over our driveway. I was getting insane.

8. Alcina

Alcina Member

Yeah, it would really freak me out too!!

9. john's mom

john's mom New Member

Ha Ha, owls and snakes and poop oh my!!

We have a big tree in front of the house. I try to park 'away' from it, but the darn birds get me good. I do think it's odd that this many birds died at the same time, and I don't think it's stress. The evening NY news said that they think the birds were stressed due to the weather.

Maybe there's a leak of some kind, the respiratory system on a bird is tiny.

10. amandab

amandab Well-Known Member

Respectfully snipped. I think you're on to something here, and in my opinion it's worth more than the ho-hum response it's gotten from the MSM.

11. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Arkansas game officials probe mystery of falling birds

the rest, with video, at
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/02/arkansas.falling.birds/index.html?hpt=T1

12. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

There have been plenty of bird falls like this over the years. It kind of reminds me of the quail falling in the Old Testament.

13. tfrohning

tfrohning Rest in Peace

I freak out just reading :confused:plus I half way thru Stephen King book "Under The Dome"

14. tfrohning

tfrohning Rest in Peace

15. Julessleuther

Julessleuther New Member

16. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

Do those type black birds usually fly in large flocks? If they're the same birds as here in Texas it's hard to think of 1,000's of them getting so stressed that they die in the air and fall. Usually they will come right up near people and hang around dogs, people, and parking lots.

17. Inspector Gidget

Inspector Gidget Active Member

I guess they were saying the fish are stressed too.I don't believe it, not one bit.If I lived there I would asking a lot of questions.If they don't know they need to find out.JMO

18. legalmania

legalmania Verified Paralegal

19. IWannaKnow

IWannaKnow New Member

Yes, well this link claims the birds died of multiple blunt trauma to their vital organs :waitasec: and they are not related to all the fish that died some distance away.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelo...kills-in-arkansas-leave-many-scratching-heads

Only one species of bird and one species of fish. Well, if it were hail that did the birds in, where are the other species? No other species of bird was out at that time, only the blackbirds?? I'm having difficulty with that idea....same with the fish. This logic doesn't work for me. Notice they don't say WHAT killed them, only they are not linked. Go back to sleep people, nothing to see here....And shouldn't what I bolded be cause for alarm???

20. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

Bizarro. I find this odd timing in conjunction with the birds and all

21. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

Yeah, not related at all. "nothing to see here folks, move it along"

Yeah cause only the redwinged blackbirds were out and about New Years eve. None of the other species were invited donchaknow.

And the drum fish were so upset about not being invited to the New Years celebration complete with fireworks that they all went and killed themselves the day before in the largest case of mass drumfish suicide in recorded history.

Do they really think we are that stupid or uninterested that this sort of nevermind, nothing happened thing is gonna fly?