Morocco - Rayan, 5, died after being trapped down 100ft well, 1 Feb 2022

It probably doesn't matter, but I'm not sure that's him in the photo - his face looks quite different. I think we only have one image of Rayan before he fell, and he's in a navy Nike sweater.

The photo with the goat seems to have been published only by express.co.uk, and they're not known for their journalistic rigour.
I think you are right. The original photo is in color. I did a reverse image search with it, only shows up on the twitter. I also looked at "boy with goat" photos, many, stock pictures etc. and can't find it, so can't find the origin.

I don't know, but comparing, the mouth looks different, and cheeks. Child in questionable photo also seems a tad older...maybe 6. I would also think the photo would have been included in articles because there was so much publicity with this tragedy. Only the Nike sweater one was shown.
The wording is nice though, but should be on the lovely genuine photo.

This is such a sad outcome. My heart goes out to his parents, and all who worked so hard in the rescue attempt.

I am truly heartbroken

From a medical perspective, seeing his condition on Friday, I couldn’t see this tiny child surviving more than a few hours unless reached quickly, however, like all of us, I hoped & prayed for a miracle, ( as witnessed in the Thai cave rescue)

I suppose this sort of ‘end’ has been happening for millennia but now we witness it unfolding in real-time & share the painful wait with the family.

I have been incredibly moved by the chanting of prayers by the crowd, throughout & pictures of the women attempting to feed everyone.

Everyone doing all they could, in the circumstances.

Last edited:
Rayam's father, Khaled Aourram, strikes me as being a very good man. I've noticed throughout this, that most often he had his arm around his wife Wassima. Under these anguished and very sad circumstances he has shown nothing but dignity and grace.

May they both eventually come to be at peace with the loss of their son. I think the enormous support they have from all, even from the King of Morocco, will hopefully help them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back