Morocco - Rayan, 5, died after being trapped down 100ft well, 1 Feb 2022

Oh no :(

I thought what you guys were reporting from the live feeds sounded like a successful rescue. Poor little Rayan and his poor parents and family. The little guy must have fought so hard to try and fight through whatever injuries he got from the fall :(

He knew they were coming for him and that his mum and dad were there waiting for him...I hope that gave him comfort.

It seemed possible he would be ok right until the end.

A lot of us were following Amir, who very excitably brought us hopeful news of Rayan being driven away in an ambulance. Soon after, Amir’s demeanour completely changed when he was listening to a very upset sounding woman talking in the background. He didn’t say as much, but it was clear the news wasn’t great :(

It seemed possible he would be ok right until the end.

A lot of us were following Amir, who very excitably brought us hopeful news of Rayan being driven away in an ambulance. Soon after, Amir’s demeanour completely changed when he was listening to a very upset sounding woman talking in the background. He didn’t say as much, but it was clear the news wasn’t great :(

oh no just devastating
his poor mama and daddy

I'm crying here
It seems to be confirmed.

So heartbreaking, for little Rayan, his loving parents, loved ones, friends, all the rescuers who moved a mountain, the community, the world...
It is heartbreaking. But I also find some comfort that this little guy, unlike so many of the children we learn about on here, was well loved and cared for.

I had to take a walk. Now I watch the sparkles gleam in the ocean in front of me, thinking of Rayan, and the effect this little boy has had on the world.

In retrospect, I also remember my misgivings that he would survive. I pushed those feelings aside though.
Rayan was stuck in a 9 inch space for 96 hours. Oxygen, water and food was lowered. But...what about his blood circulation trapped and squeezed in one position, his breathing, any injuries external and internal, the effects of severe stress and fright, dehydration (did he actually drink after the first day or two?, and even so, likely not enough), hypothermia. I didn't want to think of those things. There was too much hope.

Rest in peace little guy. May your parents find solace in their religion, that you are in paradise, whole and healthy, that it was Allah's will.
Your soul touched and unified so many, you will never be forgotten.

I had to take a walk. Now I watch the sparkles gleam in the ocean in front of me, thinking of Rayan, and the effect this little boy has had on the world.

In retrospect, I also remember my misgivings that he would survive. I pushed those feelings aside though.
Rayan was stuck in a 9 inch space for 96 hours. Oxygen, water and food was lowered. But...what about his blood circulation trapped and squeezed in one position, his breathing, any injuries external and internal, the effects of severe stress and fright, dehydration (did he actually drink after the first day or two?, and even so, likely not enough), hypothermia. I didn't want to think of those things. There was too much hope.

Rest in peace little guy. May your parents find solace in their religion, that you are in paradise, whole and healthy, that it was Allah's will.
Your soul touched and unified so many, you will never be forgotten.

I just wrote a post reflecting the same thoughts, I deleted it before posting because I didn't think I expressed myself very well.
Lo and behold, the first post I saw when I came back to the thread was yours! I agree with you. God is merciful and Rayan suffers no more! Thank you for expressing it so well.

I just wrote a post reflecting the same thoughts, I deleted it before posting because I didn't think I expressed myself very well.
Lo and behold, the first post I saw when I came back to the thread was yours! I agree with you. God is merciful and Rayan suffers no more! Thank you for expressing it so well.
You're welcome. I think many of us were thinking the same, but didn't want to let go of the hope.

:( Rest peacefully, Rayan. My thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones.
Morocco's king says boy, 5, trapped in deep well has died
SBM

A 5-year-old boy who was trapped for four days in a deep well in Morocco has died, the royal palace said Saturday. Moroccan King Mohammed VI expressed his condolences to the boy’s parents in a statement released by the palace.

Absolutely heartbreaking.
I was watching the live feed this afternoon and had hope that he would survive. Now I just have images in my mind of that poor little boy trapped for 4 days slowly dying in the dark all alone scared and in pain. It hurts to even imagine how much he suffered, I’d say I hope it was quick but we know it wasn’t. How utterly awful for his parents too :(

Sigh....The Daily Mail has many pictures. How on earth they procured the photos I have no idea.
Little Rayan was lain on the stretcher under a gleaming gold blanket.
Precious child......

I think the gold blanket is a blanket designed to retain the heat of the human body - it's for hypothermia. I've seen similar silver blankets. I was afraid Rayan would succumb to hypothermia. I was hoping for his survival, but it didn't happen. May he rest in peace.

I think the gold blanket is a blanket designed to retain the heat of the human body - it's for hypothermia. I've seen similar silver blankets. I was afraid Rayan would succumb to hypothermia. I was hoping for his survival, but it didn't happen. May he rest in peace.
Yes, I thought of that after. You are most likely right. I had only seen the silver ones before.
Seemed fitting though, Rayan brought so much light into people's hearts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back