Identified! NY - Adult Female Wearing Carolina Boots - Adidas Jogging Pants - Pink Top and Heart Ring in Morris - Aug'22 - Laura Rous

NYanon

Reaction score

Female ("woman")
Between 4'9" and 4'11"

Wearing:
Adidas jogging pants
pink tank top
lightweight black jacket, pink zipper
Carolina brand boots

Found nearby:
silver adjustable heart ring
gold chain necklace

Police asked for public help Thursday, 11 August 2022, according to linked article.

this is my mother’s area. how strange, there’s nothing really in that town whatsoever and it’s very small and quiet. she is friends with all the local homeless folks so i will ask if there’s anyone she hasn’t seen recently. wow, surprising.

The body was found in a remote area in the town of Morris after two people using metal detectors off of a seasonal road smelled a strong odor and called authorities.

The Otsego County district attorney told NEWSChannel 2 that the remains appear to have been there for about two months. During that timeframe, there are no local reports of missing women.

While officials suspect foul play, no cause of death was released as of Thursday.

The boots are probably something like these. Carolina Boots aren’t very cheap.

The rest of her outfit suggests a deliberate pulled together look (to me).
i feel as though she is from downstate bc i don’t know anyone with a put together look in that area: it’s mostly farmers and extremely rural. no offense but fashion isn’t anyones priority in Morris. could be a missing person from downstate who was tossed in the boonies, in my shallow opinion.

The body was found in a remote area in the town of Morris after two people using metal detectors off of a seasonal road smelled a strong odor and called authorities.

The Otsego County district attorney told NEWSChannel 2 that the remains appear to have been there for about two months. During that timeframe, there are no local reports of missing women.

While officials suspect foul play, no cause of death was released as of Thursday.

Thank you for that information.
The timeframe should help.

The link kept returning an error page with a pre-recorded newscast and the message:
"Unsupported Media
Sorry, the page you requested could not be found."

I really don't like to suggest such recent MPs in UID cases -- of course, we hope all the missing persons are found safe; it might seem some measure more palpable of a hope when they are more recently missing, if I may say. That being said (and I hope that this MP is still safe and sound somewhere), I did notice a similarity in the gold chain worn in the picture.

Google said both Brocton & Chelsea MA are around 4+1/2 hours drive from Morris NY.

New information: "A disturbing discovery was made on Aug. 2..." (No date of discovery had been made clear before).

Possibly calling into question previous information:
"...it’s not clear how long the body was there..."

Should we understand the repeated phrasing of the UID as "woman" (across sources) to mean definitely an adult, or simply as female and not a very young child -- thoughts?

New information: "A disturbing discovery was made on Aug. 2..." (No date of discovery had been made clear before).

Possibly calling into question previous information:
"...it’s not clear how long the body was there..."

Should we understand the repeated phrasing of the UID as "woman" (across sources) to mean definitely an adult, or simply as female and not a very young child -- thoughts?
The State Police tweet explicitly says “Adult female” so I would go with that.

The rest of her outfit suggests a deliberate pulled together look (to me).

Those aren't hiking boots, they are steel-toed construction boots made for women. I can't imagine they could work double duty as a hiking boot. If she did work construction her petite size would probably make her an unlikely candidate for building construction but she could have worked as one of those women who usually hold the STOP and SLOW signs during road construction.

ETA: there was a lot of construction on I-88 that was supposed to start between Worcester and Scoharie during 2021 and 2022. I don't know if Covid pushed those dates back. The construction was in the general vicinity of where the remains were found. Less than 20 miles.

Last edited:
The State Police tweet explicitly says “Adult female” so I would go with that.
You're right, it does. So does the press release.
Must have lost track of that in all the repetitious articles that didn't specify. Thank you for pointing this out.

Those aren't hiking boots, they are steel-toed construction boots made for women. I can't imagine they could work double duty as a hiking boot.
(Both above sbm).

Re: the boots.

Based on an estimate of 9 inches boot length (per ruler in pic) and general sizing guidelines, shoe size could be around a five or six in women's, imo. According to a filtered search of Carolina brand boots, matching styles might include:

Women's Elm

Women's Insulated Elm

Women's Parthenon Composite Toe

Women's Raleigh Composite Toe

(Eta: I've gone hiking in wellies, and have seen others in sandals. Sometimes we wear what we have. Sometimes we haven't planned. Not ruling out either, in my own tiny opinion. Safety toes can also be mandatory in factory work, for example).

IMO, It can’t be either of the 2 bottom pics (hiking) because in the pic the police released, you can see there’s 4 hooks, not 2.

Here's some teenagers missing from New York State in the last couple of months.

This last girl is missing from PA but it's possible her hair is dyed pink.

I just heard on the news recently that many Amazon workplaces are requiring the workers to wear safety shoes. If Carolina is available through Zappos (where Amazon gives its workers a $$ allotment to purchase them) then it is possible it could point to employment at Amazon. There are lots of Amazon warehouses and hubs spread through the country.

I just heard on the news recently that many Amazon workplaces are requiring the workers to wear safety shoes. If Carolina is available through Zappos (where Amazon gives its workers a $$ allotment to purchase them) then it is possible it could point to employment at Amazon. There are lots of Amazon warehouses and hubs spread through the country.

(In my opinion, fashion, fit, comfort, receiving something as a gift, etc., are all valid reasons to wear an item -- you don't have to jog to wear jogging pants, hike to wear hikers, or work factory to wear steel toes, e.g.).

The employment angle does seem interesting. According to this link, Amazon partners with Zappos in the Zappos At Work (ZAW) program, where employees receive a subsidy toward approved safety footwear. Carolina boots are available, but it is unclear which (if any) are approved, or whether that might depend on the employee's position (&/or other factors).

Didn't find a link to actual Amazon policy requiring safety footwear, but there is conversation online about whether or not safety toes are mandatory, and whether or not that is checked, enforced, etc..

If the policy isn't mandatory / checked / enforced strictly, imo, boots that aren't technically approved but are close might be something someone would wear, especially if price or comfort/fit were an issue. It might also be a personal choice even if not required.

IMO, It can’t be either of the 2 bottom pics (hiking) because in the pic the police released, you can see there’s 4 hooks, not 2.
Imo, you're correct. It looks to me like three hooks and a top grommet, which would match the Elm and Insulated Elm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back