Mother leaves kid in car, takes dog shopping

That valet may have been a raging pedophile and she could have made his day. Jeez talk about jackpot for a child predator, this dummy. They are probably looking for this woman now. "i'll watch your baby ma'am, take your time, i have all day, I don't have much of a life b/c I am a registerd sex offender."

julianne said:
Nope, it's not hot. It's ranges btwn 68-80 degrees during the day. The weather isn't really a factor (although if it WAS summer, it would've been, because that baby wouldn't have lasted an hour in the car during summertime).

For all she knew, this valet parker could've been a child molester, sexual predator or even a serial killer. Any Joe Blow off the street can get a job parking cars....it's not like there's some big background check being done. She literally handed her child over to a virtual stranger, and ANYTHING could've happened.

What's worse is that there are people commenting online on azcentral.com and directing negative comments to the valet parker!!! There's a lot of people saying things like the valet should've never called the police, that she has right to do what she wants...blah blah blah

That's what bothers me. She didn't know anything about this valet, yet she was leaving her child for him to watch. Nancy Grace had this on her show last night and Mickey Sherman thinks it's no big deal...thousands of children are left in cars every day and are not hurt. Paraphrased of course.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0612/14/ng.01.html

Scroll past the Mt. Hood climbers coverage to get to this part.

People do leave their kids in the car daily. I have before, like to run in and pay for gas, to drop off a bill really quick. but not to go christmas shopping and then to take my dog with me.

2sisters said:
People do leave their kids in the car daily. I have before, like to run in and pay for gas, to drop off a bill really quick. but not to go christmas shopping and then to take my dog with me.

Exactly.

2sisters said:
Is it hot right now in AZ where this happened?
The news report I saw showed this happened in Scottsdale, Kansas. Were they wrong?

Locally, we had someone who got out of their car to return a movie to the outside drop slot of BlockBusters. Someone saw and called Community Services - they were investigated and got in big trouble.

I also agree with Jade - poor valet guy - he called his mommy! Good for him!

Thanks buddy!

Lakergirl123 said:
Locally, we had someone who got out of their car to return a movie to the outside drop slot of BlockBusters. Someone saw and called Community Services - they were investigated and got in big trouble.

I also agree with Jade - poor valet guy - he called his mommy! Good for him!

Thanks buddy!
OMG, now thats absurd. Who takes their kid out of the car to put a mivie in the drop slot at the video store.

Here's her staff profile at the Montessori school where she works or, uhm, used to work. (?) This is from a cached page. She's not listed on the current page though:rolleyes: :

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:TjblHg484XsJ:www.azmontessori.org/faculty.html+%22gardenia+johansson%22&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=7

Gardenia Johansson, Primary/Pre Primary Educator
Ms. Johansson is a Primary Educator at Montessori at Anthem. Ms. Johansson received her Montessori training in Sweden when she was living there. She has been involved in Montessori education for ten years. Ms. Johansson has a young son, who occupys her time when she is not at school. Ms. Johannson loves the calm spirit that is characteristic of a Montessori learning environment. She believes in helping the children in her room develop a love of learning that they will carry throughout their lives.

BTW, that's the way "occupys" was spelled on that site.:waitasec:

Quote from:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16206960/

Zakrzewski Johansson taught toddlers at Montessori at Anthem for about four months last year, according to Debra Slagle, superintendent of Westwind Preparatory Academy, which oversees the school.
Prior to that, Zakrzewski Johansson taught toddlers for less than a year at North Phoenix Montessori School in Cave Creek but had to be "let go," said Cindy Lane, the school's director.

Lane declined to give specifics about why Zakrzewski Johansson was no longer working at the school.

"The whole situation is very unfortunate," said Lane, who was familiar with Monday's incident. "I think her behavior speaks for itself."

:rolleyes:

fundiva said:
The news report I saw showed this happened in Scottsdale, Kansas. Were they wrong?

They must have been because the Scottsdale Fashion Square is near Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport according to the map with directions on their site:

http://www.fashionsquare.com/directions.asp

and the phone number for Scottsdale Fashion Square has a 480 area code which is Scottsdale Arizona.

Yes this was in Scottsdale AZ at the very popular Fashion Square mall.

I am in AZ and this has gotten alot of media attention because you rarely hear of a wealthy woman being so stupid to do this. I believe she is married into a little bit of money being she was driving a BMW.

Some people feel this woman did not break the law, but CPS is now investigating her.

This is neglect and makes me wonder who else she has left this baby with in the past?

Remember the 2 little boys that are missing in Red Lake MN? That is what happens when you have neglectful parents who do not watch their kids.

2sisters said:
OMG, now thats absurd. Who takes their kid out of the car to put a mivie in the drop slot at the video store.
That is the ONLY time my daughter stays in the car, because it's 2 seconds tops, I'm not inside, and she's in my sight at all times. Otherwise it is Neglect to leave a child in a car unattended- NOT "no big deal", kids can die of heat or be kidnapped left in cars!!!:doh:

If I have to pay for gas or drop a bill, you'd better believe my daughter's coming in with me!!!

LinasK said:
That is the ONLY time my daughter stays in the car, because it's 2 seconds tops, I'm not inside, and she's in my sight at all times. Otherwise it is Neglect to leave a child in a car unattended- NOT "no big deal", kids can die of heat or be kidnapped left in cars!!!:doh:

If I have to pay for gas or drop a bill, you'd better believe my daughter's coming in with me!!!
don't get me wrong, if it is hot then no they won't stay in the car. But if i am just leaving a movie in the slot, no big deal as long as i can park right in front of it. A quick in and out with the cars locked though, like leaving abill in a drop slot or whatever is ok or to pay for gas but not going into walmart for groceries.
There was a time though when our moms used to leave us in the cars with the windows down and not worry. Times have changed though.

Reports are coming out now that this mom has done this before. Some people that work in a jewelry store are saying she was in last week and asked them to watch her son while she ran into Starbucks.

So the pattern of behavior is disturbing. Something tells me the woman just does not want this child anymore and looking to pawn him off on anyone.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back