Mother of the Groom sends out memorable wedding invite of her son to a cheap tramp

gregjrichards

Reaction score
F38B7A0A-3159-46E4-821E-7C5905D15F12.jpeg

A bit of tension between the bride and the mother of the groom is a common theme of all too many wedding days.

For the bride, marrying into a new family and potentially meeting a whole host of relatives for the first time can make the big day a rather nervous occasion.

It didn't stop one mother of the groom really ramping up the awkwardness by calling her future daughter-in-law a "tramp" when inviting guests to the ceremony.

The invite reads: "You are regretfully invited to the wedding between my perfect son, The Doctor, and some Cheap Two-Bit Tramp, whose name escapes me right now.

It goes on to proclaim that "the overwhelmingly disappointing heartbreak of a ceremony will be followed by dinner, where nuts will be served because whatsherface has an allergy."

Groom's mum sends out unbelievable wedding invite labelling the bride a 'tramp'

View attachment 204450

A bit of tension between the bride and the mother of the groom is a common theme of all too many wedding days.

For the bride, marrying into a new family and potentially meeting a whole host of relatives for the first time can make the big day a rather nervous occasion.

It didn't stop one mother of the groom really ramping up the awkwardness by calling her future daughter-in-law a "tramp" when inviting guests to the ceremony.

The invite reads: "You are regretfully invited to the wedding between my perfect son, The Doctor, and some Cheap Two-Bit Tramp, whose name escapes me right now.

It goes on to proclaim that "the overwhelmingly disappointing heartbreak of a ceremony will be followed by dinner, where nuts will be served because whatsherface has an allergy."

Thanks, @gregjrichards, for the hearty laff and amazing little piece of humanness!
I would love to be there when relatives of the bride-to-be read that one!
Great way to start a life together vis-à-vis the happy couple! I hope the perfect son will continue to be so!

If it is meant to be humorous, it is not. But it could be a satire type thing where mommy thinks the son is perfect and no woman ever good enough.

I don't think it's particularly funny, either. But, since there's no mention of a location which is an important aspect of a wedding invitation, I didn't really take it seriously. Calling any woman a "tramp" is despicable. Nothing humorous about that :mad:

View attachment 204450

Holy smokes! If it's not a joke she should reconsider. That woman sounds crazy. I wouldn't want to marry into that.

Thanks, @gregjrichards, for the hearty laff and amazing little piece of humanness!
I would love to be there when relatives of the bride-to-be read that one!
Great way to start a life together vis-à-vis the happy couple! I hope the perfect son will continue to be so!

Oh! Phew! It's a joke. (I do think it's super funny!) I hadn't looked at the attachment before posting and it does seem to clearly be a joke!

I just wouldn't. Seems dangerous!!

No doubt. My mom didn’t approve of any of the spouses her 5 children married. She sure showed it too. The sad thing is...we could have all gotten along so much better if she had not been so judgmental.

My hubs always used to say - “you attract more bees with honey”. Ain’t that the truth??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back