Motion to Take Deposition to Perpetuate Testimony of Jill Kerley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone remind me is JK the ex that was, uhm, uh, how to say politely, well, BIG and mean looking? If so she must have really gone downhill since that depo...hmmm

Perhaps Ms. K has thought on it and does not wish to commit perjury in open court and told Baez it is this way or no way? Ya think?

I would never speak ill of someone who is battling a life-threatening disease but I just think it's an weird case of the pot calling the kettle black. The article below mentions her arrest for issuing worthless checks last July of 2009.

http://www.thedailytimes.com/article/20090725/NEWS01/907249993/-1/PUB

So I would say that in her mind she may feel she has nothing to lose. Sort of makes you wonder about her statement. Sounds like she has a score to settle. Didn't I read in another thread that this is not the first time she has done this and basically it affects her credibility.

To be honest, I will not be surprised in the least that if Baez even eventually makes the attempt to depose her, she is going to back off these statements she made originally (not under oath, correct? just a PI and a camera?)...

I suspect she is not going to want to jeopardize the state, (and eventually the media) making her look a lot worse than she is trying to make Kronk sound!!

In fact, since that video of her was not sworn testimony, can her statements even be used against her to discredit her now? For example, if she backs away from pointing the finger at Kronk now, can Baez even state, "Isn't it a fact that you stated..."

So I would say that in her mind she may feel she has nothing to lose. Sort of makes you wonder about her statement. Sounds like she has a score to settle. Didn't I read in another thread that this is not the first time she has done this and basically it affects her credibility.

I also wonder if she didn't originally agree to make those statements in hopes of receiving a financial windfall (like so many others :furious:) at the time (especially in lieu of her current legal troubles involving bad checks)...

but just didn't think it through well enough to realize her actions were also shedding light on HER personal life????

I also wonder if she didn't originally agree to make those statements in hopes of receiving a financial windfall (like so many others :furious:) at the time (especially in lieu of her current legal troubles involving bad checks)...

but just didn't think it through well enough to realize her actions were also shedding light on HER personal life????

Did she ever get any action from any of the "scandal" mags? The ones I only read while waiting in line for the cashier?:blushing:

Looks like the Judge took it seriously and said yeah go ahead and depose her. Her deposition may be the link to other depositions, like sparks. The SA is best to investigate now or fear not knowing the answers when asking questions. Moo

To us, this defense ploy seems shoddy, but they have to play what very few cards they have. For them, a deposition seems at lot safer than live cross-examination. Trying to get some passing link to duct tape seems to be the best that they can hope for. It's not much and without some contemporary police record, it seems suspect, but defense lawyers always hope that it will start a groundswell of speculation in the jury-room.

Well, I have to say that unless JB and Co. have some real good reason, some true and actual suspicion, something that actually points to RK and not just the word of an ex-wife who wasn't worried enough to call the police, then this stunt is about the lowest thing I have ever heard of. If they are willingly going to implicate someone in the murder of a child without any evidence what-so-ever just to cast doubt for their client, then I have absolutely no respect for them! Just because JK says he should be considered a suspect, we are just to run this man into the ground, no evidence needed? GMAB! How about if I go down to FL and tell the judge how I feel that KC is the only one guilty with all of the discovery I have seen. Will they let me testify? This just stinks to high heaven!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Looks like the Judge took it seriously and said yeah go ahead and depose her. Her deposition may be the link to other depositions, like sparks. The SA is best to investigate now or fear not knowing the answers when asking questions. Moo

Don't know whether this was so much taking it seriously as much as nipping it in the bud to conclude it and move on. JS is trying his best to remove all obstacles so that they can one day, soon, get to the trial. He just wants to clear this matter up [distraction].

The Judge said depose her......he has not ruled on whether or not that testimony will be allowed in. So........in terms of cart before the horse.......to assume anything will ever come of it may in fact be premature. There is a reason that the "interviews" were released to the public.....think about it. As close to the vest that the defense has held all their cards, do we really think they would allow this "bombshell testimony" to be outed without a records request? IMO....they know it never will be allowed.....so they publicize it....talk about it.....ask the court to allow further exploration.......for a purpose that is NOT directly related to the trial. IMO...it's kind of a tit for tat......you make our client look bad in the press....we'll offer reasonable doubt in the press. Have we seen ANYTHING else from the defense????? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm no. THis is worthless info being "disseminated" as SPIN.

The Judge said depose her......he has not ruled on whether or not that testimony will be allowed in. So........in terms of cart before the horse.......to assume anything will ever come of it may in fact be premature. There is a reason that the "interviews" were released to the public.....think about it. As close to the vest that the defense has held all their cards, do we really think they would allow this "bombshell testimony" to be outed without a records request? IMO....they know it never will be allowed.....so they publicize it....talk about it.....ask the court to allow further exploration.......for a purpose that is NOT directly related to the trial. IMO...it's kind of a tit for tat......you make our client look bad in the press....we'll offer reasonable doubt in the press. Have we seen ANYTHING else from the defense????? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm no. THis is worthless info being "disseminated" as SPIN.

Exactly!!!!!!!

If this was worth any merit at all to the Defense they would NOT be putting it into the public domain prematurely as they have done. They would have dotted those i's, crossed the t's and, got the depos under their belt if there was anything that would seriously help. This is spin for public consumption to poison the jury pool -- plain and simple. They know it will not stand scrutiny.

I agree with the Judge to just get this matter cleared up, but I think that deposing Jk under oath is going to open a whole new can of worms. They were only married 4 months and that speaks for itself. There may be police records of domestic disputes. This is the first link in the daisy chain of depositions to follow imo. Lets depose Jk, Lets depose both Sparks, lets depose the ex girlfriends daughter, lets depose the ex girlfriend that was allegedly kidnapped, lets depose his current girlfriend, then lets bring Rk back to do the other half of his deposition. As always Moo

I agree with the Judge to just get this matter cleared up, but I think that deposing Jk under oath is going to open a whole new can of worms. They were only married 4 months and that speaks for itself. There may be police records of domestic disputes. This is the first link in the daisy chain of depositions to follow imo. Lets depose Jk, Lets depose both Sparks, lets depose the ex girlfriends daughter, lets depose the ex girlfriend that was allegedly kidnapped, lets depose his current girlfriend, then lets bring Rk back to do the other half of his deposition. As always Moo

That is a great idea! Perhaps someone with some pull could encourage JB to actually conduct and complete a few depositions in this case. He seems to be having a hard time doing so thus far.

That is a great idea! Perhaps someone with some pull could encourage JB to actually conduct and complete a few depositions in this case. He seems to be having a hard time doing so thus far.

I believe they have to do it in a certain order to get the most effect out of it. I do not believe that they will depose the investigators until close to trial. Its best to wait until all discovery is released and Ja said today that the Fbi has only released about 90 percent. So, yes it is very smart to wait until they have all discovery, to finish any depositions that they need to do. So it is my opinion that it is the Fbi and the Body farm holding things up at this point. moo

I believe they have to do it in a certain order to get the most effect out of it. I do not believe that they will depose the investigators until close to trial. Its best to wait until all discovery is released and Ja said today that the Fbi has only released about 90 percent. So, yes it is very smart to wait until they have all discovery, to finish any depositions that they need to do. So it is my opinion that it is the Fbi and the Body farm holding things up at this point. moo

A certain order????? I am not sure I understand....I wasn't talking about deposing investigators.......I was referring to depositions from any other applicable parties. If the defense is SODDI....then there are others that could be deposed as well. And FWIW....if the defense doesn't ASK for info and get turned down or denied.....then there isn't anything to support theory that the FBI is holding things up. The only "holding up" is being done by the party or parties who are waiting around for their own personal doc dump on someone elses dime.

A certain order????? I am not sure I understand....I wasn't talking about deposing investigators.......I was referring to depositions from any other applicable parties. If the defense is SODDI....then there are others that could be deposed as well. And FWIW....if the defense doesn't ASK for info and get turned down or denied.....then there isn't anything to support theory that the FBI is holding things up. The only "holding up" is being done by the party or parties who are waiting around for their own personal doc dump on someone elses dime.

I guess what I meant by a certain order is. Wouldn't it make sense to depose all of Rk's ex wives and girlfriends before finishing his deposition? I mean then they may already know the answers before they ask then. Smart move it would be in my opinion.

I think what supports the theory that the Fbi is holding things up is Ja's statement that he thinks there some info still out there. I think they have probably already asked the Fbi for the info and was turned down. I believe the Judge was reaching out to Jb and saying lets get their counsel in here and lets get this discovery thing going. Moo

I guess what I meant by a certain order is. Wouldn't it make sense to depose all of Rk's ex wives and girlfriends before finishing his deposition? I mean then they may already know the answers before they ask then. Smart move it would be in my opinion.

I think what supports the theory that the Fbi is holding things up is Ja's statement that he thinks there some info still out there. I think they have probably already asked the Fbi for the info and was turned down. I believe the Judge was reaching out to Jb and saying lets get their counsel in here and lets get this discovery thing going. Moo

Do you think it wise for them to put all their eggs in the RK basket??? In the absence of absolute proof would they not need their plan B, plan C, plan X,Y, and Z??? The defense threw RM, TL, AH, et al under the bus......would they not need to gather info from those parties in the event that their big bus failed to sufficiently render RK's reputation done and his involvement in the case criminal?

BBM

Yes! Let's! And then, let's see them place Caylee in RK's possession. And let's see them place RK in possession of KC's car. And let's see them place RK in the A home to gain possession of the Pooh blanket, pull ups, trash bags, laundry bags, and Henkle duct tape. And let's see them transform RK into a Hispanic woman named ZFG who is a "10". MOO

Do you think it wise for them to put all their eggs in the RK basket??? In the absence of absolute proof would they not need their plan B, plan C, plan X,Y, and Z??? The defense threw RM, TL, AH, et al under the bus......would they not need to gather info from those parties in the event that their big bus failed to sufficiently render RK's reputation done and his involvement in the case criminal?

I am glad you asked. I do believe it is smart to make this move. It could create reasonable doubt in the juries minds. They don't have to prove that Rk did it. They only have to raise reasonable doubt. It is Sa job to prove who did it.

I am not aware of any motions to implicate Rm, Tl, Ah or any others as a suspect with the same amount of circumstantial evidence as their client. Only Rk that I know of. Were those early in the case before they knew about Rk? Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd