Motorcyclist Chases Thief, Dies In Collision*

GetSmart

Reaction score
This is my town. A heroic act but not worth it at all. What a shame
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/may/07/hillsborough-deputies-1-dies-vehicle-motorcycle-cr/?imw=Y
TAMPA - A motorcyclist died in a traffic crash after trying to stop a thief, witnesses said.
About 1:30 p.m., a woman had just come out of a pharmacy located at West Hillsborough Avenue and Town 'N Country Boulevard when a man grabbed her prescription pills and jumped into the passenger side of a tan Honda sedan, Hillsborough County sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Carter said.
A witness jumped through the rear window of the Honda in an attempt to stop it from leaving the parking lot, Carter said. The car sideswiped another vehicle, knocking the witness down but not injuring the person.
Jason R. DeMarzian, 25, of Bradenton, saw this, got on his 2001 Suzuki motorcycle and pursued the Honda out of the parking lot and west on Hillsborough. DeMarzian hit a Ford Explorer that was exiting a driveway and died at the scene, she said.
The driver of the Explorer, Tony Agan, 29, of Tampa, was pulling out of the parking lot of the Wing House restaurant with his wife, Kelly, 25. Today is Tony Agan's birthday.
As he watched detectives from in front of the Wing House restaurant, Travis Vizzini of Bradenton said he was in disbelief.
"Someone took off with someone's prescription, he took off after them and the next thing I know, I'm being told my buddy got hit by a car," Vizzini said.
He and DeMarzian had known each other for six years and were best friends, he said. His friend had accompanied him to the clinic for a doctor's visit at the MD & More doctor's office at 7747 W. Hillsborough Ave., Vizzini said.
"He's a good dude, man," Vizzini said. "He's got a good heart."
Another witness said she felt horrible that someone trying to do a good deed died in the attempt.
"I can't believe it," Cammie Hensley said. "All he was doing was trying to help and he gets killed for it. It's an awful thing."
Carter said the theft suspect was a white male, 20 to 30 years old, 6 feet to 6-feet-2-inches tall, weighing 165 to 185 pounds, with a beard and wearing a blue dress shirt, jeans and a blue hat.
The Honda had tinted windows and no license plates and was driven by a white female described as 5-feet-5-inches tall, weighing 130 pounds with long blond hair and wearing a white shirt and shorts.

What a sad ending. It would be nice if the thief could be charged with something regarding the motorcyclist, but that probably won't happen.

What a sad ending. It would be nice if the thief could be charged with something regarding the motorcyclist, but that probably won't happen.

I've seen it done before. Here's to hoping.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back