GUILTY MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student found dead, Harmontown, 20 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

Brandon Theesfeld lays out days leading up to murder of Ole Miss student to attorneys

Quotes from article:
"Steve Farese is aware of some pretty brutal comments on social media about Theesfeld".

“Most of them don’t know what they are talking about," said Farese.

"Currently, no date has been set for a Theesfeld’s bond hearing".

“We don’t think it’s a proper time in favor of the aggrieved family to get into those things right now," said Farese. [BBM]

Prosecutors have filed a motion to hold Theesfeld without bond.

Farese said he will plead not guilty.

Any idea of what Farese is talking about here? Which "aggrieved family" is he referring to? Certainly hope he is not talking about the victim and her family!

The idea that the Theesfeld family could possibly be considered "aggrieved" to me is monstrous!

Did Farese file the paperwork to seal the records up tight or was that done by local LE?

Press can't seem to figure it all out either.

Last edited:
Brandon Theesfeld lays out days leading up to murder of Ole Miss student to attorneys

Quotes from article:
"Steve Farese is aware of some pretty brutal comments on social media about Theesfeld".

“Most of them don’t know what they are talking about," said Farese.

"Currently, no date has been set for a Theesfeld’s bond hearing".

“We don’t think it’s a proper time in favor of the aggrieved family to get into those things right now," said Farese. [BBM]

Prosecutors have filed a motion to hold Theesfeld without bond.

Farese said he will plead not guilty.

Any idea of what Farese is talking about here? Which "aggrieved family" is he referring to? Certainly hope he is not talking about the victim and her family!

The idea that the Theesfeld family could possibly be considered "aggrieved" to me is monstrous!

Did Farese file the paperwork to seal the records up tight or was that done by local LE?

Press can't seem to figure it all out either.

This interview with BT's attorney came out on the eve of Ally's funeral, and I believe he was referring to her family as the aggrieved family.

It appears the judge sealed the case as soon as it was waived to grand jury. Didn't see a motion or opposition to any motion so I think all parties are in agreement here.

MOO

‘*advertiser censored** you, I was just drunk’: Friend of murdered Ole Miss student Ally Kostial says Brandon Theesfeld mistreated her, was ‘super misogynistic’

Aug 3, 2019

A close friend of murdered University of Mississippi student Ally Kostial has shed more light on what appears to have been a troubled relationship between Kostial and her accused killer, 22-year-old Brandon Theesfeld.

“He was like the type of guy that, if you didn’t gibe with him, he’d be rude, he’d use his money to get things, he’d have six girls around the table and he’d sit back and laugh at them like a pig, he was super misogynistic.”

The friend said that Kostial was often upset about Theesfeld and the state of their relationship, and indicated that Theesfeld could be verbally abusive.

[...]

Numerous sources have claimed to CrimeOnline and other outlets that Kostial was pregnant with Theesfeld’s baby at the time of her murder, but those reports are unconfirmed.

ETA: NG podcast also at link above.

This interview with BT's attorney came out on the eve of Ally's funeral, and I believe he was referring to her family as the aggrieved family.

It appears the judge sealed the case as soon as it was waived to grand jury. Didn't see a motion or opposition to any motion so I think all parties are in agreement here.

MOO
I looked for the documents and could not find them. I have reached out to a reporter to ask the question if they were able to understand what happened. If I hear anything back or manage to find documents I will post them here.
Thanks!

RE. Case sealed:

Kendall Downing‏Verified account @kendall_downing
That means these docs are the only publicly available ones we will get from the clerk’s office. Unless the DA or defense attorneys give us docs. @WMCActionNews5

EAa7jGiXYAA2MS0.jpg

EAa7jGiXsAELWhF.jpg

11:11 AM - 26 Jul 2019 pst

Friday, July 19
  • Kostial's "Introduction to Retail" summer school course had a test on Friday. She finished the exam before 1:15 p.m., the instructor said.
  • Surveillance video showed Kostial in the Oxford Square the night (Friday, July 19) before authorities found her body about 30 miles from Oxford. Kostial was seen wearing a blue dress [shorts] and white jacket [blouse] and giving someone a hug around 11:52 p.m.
  • According to the Oxford Eagle, Kostial exited Funkys Pizza & Daiquiri Bar. Once she left, Kostial stopped at the corner for several minutes before heading to Rooster’s Blue House, a popular place on the Oxford Square at Ole Miss.
  • Kostial appeared to be waiting outside Roosters until an Uber minivan pulled up. She got in the van but it did not immediately take off. After roughly 30 seconds, the van pulled off, heading west on Jackson Avenue.

Saturday, July 20
  • L R, Kostial’s roommate, said she arrived home around midnight to her apartment at the Retreat at Oxford, the Oxford Eagle reported. A roommate also said she was not sure when Kostial left the room again.
  • Some media outlets reported other surveillance footage from early Saturday morning shows her at a convenience store near Harmontown. She was reportedly shown with a man who appears to be Theesfeld.
  • Kostial's body was found at 10:23 a.m. Saturday by a Lafayette County Sheriff's Department deputy patrolling Buford’s Ridge in Harmontown, located in the northern portion of Lafayette County and 30 minutes away from Oxford.

Sunday, July 21
  • Lafayette County Sheriff's Department confirmed in a statement the death and the identity of Kostial at 1:43 Sunday afternoon.
  • The last Twitter activity from Brandon Theesfeld was Sunday, the day after Kostial's body was discovered. All of the tweets were retweets.
  • A P, a student and close friend of Kostial, made a post on her Facebook page, saying her friend was the "most genuine and uplifting person" she ever knew

Monday, July 22
  • Deputies from the Lafayette County Sheriff's Department and Memphis Police Department arrest Theesfeld around 9:30 a.m. Monday.
  • Theesfeld’s cellphone and credit card led police to a gas station in South Memphis, where he was arrested. Surveillance photos from the gas station showed Theesfeld wearing an Ole Miss T-shirt as he entered the gas station on Monday, FOX 13 in Memphis reported.
  • Theesfeld was booked into the Lafayette County Detention Center at 3:45 p.m.
  • Lafayette County Coroner Rocky Kennedy said Monday that Kostial's body was sent to the state crime lab in Pearl for an autopsy. He declined to provide further details.

Tuesday, July 23
  • Around 8:00 Tuesday morning, Theesfeld's name, "hold" was written under the charge line in the jail docket. The word, however, was crossed out and written above it in bold letters was the word "murder," according to the Oxford Eagle.
  • The LCSD and the Mississippi Bureau of Investigations confirmed a statement at 11:08 Tuesday morning that Theesfeld was charged with the murder of Kostial.
  • Theesfeld and his attorney Swayze Alford went before a circuit court judge Andrew Howorth for an initial appearance.
  • Theesfeld was suspended from the university after his arrest.
  • A friend of Kostial tweeted that her relationship with Theesfeld was a troubled one
Wednesday, July 24
  • On social media, friends created a hashtag, #JusticeforAlly, while describing Kostial and the impact she had on the people and community around her.
  • LCSD said no bond hearing was scheduled for Theesfeld.
  • As of Wednesday afternoon, Theesfeld’s Twitter account was deactivated.
  • Daniel Theesfeld, the father of Brandon, hired attorneys Steve and Tony Farese. Attorneys said Theesfeld plans to enter a not guilty plea.
Thursday, July 25
  • A preliminary autopsy determined Kostial died from multiple gunshot wounds and ruled her death a homicide, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department.
  • Friends and family gathered in St. Louis at 8 p.m. for a vigil for Kostial. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that nearly 100 people gathered Thursday outside Lindbergh High School where they passed around a microphone to share memories of Kostial. Friend Casey Hendrickson described Kostial as "always smiling, laughing and happy."
  • Services for Kostial were planned for Friday at Concordia Kirkwood Lutheran Church in St. Louis. A public funeral service follows on Saturday at 10 a.m.
  • Rex Ravita, Ole Miss student, said Theesfeld had 'no respect for women, according to FOX News.
  • Surveillance video was released showing Kostial in the Square in Oxford on the night before her body was found.
Timeline: Details surrounding death of Ole Miss student Ally Kostial

https://www.oxfordeagle.com/2019/07/25/timeline-events-surrounding-the-death-of-ally-kostial/

What happened to Ally Kostial? Timeline of events begins to emerge

ETA: Discrepancy with clothes AK last seen wearing; edit names to initials by me for privacy.

A motion to deny bond to Brandon Theesfeld has been filed by District Attorney Ben Creekmore. Reports surfaced Thursday night that Creekmore had filed the motion to deny the 22-year-old bail, who is facing a murder charge in the death of Ally Kostial.

The motion was filed earlier in the week, ahead of Theesfeld’s initial court appearance, according to co-counsel Tony Farese.

“They did that initially with their standard request at the beginning before the agreement to not hear the bond hearing until a later date,” Farese told the EAGLE on Friday morning.

[...]

Officials at the Lafayette County Courthouse told the EAGLE on Friday morning the case file has since been sealed.

The Associated Press reported Theesfeld’s case will be heard by a grand jury.

The final grand jury meeting in Lafayette County this year will take place Aug. 27 through 30, but it is not known if this case will be presented during that period. bbm

https://www.oxfordeagle.com/2019/07/26/district-attorney-filed-motion-to-deny-theesfeld-bond/

Last public comments by Ally's father...

What Ally Kostial's father has said since his daughter's murder near Ole Miss

"Whatever the sheriff's office and coroner's department has verified, I can verify. Everything else is basically unsubstantiated at this time and it’s still under further investigation," he said, and referred further questions to a public relations professional working with the family.

The public relations person said the family is focused on privately grieving. A vigil was held Thursday night in St. Louis, Ally Kosital's hometown. A funeral service was held in Kirkwood, Missouri on Saturday morning.

Rainbows, Unicorns and Butterflies’

Photos from 2016 show Kostial and Theesfeld together in smiling poses, at parties and with arms around each other. But a close friend from Kostial’s hometown of St. Louis, Missouri, Samantha Martin, who says she visited Kostial four times in Oxford, says they were never a couple.

“They honesty just talked, like, off and on for the three years that she was there, but they never officially dated,” says Martin. “I met a lot of Ally’s friends down there. I was around him a few times but, I don’t know, I just heard he wasn’t very nice from multiple people and that he just never treated girls very well, and he was just a .”

Ole Miss Murder Suspect Had 'Complicated Relationship' With Victim, Was 'Super Misogynistic': Friends

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back