MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student found dead, Harmontown, 20 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Seattle1, Jul 22, 2019.

1. scapa

scapa Well-Known Member

Well, they're a perfect fit with their new client.

Regarding the tabloid gossip -- BT strikes me as exactly the type of entitled prat to do everything he can to avoid using sensible protection that involves him as a responsible adult in any way, and then refuse to take any responsibility for the consequences, so that part of the speculation seems to fit his likely MO at any rate (IMO). The new pix in some of those articles of Ally with her friends are heartbreaking.

2. NEL10

NEL10 Member

I’m wondering if BT texted her while she was at the bar in the square and said he would finally meet in person to talk. Maybe they stopped at the market that night/morning for a pregnancy test because he wanted to see it with his own eyes, and killed her after seeing the proof. Just a thought.
    Also - I’m still familiarizing myself with the rules of WS, please advise if this post was breaking any rules and I will delete/edit, if it’s not deleted by a moderator first.

3. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Glad to have you with us, NEL ! :)

afitzy, kgreg2529 and NEL10 like this.
  4. NEL10

NEL10 Member

Thank you! I was completely ignorant to the world of WS and any other online forums regarding real crime and am glad to FINALLY find people that are as devoted to these cases as I am. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

5. Southern_Girl

Southern_Girl Well-Known Member

Everyone is definitely different. I wasn’t noticeably pregnant at 17 weeks. I only have one child, but most others I know with more than one say that they show much faster during their 2nd pregnancy. I am naturally thin, as Ally appears to be also IMO.

It’s impossible to know for sure, but basing it on MOO & past experience, I think she would have been bigger but not obviously because of pregnancy (with clothes on).

It’s too late to get an abortion in Mississippi at 17 weeks. Side note: I found out my son was a boy just over 3 weeks before that point in my pregnancy.

6. marcolepsy

marcolepsy Active Member

Does anyone believe that BT, who can't get through state school in 4 years or cover up a murder could possibly navigate the window of a pregnancy test?

7. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

BBM

I, too, was puzzled by the lack of sorority pictures and know that most would at least have had a picture wearing letters <modsnip - rumor without verification>

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2019
    Soccermom5, mks762 and Talullah like this.
  8. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I agree and think it's terrible that so many 6 degree people ended up with Ally's messages sent to BT.

Perhaps they got them from BT.

If Ally shared her communications to BT with her close friends, who's to say that BT didn't do the same.

Also, I think the emphasis on the texts dating back to May was to confirm the pregnancy date and/or how long they knew about it.

I have no idea where Ally's friends are from. By all accounts, Ally never met a stranger.

Please feel free to link all of Ally's social media accounts on the thread.

Kittybunny, MassGuy, jash and 3 others like this.
  9. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

But - this is where it gets a little fuzzy. In the last video we've seen of her, she IS coming out of a bar and does appear a little unsteady walking down the sidewalk. Maybe it's something, maybe it's nothing... or maybe the actions of a stressed 21-year-old aren't always logically consistent?

Regardless, it seems like a side note to her murder.

10. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

I think she was indeed pregnant, just because there have been no outright denials from either her family or their spokesperson nor LE.

I also think the DM structured that entire article around the rumors and just went with the one that seemed most likely to have some truth in it. Occasionally they hide a nugget of gold amid the scurrilous click bait they offer.

IMO

11. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

Yes and the next day he posted his song for the summer you dropped a bomb on me on his SM account can’t remember which one.

sallye818 and borndem like this.
  12. Gsmithson

Gsmithson Active Member

This is not true. BT dropped or was dropped from a fraternity during pledging. Ally was a member of her sorority.

13. sun16

sun16 Well-Known Member

So why South Memphis? Did BT know someone there or was he just running?

14. JBMDC

JBMDC Well-Known Member

But even if they are authentic, the texts were still two months old. Anyone who is a close friend would have more updated information than these texts from May. She would have decided what she was going to do by the end of May or early June. She wouldn't wait two months to decide and he wouldn't wait two months to find out what she decided. These texts are dated gossip, not evidence of what was going on in the middle of July.

15. Soccermom5

Soccermom5 Well-Known Member

I think young girls share way too much personal information...Ive tried to tell my daughter that you can have lots of friends but only share personal things with one really close friend....these kids are too trusting and I think after she was murdered this just spread like wildfire!

16. Soccermom5

I think some of her friends likely warned her to stay away from him...this probably just led her to keep things from them ...maybe some of her friends didnt know much about him because of this reason...at least one of them did hence the police looking at him so quickly.

MassGuy, Quill, MemPat and 3 others like this.
  17. Soccermom5

We don’t know this yet?? Maybe going to Memphis specifically South Memphis because it isn’t a nice part of town-perfect place to dispose of a murder weapon ..maybe headed to the airport??

MassGuy, Quill, MemPat and 1 other person like this.
  18. Todalu

Todalu Member

tabitha111 and MemPat like this.
  19. Todalu

Todalu Member

Interesting, she was shot 8 times in the abdomen and a friend of his said he carried a glock that contained 8 rounds. If so, I see a feticide charge coming!

Steph8angels and MassGuy like this.
  20. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

bbm
    Poor guy -- he really was agonizing about what he had done to her -- Oh, so sorry. What a jerk.

His attorneys will probably switch that around to one of his professors calling a pop test that day... They'll find something to squash it like a bug, I am sure.

Hazelnutty likes this.