MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Seattle1, Jul 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been posted yet but there will be no bond hearing today

Any word on a PC or any kind of update??

edit: grammar

Destini likes this.

2. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

snipped
    On Saturday morning, video recorded her and Theesfeld together in a market near Harmontown, on the north side of Sardis Lake.
    Ally Kostial murder: How Brandon Theesfeld was caught

They got the cell phone information so fast IMO. And having them together on video plus a weapon in the vehicle and blood? - excellent work by LE (I'm repeating myself but wow!).

4. Destini

Destini Well-Known Member

Has there been a press conference at all? I don't recall one.

5. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

6. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Yep. They are valuable citizens in their community. Go figure. Their value isn't measured by their income.

Think the perp will ever understand that? (Rhetorical question, no answer expected.)

Great job, LE.

jmo

kodi, MerBeach, MemPat and 6 others like this.
  7. LittleLittle

LittleLittle Member

The route through Jackson, MS is definitely a “simpler” route, but the route through Memphis is shorter (mileage and time-wise). Maybe he was taking a different route purposely. Or maybe he wasn’t headed to TX at all.

8. winelover

winelover Active Member

I looked at the map and the route through Memphis could take him to the Ouachita National Forest. Maybe this explains the weapon and bloody clothes, he could have planned to ditch them there?

MOO

9. RBar1987

RBar1987 Member

Typical tool
    My knowledge is based on the route my friends/ fraternity brothers took when returning home to Dallas/Frisco/Ft Worth.

I was there from 2005-2010, and this makes me sick. She appears to be like a lot of girls I knew. They’re super sweet and friendly. They’re rich kids but they are generally very good natured. Same goes for the guys, but there is the occasional douche. Unfortunately the douches are very vocal and visible, thus contributing to a reputation that isn’t really deserved. Even without the murder charge, I’d label him as one of those due to his tweets. Just a punk.

10. LittleLittle

LittleLittle Member

Agreed. I’m from the area (MS). Most Ole Miss kids do have money, and there are the select few who give the majority a bad name. He seems like your classic punk. I sincerely hate it for both families. It’s tragic all the way around. I just pray justice is served.

11. LittleLittle

LittleLittle Member

Perhaps. Or toss them in the Mississippi River when he crossed from Memphis into Arkansas. But theoretically he could’ve done that via the other route too, in Vicksburg. There’s no telling. But according to his past actions, he was very careless, so maybe there was no plan for the weapon and bloody clothes.

AzPistonsGirl and human like this.
  12. danzn16

danzn16 For the missing

I often wonder this. I just watched the first episode of Euphoria on HBO last night. Basically the entire episode is young girls lowering themselves for boys that treat like dirt. I was shocked and disgusted watching it and really thought if this is what our younger generation is going through, we are in a terrible place as a species.

13. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

14. danzn16

danzn16 For the missing

could go either way, but shorter way is through memphis. However, he didn't get very far in the amount of time he had afterwards. Wonder what he was doing in between?

Attached Files:

15. pjsmommy1215

pjsmommy1215 Well-Known Member

this poor kid hadn't even been reported missing when she had been found. this guy thought he had plenty of time imo

JudgeJoe, bluenoser, pendyjo and 4 others like this.
  16. Mito

Mito Well-Known Member

As a victim of emotional and verbal abuse, I can tell you that abusers don’t hook partners by being cool and treating you like dirt. I’d never encountered a “bad person” and believed everyone had a good heart. My ex was the most charming kind person i’d ever met. It’s called “love bombing” and it seemed very sincere. So attentive, thoughtful, engaged! Until 2 years later. Once we were engaged and got a place together I couldn’t do anything right. Nit picking, angry, absurd logic. It throws you for a loop. You believe the person you first met is the “real person”. But that was the fake one. It creates a real confusion. I final figured out it’s some borderline disorder and he was smart and manipulative. Freed myself. But these people are dangerous too so it’s no easy task to get free safely.

17. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Just my opinion -- I don't believe BT murdered AK because of pregnancy. Just the opposite -- women are more often killed when leaving a relationship.

I believe if they were ever a couple, it was probably earlier as their social media seems scrubbed of each other. I'm wondering if AK had finally moved on and told him she was dating somebody else.

The after hours meet-up just has that "I have to talk to you, and promise to leave you alone" vibe to it.

MOO

18. kgreg2529

kgreg2529 Well-Known Member

There was a case in Gautier, MS years ago and a young man killed another young kid (18) because he was jealous the latter was dating his ex.. shot him in the heart from the front yard. The guy died in his moms arms. Plead guilty to manslaughter, got 20 years and was out in 8. SMH.

I REALLY hope it doesn’t end up this way.

Joseph Goff to leave prison; served less than half of 20-year manslaughter sentence - gulflive.com

19. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

jash, JudgeJoe, LeeAnnB and 3 others like this.
  20. boxerlovermom

boxerlovermom Member

This isn't accurate. The Mississippi Code does have murder in degrees. Miss. Code Ann. § 97-3-19 provides that the killing of a human being: "when done with deliberate design to effect the death of the person killed, or of any human being, shall be first-degree murder; . . ." It goes on to define second degree murder and capital murder. Other code sections discuss manslaughter. I agree that it seems that his best defense is likely to be trying to establish a lessor homicide offense; as the evidence seems to be really stacking up against him as the person responsible for her death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.