MS MS - Angela Freeman, 17, Petal, 10 Sep 1993

http://www.myfox23.com/single-post/...ase-community-remembers-missing-pregnant-teen
PETAL, MS. - Family, friends, and investigators gathered Sunday to remember 17-year-old pregnant missing teen, Angela Freeman, on the anniversary of her 1993 disappearance.

According to head investigator, Rusty Keyes, the cold case has heated up in the last year. “There has been things that has surfaced for us in the last year."

Keyes adds, "That (information) has moved this case and has helped us a lot, and we want that momentum to continue.”

Keyes says, "I do not want to get into exact evidence we have on this case, but I am using every tool that is available to us all the way from 1993 to today to help solve this case."

"We know that there are answers out there that we need to completely solve this case, but we are asking the person who did this, to burden their heart and come forward to give the family peace in this case" Keyes says.

If you have any information on Angela's disappearance you can contact Metro Crime Stoppers at 601-582-7867.

Haven't heard anything on this in a long while

I think the ex boyfriend is very strong suspect, he was the last one who saw Angela alive, they were arguing near the Pizza hat place, she was pregnant and she wanted to have the baby, I believe this was the reason for the argument.

Maybe the police also believe that he killed Angela but they don't have enough evidence.

In the touching-beautiful song and clip that her brother made for her you can see how happy the family is in a wedding celebration , not knowing that everything is going to change... it's breaks my heart.
I am praying for justice for Angela and for her family.

25 years of waiting: 'We will never stop our search for Angela'

Anyone with information on the 1993 disappearance of Angela Freeman is asked to call USM police Capt. Rusty Keyes or any local law enforcement officer. Keyes can be reached at 601-266-4946.

Her mother keeps a Facebook profile dedicated to her daughter at facebook.com/angela.freeman.182

636628685050642561-IMG-3928.JPG
636628685046410588-IMG-3926.JPG

25 years of waiting: 'We will never stop our search for Angela'
Angela was last seen around 1 a.m. Friday outside the old Pizza Hut on Central Avenue in Petal, but not much has been made public about what may have happened between the time she left the restaurant and her car was found.

Her body has never been found and no one has ever been charged in connection to her death.

Keyes says the case may be old, but progress is being made.

"Cold case investigations can be a slow process — especially when you're trying to locate witnesses or trying to develop a time line of an event that happened years ago," he said.

New leads have been tracked down. The threads are still loose, so Keyes is hoping to soon find that one thing that will tie them all together. He believes they are on the verge of clearing the case.

Keyes said anyone who may have any information, no matter how insignificant they might think it is, should call him — even anonymously — or anyone in law enforcement they trust.

"It could be the one piece of information we need," he said. "We want resolution, but we need the public's help to get there. We need people to continue to cooperate with us to make it work."

On Wednesday, September 8, 1993, Angela, Nicholas and their mother were all at home in the afternoon. Debra says she and Angela were chatting in the kitchen and Angela told her she was going to stay with her friend Paula for a few nights. Angela said she and Paula wanted to find an apartment and move in together, Debra told Dateline.

“She said, ‘I’m going to go to Paula’s,’ and she left. When she got to the door I said, ‘Be careful.’ And she said, ‘I love y’all.’ And she walked out of the house,” Debra told Dateline.

That was the last time Debra would see her daughter.

Mother, brother looking for answers 25 years after pregnant Mississippi teen disappears

Ok, it is possible that Angela was not anywhere around Mahned Bridge that night. This crime could have easily been a crime of convenience. Someone could have witnessed Angela and her boyfriend arguing, and having murdered Angela, knowing it would be her boyfriend which (as in most cases) would be the prime suspect. Perhaps Mahned Bridge was a setup to draw authorities from the original scene of the crime. Could have been whoever did this, may have had some knowledge of police work. There was another missing persons case in Ocean Springs later that same month. Kimberlee Sue Turner came up missing on 09/28/1993, and to date, no recovery has been made. These two could be related. College towns bring people in from all over the country, some are not all that savory. If this is the case, somebody had to drive her car to the bridge that night, and after planting the evidence (shoes, blood, etc) was picked up by someone else. Had Angela's car been recovered at the real scene of the crime, it would more than likely have given away the murderer. But I think whoever did this, knew her.

There is a new podcast out that gives lots more details about this case. It confirms the ex-boyfriend's name as well. It's called "Telling Lives" and it's five episodes in. Some of the interviews are difficult to hear but overall it's good. I just wish more people were listening.

There is a new podcast out that gives lots more details about this case. It confirms the ex-boyfriend's name as well. It's called "Telling Lives" and it's five episodes in. Some of the interviews are difficult to hear but overall it's good. I just wish more people were listening.
Have added to my list

Thank you very much marion for the link to the program,I am listening right now.
To me the ex-boyfriend Stephen and Larry the father of Angel's child are a very strong suspects , I don't believe it was a random crime.

Last edited:
Hello, I know this is an older thread but I live in this area, and my father in law worked the search and rescue for angela. This case could have easily been solved if not for police incompetence. Unfortunately because of that, Angela's body will never be found.

Hello, I know this is an older thread but I live in this area, and my father in law worked the search and rescue for angela. This case could have easily been solved if not for police incompetence. Unfortunately because of that, Angela's body will never be found.

Just bringing up an old thread I was interested in this case just recently... "police incompetence" where can we pull files on this?

Here’s a rumor that I heard. “The step father was racist and Angela was pregnant by a black co-worker. The sheriff’s office finger printed everything on the car EXCEPT the rear view mirror. Angela’s stepdad had murdered her and built a shop over top of her” AGAIN this is RUMORED I was just interested in this case... Anybody? Sorry again old thread just very interesting.

The mother, Debra, addresses this in the podcast, that it was rumored that Angela was buried under their swimming pool (she and her hubby at the time), they are no longer married and I am not sure who lives there now. I'm guessing everyone thinks it was the ex-bf, but IDK what to think except that the case was mishandled. The current Sheriff has turned over evidence to the DA's office per news report last week at the event her mom held on the anniversary of her missing.

September 10, 2019 rbbm.
26 years later: Angela Freeman is not forgotten
“We’ve been able to actually take it, the case, over to the District Attorney’s office and turn it over to them for their review with a suspect,” said Perry County Sheriff Mitch Nobles. “We have exhausted all leads at this time. We’ve turned everything over to them, hoping for a positive result.”

''Nobles said he is not releasing the name of that suspect.''

“Maybe someday it will be solved, that people just don’t forget about it,” said Debra. “She was human. She was my daughter. She needs justice.”

Debra said she it’s a good feeling to know so many have not given up on her daughter.

“I am so glad that people still thing about her,” said Debra. “That she hasn’t been forgotten. That is what blesses me most, that she hasn’t been forgotten.”

If you can help solve Angela’s disappearance, call Metro Crimestoppers at (601) 582-STOP.

Have LE looked at the Father of the unborn baby.?
Here is my thoughts. The last person(s) to see Angela alive was the friend "Paula"and the ex boyfriend. The ex boyfriend was not named a person of interest, why? I have heard he had a gf at the time but that does not mean he would not be capable of murder. The guy Larry, who was thought to have been the father of Angela's baby marries Ruby the day Angelas car was found. Consciousness it sounds because a husband and wife do not have to testify against the other in court. It was said Ruby was jealous and envious that Angela was pregnant. Then there is Rusty Keys who allowed Debra to drive Angela's car home the day it was found instead of taking it to be analyzed for forensics. So, you have the ex bf who she seen that night,the friend Paula who said Angela left a note, Larry &Ruby who got married really quick the day Angela's car was found. Did detectives look through any of Angela's personal things such as a diary or maybe school work to see if the writting was indeed Angelas from the note Paula the friend had found. Why wasn't the ex boyfriend, Paula the friend or Larry and Ruby given a polygraph test? It was also said that Angela's step father was racist. Did he do something to Angela thinking her baby was mixed? Watch his expressions and body language on the first interview. His body language is very disturbing. The family of Angela Freeman should be filing criminal charges against the law and detectives involved for causing this case to be screwed up from the beginning.

The murder may have well be premediated, planned out ahead of time, and while Angela's blood was found at the scene, who is to say this was not staged to appear she was killed at Mahned Bridge, which was a setup to draw authorities away from the original scene of the crime. Blood can be transported. In addition the Officers that did finally show up, first suggested the blood was not blood, but rather fluid from a truck, which was later confirmed as Angela's blood. Why even suggest such a thing if they had no knowledge of what happened that night? I would suspect much more blood would have been at the scene if in fact Angela had been killed there, and is why I believe the murder scene was somewhere else, and someone other than Angela drove her car to Mahned Bridge that night, planted the blood by the car, and perhaps around the bridge. If indeed this murder was a spur of the moment thing, unintended, then we would have had more evidence of a struggle and perhaps a body, but in the absence of a body, and the very real possibility that this entire murder was premediated/planned out, we also have to consider the fact that Mahned Bridge was more of a staging area, than the scene of a Homicide....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back