Found Deceased MS - Austen Slay, 23, Jackson, 3 June 2019

I couldn't tell. The map makes it look like dirt. But, then again, that is how many miles above? ;)

Right. I think the one you see that is dirt is likely a gravel driveway. There is also what looks like a dirt track for recreation as well. Jones Loop is the highway that you see intersecting Wynnedale. If you watch the news reports the reporter is standing in the road in front of the abandoned house. I'm curious as to where that very old abandoned house is situated because from what I know of it, that road had lots of very high end homes with acreage. All of which makes me wonder why there? There must be a more lonely spot on that road to make them leave him there.

I am so sorry for his parents and friends. This is a tragedy that just seems to be on repeat these days.

Right. I think the one you see that is dirt is likely a gravel driveway. There is also what looks like a dirt track for recreation as well. Jones Loop is the highway that you see intersecting Wynnedale. If you watch the news reports the reporter is standing in the road in front of the abandoned house. I'm curious as to where that very old abandoned house is situated because from what I know of it, that road had lots of very high end homes with acreage. All of which makes me wonder why there? There must be a more lonely spot on that road to make them leave him there.

I am so sorry for his parents and friends. This is a tragedy that just seems to be on repeat these days.

Jones Loop is a long circle through the country not on a major exit. It loops off of another country road and crosses the railroad tracks. It was, 25 years ago, a mix of brick middle class rural homes on acreage, and small poorer frame houses occupied primarily by African American families. There are also some mobile homes scattered around. As the older generation of African American families began dying out, their children/relatives returned to the land and built expensive new homes. Some are still under construction. The last generation left some homes abandoned, others still occupied but in various states of repair/disrepair. It's not at all a "planned" area, but very haphazard. The abandoned home is off the road and extremely overgrown. I believe passersby found the body, so that makes me wonder who would even wander up to the house.

Just looking at some of the post that have been made, very sad. I think he was wanting to start a new life and unfortunately someone didn’t agree with that.

Rest in peace, Austen.

https://www.chancellorfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Christopher-Slay/#!/Obituary

Obituary for Mr. Christopher Austen Slay
The family of Christopher Austen Slay, 23, will receive family and friends for visitation Friday, July 5, 2019 from 10am until the 11am funeral service at Chancellor Funeral Home in Byram. Interment will be in Baton Rouge, LA.

Austen, a native of Baton Rouge, was raised in Byram, attending Byram and Terry High Schools. He was an Inspector in the Insurance Industry.

[...]

Rest in peace, Austen.

https://www.chancellorfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Christopher-Slay/#!/Obituary

Obituary for Mr. Christopher Austen Slay
The family of Christopher Austen Slay, 23, will receive family and friends for visitation Friday, July 5, 2019 from 10am until the 11am funeral service at Chancellor Funeral Home in Byram. Interment will be in Baton Rouge, LA.

Austen, a native of Baton Rouge, was raised in Byram, attending Byram and Terry High Schools. He was an Inspector in the Insurance Industry.

[...]
MSM article with obituary:

View Christopher Slay's Obituary on theadvocate.com and share memories

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member