MS MS - Bay St Louis, WhtFem 37-42, UP2841, no teeth, 'black lung', emphysema, chron bronchitis, May'98

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19106/3/

Has anyone thought of Brenda Bridges?

Height and weight match -- has blue eyes which can be mistaken for grey, vice versa. Was last seen getting into a white van in Hillsborough Co. (Tampa) in 1997

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bridges_brenda.html

Has 2 kids, scar on abdomen... worked in the cleaning business...

:bump: for image revision. (with and without her dentures)

aa6594f2-56d9-4d04-9f48-75a44b6a34c8.jpg
e1d21d74-12b5-4045-a060-6ece54e50498.jpg

http://www.sunherald.com/2013/08/09/4862385/hancock-county-coroner-wants-to.html

Faulk asked Circuit Judge Lisa Dodson on Friday for an order to disinter the remains of a young woman who was hit by a car and killed on Interstate 10 on May 8, 1998.

Dodson delayed the hearing for a week, saying state law requires "sufficient cause" for an order to disturb remains.

<snip>

Faulk said he will make arrangements for sworn statements or testimony from the state medical examiner and from Louisiana investigators involved in the search for two missing women.

He also hopes to contact relatives of the two missing Louisiana women, whose descriptions resemble those of the woman hit 15 years ago. Both women left behind children.

From the link
In a U.S. Supreme Court decision in 1978, one justice wrote, "The dead are to rest where they have been lain unless reason of substance is brought forward for disturbing their repose."

And that's why the judge is making all those people give sworn statements etc and delaying this? That's so silly. With modern DNA matching technology and databases, the very fact that a Doe who may have relatives remains unidentified and we don't have DNA available should be compelling enough to justify going in to the grave to get a sample.

Disturbing a grave is a very serious matter to many people -- so serious that yes, they don't consider DNA testing sufficient reason.

OMG you guys I'm ready to cry right now! I've been without my laptop and then having logon issues, which thanks to the fabulous chicoliving are now resolved, and then I come here and see this! Holding out hope that this will lead to answers for Hancock JD and her family....

COULD the black lung been a result of heating one's home with coal?

:bump: for image revision. (with and without her dentures)

e1d21d74-12b5-4045-a060-6ece54e50498.jpg
augat_diane.jpg
augat_diane2.jpg
augat_diane3.jpg

This missing woman is my suggestion, she fits in so many ways..... Should be able to rule her out/match easily with fingerprint comparison!
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/augat_diane.html
Went missing April 10, 1998 from Hudson, Florida
Age; 40 years old
Height & Weight; 5'4"; 130 lbs.
Reportedly has tattoos on her back and shoulder (I'm wondering if "road rash" injuries would make them unnoticeable)
From Doe Network; Augat has three children. In the late 1980s, she was diagnosed as being manic-depressive and sporadically took medication that kept the disorder under control. In 1988, the children were removed from her custody, and Augat and her husband divorced in 1991.
She was arrested several times for petty crimes and was taken into custody under the state's Baker Act. The Baker Act is the state's involuntary commitment law. A judge, police officer or doctor decides whether a person is potentially ill enough to require an involuntary medical exam.
A few weeks before her disappearance, she was treated for her manic-depression at a local mental health facility.

I may just go ahead and submit since she can be looked into immediately!
I will let you all know as soon as I hear back....

Here's another new arrival in NamUs:

IMO, she might be a reasonable possible for this Hancock County Jane Doe.

Terrie Lee Holland
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/10107/88

Like the Jane doe, she has blue eyes, and is 5'3" tall. (Actually, the Jane Doe's eyes are described as grey, but that is often interchangeable with blue)

She is from Arkansas (i.e., a state adjacent to Mississippi match She is a little younger than the age estimate, but not excessively so. Especially given her history of drug use, she may have look older than she actually was.

There's no indication that she was missing her teeth at the time of her disappearance. But she was a heavy drug user, and may have lost them in the 11-month interim. Or she may be missing teeth, and they failed to mention it. I've seen that before.

The resemblance is pretty strong. Both have high foreheads, squarish chins and similar noses with the columella positioned well below the adjacent nostrils and alae.

I am also seeing many common blemishes. Both have blemishes at the crease between the left cheek and upper lip. They also have similar blemishes in almost the same location on the right side.

Terrie has what looks like acne scarring below the right corner of her mouth. The UID has skin anomalies in the same location, although it's difficult to tell if the anomalies are similarly shaped.

She also has three moles under her left eye. The postmortem photo of the UID shows a black mark in the exact location where the moles would be, so it's difficult to check for that on the UID.

The UID had unpierced ears, and I don't see any indication that Terrie's ears are pierced, though that's inconclusive.

jmo but they look very much alike

The vaccination scar sticks out to me. When did they stop giving vaccinations like that? I ask because I always associated it to be with "old" people. (Not trying to offend anyone) In the pictures, she looks so young.
Could it be that she was left behind at the nearest rest stop? I was wondering if maybe she was traveling in a car with her slippers on, they stopped for a break and one way or another she was left there.
About the black lung- My dad has Alpha one anti-trypsin and was a bad smoker, so he developed emphysema. He has breathing problems and black lungs, last year he got a piece cut off of his lung. Alpha one is a genetic disease that can affect the lungs or liver. Just a thought.

My (younger) sister who was born in 1959 was one of the last to get their smallpox vaccination on her arm in our family. After her, it was given on the leg to hide the scare better- before smallpox was completely eradicated.

Todd Matthews is asking that anyone in the MP community that can write an email in support of exhumation to Coroner Jim Faulk via jim.faulk@aol.com as well as requests to reconsider the judgement might also be effective if sent through the reporter. - vwelborn@gannett.com

Mississippi judge delays Jane Doe exhumation
DNA sought to test against 2 missing La. woman
Aug. 16, 2013

A Mississippi judge delayed until October a request from a coroner to exhume a body for DNA testing, despite the pleas of a South Louisiana family who are convinced the unidentified woman is their missing loved one.

Hancock County, Miss., Coroner Jim Faulk said there was “not a dry eye” in the courtroom Friday when the adult children of Nelda Louise Hardwick, of Lake Charles, testified in favor of the exhumation.

Still, the judge questioned the authenticity of some of the evidence Faulk presented, including autopsy photographs of Jane Doe. Another hearing is set Oct. 18.

similarities between Jane Doe and another missing Louisiana woman, Faye Aline Self, 26, of Coushatta, who was last seen March 20, 1983, leaving the Wagon Wheel on state Highway 1 in Red River Parish.

How much does it cost? Is that even a factor in his decision?

augat_diane.jpg
augat_diane2.jpg
augat_diane3.jpg

This missing woman is my suggestion, she fits in so many ways..... Should be able to rule her out/match easily with fingerprint comparison!
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/augat_diane.html
Went missing April 10, 1998 from Hudson, Florida
Age; 40 years old
Height & Weight; 5'4"; 130 lbs.
Reportedly has tattoos on her back and shoulder (I'm wondering if "road rash" injuries would make them unnoticeable)
From Doe Network; Augat has three children. In the late 1980s, she was diagnosed as being manic-depressive and sporadically took medication that kept the disorder under control. In 1988, the children were removed from her custody, and Augat and her husband divorced in 1991.
She was arrested several times for petty crimes and was taken into custody under the state's Baker Act. The Baker Act is the state's involuntary commitment law. A judge, police officer or doctor decides whether a person is potentially ill enough to require an involuntary medical exam.
A few weeks before her disappearance, she was treated for her manic-depression at a local mental health facility.

I may just go ahead and submit since she can be looked into immediately!
I will let you all know as soon as I hear back....
There are a few reasons why I doubt this is a match, but the main one pertains to facial features. Jane Doe's nose has a distinctly downward "hook". It's very prominent in the post mortem photos, and in Carl's sketches, too. Diane Augat's nose is shaped differently and turns upward. JMO

ETA: Link to post mortem photos is in this post.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MS MS - Hancock County, WhtFem 178UFMS, 38-42, No teeth-"black lung", May'98

Admittedly I'm late to this thread and it seems that they think there is a match for this UID (I hope so, for her family and for her!), but reading all the discussion on black lung made me think of a conversation I had with my mother in law regarding her mother's diagnosis of Asbestosis.
While not alike in most senses, one generally develops asbestosis from their work environment. Personally my dad has it from his work in the local paper mill. When my husband's grandmother was quite older it was found that she had asbestosis. Her daughter (my MIL) asked the doctor how, as she had never worked in an environment that would put her at risk. The doctor stated that she got it from washing her husband's work clothes, which were covered in asbestos.
Now, I had never heard that before (or since, for that matter), nor have I researched it, but the question I'd like to pose is, IF that situation is possible, would it also be possible to get "Black Lung" from laundering clothes that were in the mines? This would open possibilities to significant others of those industries, and also people known to work in laundering businesses.
Like I said, I hope that this UID has a match. It's been 15 years now and she deserves a name and a final resting place near loved ones. However, it may be something that comes up again and I thought it was worth mentioning.

Just jumping off the quotated info in the news article.

Todd Matthews is asking that anyone in the MP community that can write an email in support of exhumation to Coroner Jim Faulk via jim.faulk@aol.com as well as requests to reconsider the judgement might also be effective if sent through the reporter. - vwelborn@gannett.com

I read a comment on one of the news articles that Todd said Nelda was ruled out years ago. If someone submitted Nelda then that would certainly explain getting put off on this potential match. This is now SOP along with...."I already submitted this one, but thanks..."

Mississippi judge delays Jane Doe exhumation
DNA sought to test against 2 missing La. woman
Aug. 16, 2013

A Mississippi judge delayed until October a request from a coroner to exhume a body for DNA testing, despite the pleas of a South Louisiana family who are convinced the unidentified woman is their missing loved one.

Hancock County, Miss., Coroner Jim Faulk said there was &#8220;not a dry eye&#8221; in the courtroom Friday when the adult children of Nelda Louise Hardwick, of Lake Charles, testified in favor of the exhumation.

Still, the judge questioned the authenticity of some of the evidence Faulk presented, including autopsy photographs of Jane Doe. Another hearing is set Oct. 18.
Interesting....

Anyone have a missing person page that states Nelda had "uinquely color gray eyes" or UP information that this MS UP had one leg shorter than the other, scars all over her head and body? More importantly, where is the info regarding the MP having black lung disease or any respitory disorder? There certainly are discrepencies.

I just checked NamUS on the Nelda Hardwick case. EYES: BROWN
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/625

Also found an update article on UP.
http://www.seacoastecho.com/article_7189.shtml#.UhTo7cU56Bt

Reasons LE gave for exhumation: (bold by me)
Sgt. Jason Alexander, a detective at the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office, testified that he believes there are a lot of similarities between the two women.
Alexander said both women had no teeth; neither had their ears pierced; were about the same age, and their hair color, eyes, and surgical marks matched.

Alexander said he also has compared photos of Hardwick to apparent autopsy photos found on an internet missing person's site.

THe UP description states her hair was not original. It had been colored with gray showing at the temples. So is he comparing natural colored hair to color treated hair? I still can't get past the "uniquely colored gray eyes on the UP. It is also important to note that the trama to the face of the UP would certainly have changed the angle of her nose.
(Just trying to read the judge's decision and the intent of the coronor and the UP case manager.)

Still looking for the last "update" where it ws stated the UP had scars on her body and head. Difficult to extract fact when the three articles I have read were written by different journalists. Will post when I find it.

Peace to the Hardwick family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back