GUILTY MS - Courtney Smith & Christine Jackson, both 3, raped & murdered, 1990 & 1992

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by White Rain, Feb 9, 2008.

1. White Rain

White Rain Active Member

Poor baby...I hope she gets some justice!

JACKSON, Mississippi - A one-time suspect in the 1992 rape and murder of a 3-year-old child has been charged with the crime, more than a decade after another man was convicted in the shocking case.
    Justin Albert Johnson, 51, faces charges of capital murder and sexual battery on a child under the age of 14, Attorney General Jim Hood said.
    Johnson was arraigned Tuesday, pleaded not guilty and was being held without bond. It was not immediately clear if he had obtained an lawyer.
    Another man, Kennedy Brewer had been convicted of capital murder and sentenced to death in 1995 for the crime. He spent well over a decade in various prisons and jails, including death row.
    The slaying of Christine Jackson was a "sickening case" in which the girl was taken from her home in the middle of the night, raped and brutally strangled, Hood said. more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23073321/

2. Loading...

3. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

I think she will finally get justice. From your link:

Sperm found on the child's body was analyzed by two different laboratories and both said the DNA was "a perfect match to Johnson," Potkin said.

------
    I feel for Kennedy Brewer. He was only 22 when wrongfully convicted.

4. White Rain

White Rain Active Member

I hold DNA in high esteem these days....unfortunately I don't hold anything to go along with it in high esteem.

5. MsPooh

MsPooh Well-Known Member

He has confessed to killing another child....:mad:

http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?s=7846983
    The man accused of killing and raping a 3 year old girl in 1990 has now confessed to raping and killing a second child the same year.
    More at link......

6. imthemom

imthemom New Member

http://www.sunherald.com/306/story/358343.html

Here's a longer article. This is so sad, how could the police not look at the similarities of these cases in this small town. Did they know they made a mistake with the first and just continued to cover by pinning it on yet another boyfriend.

7. MsPooh

MsPooh Well-Known Member

15 Years of these poor men's lives have been taken and no way to get them back....and what will our great state do to compensate them? I am not a fan of lawsuits, but in these cases I think it may be worth looking into. Time is so precious.

8. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

If this man killed and raped two young children, did he stop? What has he been doing all these years since then? Is that something you just stop doing? This is scary stuff.

9. MsPooh

MsPooh Well-Known Member

I have a really really bad feeling about this....:eek: :mad: :furious:

10. MsPooh

MsPooh Well-Known Member

11. pixies

pixies Former Member

12. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From February 2012:

http://www.cdispatch.com/news/article.asp?aid=15589