Identified! MS - Deer Island, WhtMale, 30-45, Tattoos, Oct'19 - Michael Anthony Blakeney Jr.

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
DEER ISLAND, Miss. (WLOX) - Authorities still haven't identified the man found dead on Deer Island Thursday morning, but we're learning more details about how and where he was found.

Biloxi Police received a call just before 9 a.m. from a person who spotted a body in the water on the north side of the island. The body was south of Kuhn Street, about eight to ten feet from shore.

Police, along with DMR’s Marine Patrol, and Deputy Coroner Brian Switzer headed out to the island to investigate. Switzer said the victim is a white man in his mid-30s to late-40s. He weighs about 200lbs, is 6′ tall, and has several distinctive tattoos. He was probably in the water for 24 hours or less.

No identity, but officials describe victim found dead on Deer Island

Harrison County Coroner Brian Switzer said there were no signs of an assault, but the death is being investigated as suspicious until a cause of death can be determined.

Investigators said the victim had multiple, distinctive tattoos and initially hoped that would make it easier to identify the man, but that hasn’t been the case. So they’re releasing descriptions of the tattoos to the public with the hope that someone will recognize them. (Actual images of the tattoos cannot be shared at this time.)

The victim is described as a white man with short dark hair, potentially between the ages of 30 and 45. He is approximately 5′10″ to 6′02″ and weighed about 220 to 250 lbs. He was not wearing specific clothing that can be described.

His tattoos are described as:
  • A scorpion tattoo on his right shoulder blade
  • A Viking tattoo on his left shoulder blade
  • “Brendan” was tattooed on the back of his right arm
  • His right inner forearm had two separate tattoos which were an elephant and a clown face with the words “cry now”.
  • On his left inner arm he had another clown face with the words “laugh later”.
  • He has a tribal tattoo on the left upper arm.
  • On his chest was a tattoo of a ribbon with “11-12-11”.
  • The name “Davianna” was tattooed along his left side.
  • He also had some symbols of an unknown language tattooed on his left calf.

Authorities hope dead man’s tattoos will unlock the secret of his identity

BBM

They found the body 8 days ago and it does not seem like there is any new information? I wonder if he has been identified, but it has just not been released?

11 Oct 2019

The investigation continues into identifying the person found floating in the water just south of the Kuhn Street Pier in Biloxi earlier this month. Back on October 3rd, the Biloxi Police Department and DMR responded to a report of a person floating in the water in the area near the Kuhn Street Pier.

The deceased is described as a white male and was found floating in the area south of the pier and north of Deer Island. Harrison County Coroner Brian Switzer also responded to the remains that were recovered. There were no signs of an assault, but the death is still being investigated as suspicious until a cause of death can be determined.

Images of the location from the video:
upload_2019-10-12_16-31-8.png

upload_2019-10-12_16-31-46.png

upload_2019-10-12_16-32-17.png

Police Seek Help Identifying Body Found Near Kuhn Street Pier Oct. 3 - WXXV 25

I think I may have found something and would like to hear other's opinions?

I also found it odd no one had identified the man considering he had such unique tattoos. The name "Davianna" particularly sounded unique to me. I searched for profiles under the name Davianna on Facebook hoping I could find someone who may be connected to the unidentified man. I found a woman with that first name on Facebook who lives in Theodore, AL. Considering Theodore is also pretty coastal and not incredibly far away, I thought maybe it was somehow connected. A brief look through her profile did not show anything to suggest she was related to the case, but I decided to search both "Davianna Mississippi" and "Davianna Alabama" on Google.

Searching "Davianna Alabama" yielded a result from AL.com about a divorce between a Michael Anthony Blakeney Jr. vs. Davianna Lynn Blakeney". Further searching the name "Michael Anthony Blakeney" brings up public records in Theodore, AL so it seems as if this was the ex-husband of the aforementioned Theodore, AL Davianna on Facebook. A search for "Michael Anthony Blakeney" also brings up several mugshots and arrest records, including this link:

BLAKENEY JR, MICHAEL ANTHONY mugshot BCSO04JBN152343

That to me looks as if it may be clown tattoos similar to the ones described by authorities? MOO MOO MOO and definitely not wanting to break TOS by listing these names... this isn't any type of accusation though, so hopefully it's okay to post? I just wanted to explain how I stumbled upon the information. Opinions everyone?

@Iva great sleuthing. Please send that info and how you found it to LE.

ETA contact info:

If any of these tattoos sound familiar to you, or you have any other information that might help investigators, you’re asked to call the Harrison County Coroner’s Office at (228) 865-4290, Biloxi Police at (228) 435-6112, or Mississippi Coast Crime Stoppers at (877) 787-5898. You may also reach Crime Stoppers online at mscoastcrimestoppers.com

@Iva great sleuthing. Please send that info and how you found it to LE.

ETA contact info:

If any of these tattoos sound familiar to you, or you have any other information that might help investigators, you’re asked to call the Harrison County Coroner’s Office at (228) 865-4290, Biloxi Police at (228) 435-6112, or Mississippi Coast Crime Stoppers at (877) 787-5898. You may also reach Crime Stoppers online at mscoastcrimestoppers.com

Thanks! I submitted it online at the mscoastcrimestoppers.com site along with some more detailed information and links. There wasn't a proper selection for what type of tip I was submitting (they were all "offense types"), but I just chose "fugitive" as it seemed like the closest one?

I wonder if they’ve checked birth and/or death records with the 11-12-11 and those 2 names. It could be a family member passed away or a child was born since it is only about 8 years ago. Pretty recent and likely something online or on an Ancestry family tree.

I found another mugshot site with a better resolution picture of the tattoo. This has to be it, right? MOO

MICHAEL-ANTHONY-BLAKENEY-Jr_mugshot.400x800.jpg

I wonder if they’ve checked birth and/or death records with the 11-12-11 and those 2 names. It could be a family member passed away or a child was born since it is only about 8 years ago. Pretty recent and likely something online or on an Ancestry family tree.

It seems it could be the date he remarried?

New Hamilton County Marriage Licenses

Michael Anthony Blakeney Jr. on this list of new marriage licenses published on Monday, the 14th of November, 2011 as well

Based on a FB post I saw just now from his ex, he has been identified as Michael Blakeney. Good work, Iva!

I see that now! The first post someone mentions him passing is from 5 hours ago as of now (wasn't there yet when I first checked FB for info and by the time it was posted I was already looking at other sites), and someone else said they found out this morning - so I guess LE was on top of it already. Still glad I submitted a tip anyway and so glad he has his name back. I imagine the news will update soon enough. My thoughts and condolences to the family. Rest in peace, Michael.

I see that now! The first post someone mentions him passing is from 5 hours ago as of now (wasn't there yet when I first checked FB for info and by the time it was posted I was already looking at other sites), and someone else said they found out this morning - so I guess LE was on top of it already. Still glad I submitted a tip anyway and so glad he has his name back. I imagine the news will update soon enough. My thoughts and condolences to the family. Rest in peace, Michael.

Wow!! You did amazing work. It’s so happy he was identified and honestly your tip totally could have helped lead them in the right direction.

I think I may have found something and would like to hear other's opinions?

I also found it odd no one had identified the man considering he had such unique tattoos. The name "Davianna" particularly sounded unique to me. I searched for profiles under the name Davianna on Facebook hoping I could find someone who may be connected to the unidentified man. I found a woman with that first name on Facebook who lives in Theodore, AL. Considering Theodore is also pretty coastal and not incredibly far away, I thought maybe it was somehow connected. A brief look through her profile did not show anything to suggest she was related to the case, but I decided to search both "Davianna Mississippi" and "Davianna Alabama" on Google.

Searching "Davianna Alabama" yielded a result from AL.com about a divorce between a Michael Anthony Blakeney Jr. vs. Davianna Lynn Blakeney". Further searching the name "Michael Anthony Blakeney" brings up public records in Theodore, AL so it seems as if this was the ex-husband of the aforementioned Theodore, AL Davianna on Facebook. A search for "Michael Anthony Blakeney" also brings up several mugshots and arrest records, including this link:

BLAKENEY JR, MICHAEL ANTHONY mugshot BCSO04JBN152343

That to me looks as if it may be clown tattoos similar to the ones described by authorities? MOO MOO MOO and definitely not wanting to break TOS by listing these names... this isn't any type of accusation though, so hopefully it's okay to post? I just wanted to explain how I stumbled upon the information. Opinions everyone?

Top sleuthing!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back