CATCH THE LATEST WEBSLEUTHS RADIO AS WE LOOK INTO THE TERRIFYING WORLD OF MEDICAL SERIAL KILLERS
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

MS MS - Delores Gonzales, 17, Gulfport, 21 June 1973

Discussion in 'Resolved Cold Cases' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

[​IMG]
    Delores Gonzales

Endangered Missing from Gulfport, Mississippi since June 21, 1973

Age: 17 -- Height: 5'5" -- Weight: 115 lbs -- Hair Color: Light Brown -- Eye Color: Hazel

Delores may use the last name Kelly.

Delores was last seen in Gulfport, Mississippi since June 21, 1973. She has never been seen or heard from since.

NCMEC

2. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

Delorise Diane Gonzales, a 17-year-old who went missing in 1973, was killed by her husband, officials with Gulfport Police Department said on Thursday.

The revelation was made at a press conference after her remains were identified through DNA testing.

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2015/04/23...ains-found-in-alabama.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

http://www.sunherald.com/2015/04/23/6191221/breaking-remains-found-in-alabama.html?rh=1

The threads were closed. I hope this is ok to post here!

Welcome home Delorise. :(

3. blefuscu

blefuscu Bsc (hons) Criminology

Wow. That's amazing that they can ID her and close the case after 42 years. That's longer than I've been alive. Rest in peace Delorise

4. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

I got married in 73. At least her family knows now, and aren't left hanging in limbo.

5. LotsaLatte

LotsaLatte Well-Known Member

She was so young. If she was 17 right before her 2nd wedding anniversary she would have been 15 when she married. That is so sad that she had her life taken from her.

6. marion

marion Member

Has anyone found any info on her as a UID? It's sounding like she (as the UID) was forgotten about and wasn't in any databases. I may be overlooking it though or it may have already been taken down. If the UID was forgotten about, it sure makes you wonder how many others are out there like that.

7. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Walker said the break in the case came when investigators were clearing some clutter out of their old offices. He said detectives discovered DNA evidence and then contacted Gulfport police in hopes of locating some family members. DNA swabs taken from family members came up with a match.

Authorities are holding a press conference in Choctaw County on Friday at 1 p.m.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/2888...lfport-woman-missing-since-1973#ixzz3YEAudKk1

8. luckyseven

luckyseven Active Member

Alabama district attorney differs with Mississippi police on who killed Delorise Gonzales in 1973
    April 24, 2015 at 2:20 PM

snipped

9. KateB

KateB New Member

10. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Not seeing her in NamUs unless the profile went offline

11. annoulzz

annoulzz Member

yeah, it's not there.. i just double checked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.