GUILTY MS - Donna Slater, 46, disabled, murdered in her Jackson Co. home, 7 March 2009

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Elphaba, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Elphaba

Elphaba Defying Gravity...

This was brought to my attention by a dear childhood friend, Melody: her best friend found out that his sister was murdered last Friday. His sister was wheelchair bound due to having spina bifida... it is thought that the robbery may have been the motive. Given her handicap, her ability to fight back was obviously very limited... and Melody informed me that it was her son returning home from school that found his mother deceased, stabbed and with her throat cut. :( She will be laid to rest, tomorrow, and I am reaching out to my fellow WSrs with a request to keep the Slater/Osborne family in your thoughts and prayers...

Donna Slater victim of murder:

http://www.wkrg.com/mississippi/article/robbery_motive_in_mississippi_murder/24250/

2. Loading...

3. Fairy1

Fairy1 No Country for Old Men

Oh, I'm so sorry. WTH is wrong with people? - and I use that term loosely. A thief could easily have overtaken her without hurting her. My guess is it was someone she knew and could easily ID. Hope they find the perp soon.

RIP Donna.

4. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

That's so sad.. how old is her son? Does he have family to go to? Is he of age?

5. fran

fran Former Member

This was such a senseless crime. :(

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends.

May she RIP,
    fran

6. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From May 2011:

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-news/2011/05/johnny_townsend_pleads_guilty.html