Found Alive MS - Elizabeth "Liz" Barker, 59, Simpson County, 22 April 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, Apr 23, 2019.

1. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Simpson County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public for information regarding a missing woman.

59-year-old Elizabeth “Liz” Barker was last seen by her husband, James “Tony” Barker, the morning of April 22nd at their family home on East Street just outside of Mendenhall.

Elizabeth was last seen wearing a purple LSU jacket and blue jeans. She was also carrying a purse.

At five feet, three inches tall, Mrs. Barker is described as having long black hair, brown eyes and weighs 135 pounds.

She did not take a vehicle from her home and is believed to have left by walking.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Elizabeth Barker, you are asked to call the Simpson County Sheriff’s Office at 601-847-2921 or Mississippi Crime Stoppers at 601-355-8477.
    Sheriff’s office asking for information concerning missing Simpson County woman

savagewoman, Quill and TatianaBarbie like this.
  2. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

Her sister-in-law posted about Elizabeth being missing, and mentioned a ping they got on Elizabeth's phone.

savagewoman, Quill and Cortne like this.
  3. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

4. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

I read those comments and it also seems that I have several friends who are friends of the family.

This is pretty close to me.

5. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

Interesting local news here. Two Dollar General stores robbed last night in a rural area. There is a Dollar General on just about every rural highway here but you rarely hear of this happening. It very well may NOT be connected, but I must say that this kind of "spree"crime is highly unusual in this area. Mize, MS is only about a 30 minute (about 20 miles) drive from Mendenhall; only another 25 minutes (about 20 miles) or so from there on to Soso from Mize. It would possibly be almost an hour to drive to Soso, or around 50 miles or so.

As I stated above, it very well may NOT be linked to Elizabeth's disappearance, but I cannot help but put them on a very short list of strange things happening in that community starting with her disappearance.

Employees at neighboring Dollar Generals robbed at gunpoint the same night

6. Darling136

Darling136 Staff member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

7. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

Good News!

8. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

Wow! Great news! Man, oh man, I wonder what happened?