MS - Enna Barreto, 2, dies in squalid New Albany home, 19 May 2008 *Arrests*

They certainly don't appear to have been starving all this time. I'm terrified to learn who this child is and how they came to have him/her.

I appreciate you coming to update this thread with this joyful news. It is about time...long past time. Another little one rescued. Good God, what a story.

They were caught selling dvds in a parking lot. 'Nuff said.

Sell all the dvds you want. Babies? Not so much.

Maybe they are kidnapping children from here in the states and just saying their from Guatemala.

:woohoo:

I've been waiting years for this wonderful news!

Anything's possible. I hope it's not a trafficking issue. I suspect it is. MOO.

:eek: Good heavens!

They had a child with them!

How? Where? Why?

These 's are like children hoarders.

(CNN) -- For five years, they pursued her, always one step behind as she used aliases and altered her appearance to elude them.
But Janet Killough Barreto's luck ran out at a shopping mall in Portland, Oregon, where the U.S. Marshals Service caught up with her -- the lone female fugitive in their 15 Most Wanted list.
"The crimes they are alleged to have committed are nothing short of horrendous and despicable," Union County, Mississippi, Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said, about Barreto and her husband. His department aided in the search because her alleged crimes took place in his jurisdiction.
"Now it is time to let justice be served."

140814054029-janet-killough-barreto-story-top.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/14/justice/lone-female-fugitive/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

And hopefully it finally will be served

This woman undoubtedly melts down gummy bears in a spoon and injects them.

This woman undoubtedly melts down gummy bears in a spoon and injects them.
OMG that made me laugh so hard
She is clearly a disturbed woman....my goodness she purposely went to other countries to adopt children so she could abuse them. Terrible things her and her husband did

OMG that made me laugh so hard
She is clearly a disturbed woman....my goodness she purposely went to other countries to adopt children so she could abuse them. Terrible things her and her husband did

Couldn't agree with you more! Where ya from, Calgary or Edmonton? Ontario here

http://www.cdispatch.com/news/article.asp?aid=38964

The Mississippi Department of Corrections says 43-year-old Janet Barreto died of natural causes shortly after 9 a.m. Wednesday at Central Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson...

Janet Barreto pleaded guilty to six counts of child endangerment, three counts of child abuse and one count of manslaughter. She was sentenced in September to 25 years in prison.

Ramon Barreto is awaiting trial.

This is sickening. I just don't understand why. All those poor babies:( I'm glad they've been arrested.

June 2015:

Several cases were tentatively scheduled for trial, including the case of Ramon Barreto, husband of the late Janet Barreto, but all were settled or continued...

Court officials say Ramon was allowed to plead under an arrangement to avoid trial but repeatedly reneged on that pleading when appearing before a judge. Prosecutors are now wanting to go to trial with him, although it may be delayed and possibly moved due to local publicity the couple received over the years.

http://newalbanygazette.com/2015/06...ued-but-sentences-given-in-child-abuse-cases/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back