MS MS - Hattiesburg, WhtMale 22-28, UP4746, hit by car, 'Steve Hex (Hicks)', red hair/freckles, Dec'98

Can you send the original info only members of that board can see it otherwhise it asks for a login.

Most of the posts for that topic are just links- but here's one of the posts:

Thanks for Truthseeker making a call, She found out our Steve Hex has been ID'd as Michael Curry...

This man was ID'd. Name Michael Curry. The story ran on AMW and that is how the ID took place. It happened right before the trial for the person who hit him.

I asked him for a date of Identification, he said he couldn't remember.

Thank You Truthseeker!!!!

This guy is still showing up UID in Doenetwork and NCMA. I searched AMW for it, but couldn't find it. Do you have the link for the AMW? I wonder where the guy was from originally. Thanks.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh thisss is so great!!! i'm glad they know who he is!! I wondered alot about this poor guy!

Thanks, jeez, I wonder what tf he meant with Steve Hex, it looks in no way like Michael Curry.

They did ask him after he was hit by a car. If you look at his 'after' picture - the one with him in the gown, its obvious he had suffereed some sort of head trauma.

"Steve Hex" could have been the guy he had dinner with, a cousin, best friend, guy who picked on him in high school, a name on a tag from someone who he bought a coffee from at 7-11. Anything! And add to that he was probably speaking with some sort of an accent (whether 'southern' or an impediment caused by the accident).

It might not have even been a name at all - the people in charge might have just thought they heard a name from something relatively unintelligible because that was the question they asked.

It makes you wonder how many of these cases where there are judicial issues involved have been solved and could be removed by making simple phone calls. This case always interested me and I thought it was so sad he died without his family or someone who cared about him being there with him. Trauma like that is rough to deal with even when you have a decent support system...imagine just having unfamiliar faces around you.

This guy is still showing up UID in Doenetwork and NCMA. I searched AMW for it, but couldn't find it. Do you have the link for the AMW? I wonder where the guy was from originally. Thanks.

I looked, but I can't find anything right now- I'll try and look on the captured page

It might take DoeNet time to list him as ID'd- it took them a long time to finally put 21UFCA on the Identified page

Yes but I was more thinking they shouldn't have given this info if this was so unsure unless the guy really said that but I was wondering if they hadn't changed sthg who was not at all that into a name, then it is rather misleading.

They did ask him after he was hit by a car. If you look at his 'after' picture - the one with him in the gown, its obvious he had suffereed some sort of head trauma.

"Steve Hex" could have been the guy he had dinner with, a cousin, best friend, guy who picked on him in high school, a name on a tag from someone who he bought a coffee from at 7-11. Anything! And add to that he was probably speaking with some sort of an accent (whether 'southern' or an impediment caused by the accident).

It might not have even been a name at all - the people in charge might have just thought they heard a name from something relatively unintelligible because that was the question they asked.

It makes you wonder how many of these cases where there are judicial issues involved have been solved and could be removed by making simple phone calls. This case always interested me and I thought it was so sad he died without his family or someone who cared about him being there with him. Trauma like that is rough to deal with even when you have a decent support system...imagine just having unfamiliar faces around you.

Yes but I was more thinking they shouldn't have given this info if this was so unsure unless the guy really said that but I was wondering if they hadn't changed sthg who was not at all that into a name, then it is rather misleading.

I dont know.. I think its kinda good to release whatever information he said.. the steve hex name might not mean a thing to us.. but it may mean alot to a person looking for him..... maybe that was a good friends name, or family member...... or maybe he was on the run or something and didnt wanna give his real name... I just cant wait to hear what happened!! I hope they give more information about this guy.

I've often wondered about this guy, too. I'm sorry no one got to him in time :(

I think there won't be more info unless you ask LE, they already did nothing about him after the accident they still won't do anything now unless AMW wants some publicity. In many cases nothing is said about identifications and in this case as I said they did nothing to get him id'd after the accident, well probably a bit but very little, not necessarily LE's fault though it could be media's fault so I don't think they'll talk about him they'd better run away and hide. It's such a shame that they find people alive and don't publicize their cases. Can you believe the only time someone recognized an amnesia victim on my site, she called and they told her he had died a few weeks before I was disgusted. It was her brother. I think she felt bad but that wasn't really her fault more LE, hospital and media who had just ran maybe two articles about this man being found. And it wasn't even in her state that he was found I think.

I'm mostly a lurker who pops up every once in a while to throw my two cents in..... Did anyone ever look into jodierenee's suggestion regarding Steven Gonzales? The pictures are VERY similar. I think mostly it's the eyes.....

I think that would be great to look into!! maybe get some more info or something somehow that way :) maybe he mumbled out his last name and it sounded like hex?

But I could of swore there was a thread awhile back about this guy being Identified (But maybe it was a different case??) I thought I remember at the time trying to find out information about the name and couldnt find anything about that (cant remember it now) I think someone suggested calling the center to see if they'd confirm if his identity is still unknown or what....

I think that would be great to look into!! maybe get some more info or something somehow that way :) maybe he mumbled out his last name and it sounded like hex?

But I could of swore there was a thread awhile back about this guy being Identified (But maybe it was a different case??) I thought I remember at the time trying to find out information about the name and couldnt find anything about that (cant remember it now) I think someone suggested calling the center to see if they'd confirm if his identity is still unknown or what....

Yes you are right. I dont know if there was ever confirmation of this, but here is the link to the post you are referring too.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52808

wonder if anyone ever called again......I know sometimes there's listings on sites still after they've been found or identified.....

I forwarded the info to the email on Steven's doe network page. We'll see what happens.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back