MS MS - Jarrod Johnston, 18, Yazoo City, 7 July 2007

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by neverletgo, Apr 5, 2013.

1. teeandcee

teeandcee Well-Known Member

I just watched this on Disappeared too. So sad to hear his father died without ever knowing.

What perplexes me is his girlfriend didn't hear from him for 3 or more weeks and seemed to not find this alarming. Maybe they were just friends and the show was playing up the girlfriend angle into more than it really was. It seems like if they were truly boyfriend/girlfriend they'd speak more often than that. She didn't know he was missing till his family called her.

Damarna and gregjrichards like this.
  2. indridcold

indridcold New Member

I'd love some more press on this case, it's as fascinating as it is devastating with all of its twists and turns...
    Am I missing something though? I knew of the drifter that was later ID'd as not being Johnston, but why is the case somehow considered closed by some resources. He had a casefile on Charley Report, but it has since been removed.

Damarna likes this.
  3. justagirl247

justagirl247 New Member

If I am remembering correctly all the social media accounts for him have also been very quite for awhile now ... I follow a lot and none as quite as his

Damarna likes this.
  4. SaucyGal

SaucyGal I speak 3 languages - English, sarcasm, & profanit

I'm currently watching Jarrod's story. I am really touched by this story. My eldest son is in his mid-twenties, mentally ill, and had issues with drugs in the past. My son disappears at times and I always wonder if it will be the last time I will hear from him/see him. My heart goes out to this family. Keeping positive thoughts that he will be found alive and as healthy as possible.

Damarna and gregjrichards like this.
  5. Gtcomo

Gtcomo New Member

Damn, life can be so hard for teenagers..... So sad.. Hope he's alive!

Damarna likes this.
  6. modessitt

modessitt New Member

Just joined.

I watched the "Disappeared" episode recently. With Jarrod's interest in music, I wondered if he might have found his way to Austin, TX eventually as we have a big music scene. SXSW music festival just ended.

But today, I was out eating with my family and a youngish homeless man came in carrying a worn guitar case on his back. He got some free water and a nice lady bought him some food. He kind of looked familiar, and I wondered if it might be Jarrod after all? I wasn't able to talk to him (I have two very small children who were keeping me occupied), but I was able to get a picture from my car. I posted it on the Yazoo County Sherriffs Facebook page (I couldn't find an email adress) and sent a message to the Find Jarrod Johnston Facebook page, but it hasn't been updated in 6 years so it might not be functioning now that his father has passed away. His father also posted on the Yazoo Sherriffs page that they weren't doing anything to look for him so that might not have helped anyway.

Anyway, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up if it's not him, but I couldn't take the chance it was and I didn't say anything. If anyone has a family contact who could check the photo, let them know.

The problem is, there are so many people around our town who look like this - a homeless guy carrying a guitar - that they just fade into the background. I'm sure someone somewhere may be missing this young man, even if he's not the one being sought in this thread.

Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Dixie811

Dixie811 New Member

I think the individual above has much larger lips than Jarrod and looks younger than 27. That being said, I think it is great to be aware and keep an eye out. You never know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain Red Rose

Watching his Disappeared episode again...

9. Damarna

Damarna Well-Known Member

Bumping for Jarrod.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

10. Jarrodsmom

Jarrodsmom New Member

Missing Jarrod so much! I believe is is still alive and we just want him to come home. I love you Jarrod! You have a sister and nieces and nephews who look forward to meeting you! You are my light and my joy. Please come home!

Damarna likes this.
  11. Jamjam15

Jamjam15 New Member

This case just bothers me so much:( I wonder if any searches have been done, any of his belongings have been found or pawned. I hope this case gets closure soon. I'm really hoping there will be answers soon. Someone has to know something. He can't just vanish into thin air. was there any news reports for him and info on his belongings? Such as his guitar and hat? They should put that info on the news somehow, if they haven't. My heart goes out to his family. I really wish there was something I could do to help. There has to be some information. Have a blessed day, and praying for Jarrod to come home soon

12. Jamjam15

Jamjam15 New Member

Is there any new information on his case? Any of his belongings found? :( I can't believe how little information is out there on him. I'm praying for him to return home

13. Grifflaur

Grifflaur New Member

I just saw his story on Disappeared and was heartbroken and decided to search in TX. I came across this article but it's from 2016 but it's got okay pics. I wanted to share just in case. His eyes seemed similar but not sure the nose! It's hard to tell with the time that has passed. The man is homeless and the woman in the article does have a current Facebook account. {Also, the Find Jarrod Johnston FB account really should be kept up with. It was hard to find where to send info other than a phone call and since I didn't see him in person, I felt the phone call wasn't the best option. I don't want to provide bad info or get hopes up but I really want to help.} I pray for him to be found!

http://nicerdays.org/good-samaritan-homless-man-dog/

Damarna likes this.
  14. 4SAM

4SAM Kentucky - Texas - Kansas - Missouri

I also watched the rerun of ID on Jarrod. Do guitars have serial numbers? Way to locate or trace them?

15. MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain Red Rose

Missing for 10 years. I hope there will be answers soon.

16. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

Jarrodsmom only posted this one time. 11-13-16. I wonder if she will get a notification from this? Perhaps she could return, become a VI, and fill in all of you Websleuths with details galore?

Wishful thinking, I know. Sigh.

Damarna likes this.
  17. Jamjam15

Jamjam15 New Member

Me too! Someone has to know something! I hope Jarrod is safe and returns home!

Damarna likes this.
  18. Jara75

Jara75 New Member

Is he still missing? Im from Finland, just watch the show of him, and wonder...10year has gone, so sad.

19. Seifert79

Seifert79 Member

There is a "Disappeared Epilogue" blog that lists the status of each person featured on Disappeared...he's listed as "Missing": http://disappeared-epilogue.blogspot.com/p/quick-info-status-of-each-person.html

He's also listed on NamUs:
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5502/6/

According to "Project Jason" his father Stephen Johnston sadly passed away in August of 2015:
    https://projectjason.org/forums/topic/916-missing-man-jarrod-johnston-ms-07072007/

20. margol29

margol29 Member

I checked out that page and it hasn't been updated in a while. There have been remains found for some of the individuals.