MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the press conference on Thursday, LE has talked to individuals that saw Jessica after the gas stop. Therefore, LE must have a tighter idea of both location and time frame between gas station and 911 call. They are keeping info close to the vest while they wait for critical evidence from ME, ATF, cell phone, etc before they make any big moves. It sounds like they don't want to rule out any theories until they have confirmed evidence and witness accounts.

Autopsy results expected soon in Jessica Chambers death

Family members will remember the 19-year-old Saturday during a closed-casket funeral service at Wells Funeral Home in Batesville, Mississippi at 2 p.m. People who can't attend the service will be able to watch the service online via the funeral home's website. http://www.wellsfuneralhome.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2851335&fh_id=11662
Direct link for webcast of the funeral

Friday, at a visitation at the funeral home, loved ones will get a chance to write farewell messages on Chambers' white casket with red and green markers for the holidays.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/27615099/autopsy-results-expected-soon-in-jessica-chambers-death?utm_source=NeoMemphis&utm_medium=twitter

:rose:

The similarities in cases are really creepy. Has me wondering if there's some connection. Looks like the prior case was about 2 hours away.

Also got me wondering more about her final words to the responders. Her words were probably pretty mumbled/whispered. Perhaps one of the names was Derrick/Derek or Turner.
Police could be interviewing many possibly connected people, and this guy was at the top of their list thanks to his prior history. The channel 5 news report said he was picked up on a probation violation, per the DA. I agree w others that he seemed confused.

RIP Jessica. Prayers to her friends & family

I read the court case particulars; and although there appears to be some similarities, the two DTs are different individuals. There's a blog picture of the 34 year old, 2001, murderer available if you Google the exact title "Elderly Mississippi Woman Beaten To Death In Her Home" (see bottom of page). I doubt seriously that there is any connection to the Jessica Chambers investigation.

This was not accident, IMO. And how evil is the person that would do such a horrible thing? My best guess is that she knew the person who did this. Met up with him (or her I suppose) and something bad went down. The person used the fire as a means to try to destroy an evidence.

I cannot imagine the pain she was in when found and, therefore, and not 100% confident that if she did say something, it wasn't out of complete shock/deliria from the pain--she may not have even been aware of what she was saying.

Very sad. I hope an arrest is made soon!

I agree 100% but will add that I think it's possible that a female or multiple females were involved. But, LE did interview a man (who was released), so perhaps she did give them the name of a male or multiple males, if some of these reports are correct. I think a rape occurred, but in our area (not MS, though near), we have seen the most horrendous crimes committed by female teen-age peers of the victims.

From the beginning, I thought this was a female led attack. Either planned or carried out. I don't know why, but it was my first thought.

<snip> The man who can be seen in the video filling a gas can has been cleared by authorities.

BBM

http://www.waff.com/story/27586665/...chambers-murder-investigation-no-arrests-made

What about this person, wonder if she has been questioned, if she's been cleared? She appears in this video http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...chambers-murder-investigation-no-arrests-made @ about the 00:54 mark, to walk from the rear of Jessica's car, passes the man in the stripped shirt, and continues on behind the white van. She appears to be talking on a cell phone.

This Person.jpg[

My first instinct when I first heard and read about this was that someone from the gas station followed her after she left, forced her off the road.....did whatever they did for 90 minutes, and then lit the car and Jessica on fire afterwards.

I find it hard to believe that either she or her family would mix company with someone that was capable of doing something like this. Just because she whispered a name, doesn't mean she was totally familiar with the perp, it could just be someone she knows from the community. Hopefully it wasn't some generic name like Billy or Bobby or James.

BBM

I wondered if the name sounded like 'Derrick' since they picked up that acquaintance of hers named Derrick and held him for a couple of days. Mayeb they were just checking him out cuz of his name?

Jessica Chambers' mother's plea: 'Please come forward' with information

The U.S. Marshals upped the ante overnight, offering a $10,000 reward in addition to the $1,000 already offered by CrimeStoppers.

As Jessica Chambers' family prepared for her wake on Friday, they begged anyone with information about her death to come forward.

If there's anyone with information that could lead to the identification and apprehension of the killer, authorities, family members and friends of the teen who was burned alive have been hoping they will come forward, but so far there's nobody authorities are even qualifying as a "person of interest."

More and video http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/12/officials-11000-reward-for-information-in-jessica-chambers-case/20297505/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Youtube CCTV video is full of editing, and therefore highly suspect since the manipulation moves through several speed changes, different cam views, and back-and-forth timespans, etcetera. Is there a better, less manipulated version?

Edit added

I searched the board and found a more useful version posted on FB.

The problem I have with this story is: the person Jessica Chambers waves to. Theoretically that person is the last person to have seen and spoken with Chambers. To date, I do not believe I have seen any information about that person. This seems extraordinarily significant.

I do not have a link to it now, but I remember a post here with a statement from LE, saying that they talked to the person she waved to and it was a friend that has been cleared of any connection to the crime. I think it was just a friend she said hello to.

Re the video. What's up with the female clerk wearing pink and an apron and fedora, going in and out of the store, handing items to guys that are standing outside? Is this drug activity?

Frustrating. I can't imagine how her family is coping.
It seemed like there might be an arrest forthcoming when Jessica was able to say a name or two when she was found.
Hope justice comes soon, and there are times "An eye for an eye" would be well-deserved ; in this case. This seems like a case for the DP.
:moo:
What a horrible way to go !
My utmost condolences to all who loved her.
Fly with the angels, Jessica !!!!

The Clarion-Ledger reported this afternoon that coroner Gracie Gulledge said the autopsy reports would not be available before the weekend. She also would not elaborate on what forensic experts are looking for in the autopsy results.

Do we know why DT was detained for two days? Why would they detain someone to jail? If they're just being interrogated aren't they allowed to leave whenever they wish? Sorry if I missed something about that.

It's been reported that she said something to the fireman when he arrived at the scene. Could it have been a name that SOUNDED like DT? Maybe, Eric, Erica, etc. but they couldn't quite make it out? Does she have any friends with names that sound like his?

Just a thought...

Do we know why DT was detained for two days? Why would they detain someone to jail? If they're just being interrogated aren't they allowed to leave whenever they wish? Sorry if I missed something about that.

It's been reported that she said something to the fireman when he arrived at the scene. Could it have been a name that SOUNDED like DT? Maybe, Eric, Erica, etc. but they couldn't quite make it out? Does she have any friends with names that sound like his?

Just a thought...

In the article posted way upthread somewhere, it said that Derrick was picked up on a parole violation. So I think they put him in jail for a bit so he could work that out and they could interrogate him a bit. And I agree about the name thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam