https://tinyurl.com/vgzuyp5

MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #8

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by bessie, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATasteOfHoney

ATasteOfHoney Well-Known Member

Good point.....if JC was "paranoid" and since has been murdered, perhaps she had reason to be paranoid.

2. FelicityLemon

FelicityLemon Well-Known Member

Most of us have known all along, but there was at least one person insisting we prove that it WASN'T a battered women's shelter because that's what Ben Chambers had said.

3. Han

Han Well-Known Member

I for one would want to know.

4. Ms Pragmatic

Ms Pragmatic Active Member

A mother's first instinct is to protect their child. That doesn't end when that child dies. Of course Lisa would want her daughter painted in the best light. Hard to imagine her saying well, Jessica was a little b****. JC was 19. Of course her mom didn't know everything she was up to.

5. anonone

anonone Former Member

6. anonone

anonone Former Member

7. flatfootjoe

flatfootjoe New Member

I have a great deal of experience as a parent of three children, two of which went through periods of very troubling behavior in their teens. There are occasions where involving LE, that make the gravity of their actions substantive. (Forgive me for that last sentence, it reads like word salad to me right now, but I'm hard pressed to express it any better at the moment.) Actions have consequences, some behavior has to be met with an equally serious reaction. I have done it both to serve as a punitive measure, and also to protect the child from their own demeanor or involvement in illegal activity.

It's not a matter of the absence or deficiency of compassion, it's quite the contrary. When children are finding their wings, many of them, myself as a child included, stray very far from a good path. Some venture into very dangerous waters, metaphorically speaking. I pulled out no stops to protect my kids, even when the consequences were very serious or would have limited their liberty.

8. Han

Han Well-Known Member

Well I don't know if this was me, but if it was I offer you my most sincere apologies. All I knew about Leah's house was what I could understand from a picture I saw. And then we couldn't talk about it here because it wasn't confirmed. So anyway I'm sorry you've had to put up with what must have seemed like abuse.

9. SStarr33

SStarr33 Inactive

Lisa is feisty as heck on FB. I wonder if she had stage fright.

10. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

my edit

If the father's statements came from another source -- other than from one who is a direct victim of this horror, I mean, and whose words must thus be seen in that terrible light -- I would find them very suspicious.

So that hasn't helped matters. If his information is indeed "inside stuff," I can only smh at the unprofessional action of the person(s) doing the telling.

11. Han

Han Well-Known Member

On JusticeForJessica? Haven't been following that you've peaked my interest.

12. SStarr33

SStarr33 Inactive

Her mom said she kind of lived with him for 6 months but came home to eat and shower. ETA--Lisa and Jessica's sister made the comments about it on Tom Dee's page.

13. flatfootjoe

flatfootjoe New Member

I can't imagine after enduring the pain, the grief and the uncertainty she's been bearing, being able to continue without some form of sedation or deep meditation. The grief I endured (and still do) with my son is akin to unbearable at times. While he suffered the same ultimate fate that Jessica did, fortunately he did not suffer the the violent death Jessica did. I can't imagine as a parent, having to relive the experience she must believe her daughter endured.

I too commend her speaking of and remembering her daughter publicly. I'm not really sure why she did (not questioning her motive) I'm not sure what purpose she felt it would serve. I haven't heard the interview yet, I'm certain hearing it will serve to illustrate the why.

Tranquilizers are wonderful treatment for an overstimulated mind, but as you so accurately observed, are conducive of very relaxed demeanor, and sometimes confused or disconcerted behavior.

14. SStarr33

SStarr33 Inactive

15. Leischa

Leischa Active Member

It is possible that Jessica's mother had to call the cops one day because Jessica's behaviour was strange and/or threatening.

I have a life experience to share with you. About three years ago, my father lived with one of my brothers (who was 25 at the time). My brother started drinking socially, and then alone at home. One night, my father had to call my sister because my brother was chasing him through the house, making threats to kill him. My father got out of the house, wearing only pajama bottoms, with no car keys, afraid that my brother would come and get him outside. My sister arrived just in time. He jumped into her car and she managed to drive out of the driveway before my brother could get to the car.

This was the first time that was my brother was acting like that so my father didn't press charges but urged him to stop drinking. Then, about one month later, while my father was away at friends', my brother nearly destroyed the house. He broke everything in sight (even the basement staircase, toilet seats, TVs, etc) and emptied a fire extinguisher in the bedrooms. When he came home, my father called the police. Yes, he loved my brother but he was now afraid of him, and also the insurance company told him that he had to press charges otherwise he wouldn't be covered.

It turned out that my brother has a mental disorder called borderline personality that gets aggravated by alcohol abuse. He had to go to therapy and even to mental institutes. Twice.

Why am I sharing this? Because, as you said, it usually does take a lot for a parent to call the police on their children. But it does happen. And mental illnesses are often not diagnosed until something big happens. Moreover, most parents won't dare to speak about it to others in fear of judgement.

In Jessica's case, perhaps she had a mental illness. Perhaps she was using drugs that caused her to get paranoid and then act violently or in a very weird way. Drugs make people do strange things sometimes. Or perhaps she was just a typical 19 year old teenager girl having trouble to get along with her parents.

16. Leischa

Leischa Active Member

Tranquilizers do make people confused at times and so does PTSD. Lisa must have been living in a sort of haze since her daughter's death.

17. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

18. FelicityLemon

FelicityLemon Well-Known Member

OH my gosh = NONONONO! Not you :D You've always been open minded that I remember and I enjoy reading your comments!

19. New1

New1 Member

You can't press charges for paranoia, can you?

20. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

Not that I've ever heard. So many missing pieces to the story.imoo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.