MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Just, wow! Justice...finally!

Had he been on LE's radar this entire time or was new information just uncovered? People around Jessica must have known she had just started dating Tellis in the few weeks before her death, right? Or maybe the two of them kept it on the down-low because he had a fiancé (only an assumption because six months after Jessica was killed, Tellis got married)?

So many questions! Too many to list before getting the kids off to school. RIP Jessica!

ETA: He got married the day Meing-Chen's body was found.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hambers-death-Mississippi-year-dead-road.html

It will be interesting to see how the facts line up in JC's case. Placing QT at the scene of the crime is foremost. Secondly it seems odd that an imbecile who uses his latest murder victim's ATM card for 7-cents within hours of her murder, and then repeats additional transactions shortly after that, did nothing similar in JC's murder.

How probable is it that QT could remain so invisible for so long?

Probably thought he was invincible after getting away with JC's murder for so long. And he got more daring.

I find it super-hard to believe (as I'm sure everyone else does) that so many people close to Tellis knew nothing about his connection to the murder of Jessica.

I surely hope that LE rounds up all these people that had zipper-lip this whole time and arrest them too for aiding and abetting!

There's plenty of connections to be made from the Panola police logs and FB out there that will show these people had to have known something IMO.

Why was the "community" so quiet about this guy? Did he have help? Did her friends know they were dating? So many questions...

I have to go to work , of course this couldn't have happened yesterday when my whole state was practically shut down !
I will check back in to see if anyone has found a link for those of us who are suppose to be working to listen to the PC.....
Lots of chatter about other indictments....curious to see how it all plays out .
I'm praying that they have what they need to nail a conviction...,one thought that occurs to me is, where, oh where in that community will they find an unbiased, or not afraid jury to convict this ?

I have not followed this case. Just saw the headline of an indictment and came here. Can someone tell me what the connection is between Jessica & this guy & what possible motive. TIA

I find it super-hard to believe (as I'm sure everyone else does) that so many people close to Tellis knew nothing about his connection to the murder of Jessica.

I surely hope that LE rounds up all these people that had zipper-lip this whole time and arrest them too for aiding and abetting!

There's plenty of connections to be made from the Panola police logs and FB out there that will show these people had to have known something IMO.

This ^^^^^^
Has me wondering where they will get jury willing to convict him ?
It would be such a travesty to come this far and. Not be able to nail a conviction. I'm hoping for a change of venue for this one ..l

I have not followed this case. Just saw the headline of an indictment and came here. Can someone tell me what the connection is between Jessica & this guy & what possible motive. TIA

I don't think we know the motive but I did read this morning they had been in some type of relationship before she was murdered.

I think he's certainly capable of committing murder on his own. There don't seem to be other suspects in Hsiao's murder. The guy is ruthless. Others might have figured it out after the fact, but I wouldn't expect them to come forward. They would've kept quiet out of "loyalty", or fear of being labeled a snitch. But it's also possible others were involved. Maybe we'll have a better idea after the presser.

I am very curious to know how he came to be a suspect. Someone finally must have talked. Or did evidence from Hsiao's murder link him to Jessica?

I have to go to work , of course this couldn't have happened yesterday when my whole state was practically shut down !
I will check back in to see if anyone has found a link for those of us who are suppose to be working to listen to the PC.....
Lots of chatter about other indictments....curious to see how it all plays out .
I'm praying that they have what they need to nail a conviction...,one thought that occurs to me is, where, oh where in that community will they find an unbiased, or not afraid jury to convict this ?

Here is the link Tom Dees posted http://www.fox13memphis.com/live-stream

He says he will have updates during the day. I presume the presser will be shown live too.

I think he's certainly capable of committing murder on his own. There don't seem to be other suspects in Hsiao's murder. The guy is ruthless. Others might have figured it out after the fact, but I wouldn't expect them to come forward. They would've kept quiet out of "loyalty", or fear of being labeled a snitch. But it's also possible others were involved. Maybe we'll have a better idea after the presser.

I am very curious to know how he came to be a suspect. Someone finally must have talked. Or did evidence from Hsiao's murder link him to Jessica?

I'm wondering if maybe this came about as a result of those 17 that were brought in in various charges ? Perhaps it was in one of their best interest to "trade information "

Bringing this post forward from @Classito 10-15-2015. BBM

Not sure if anyone saw this...Michael D Eubanks was arrested in Louisiana on assault/arson charges in August of this year...Used gasoline...He is also listed as a registered sex offender in Courtland MS and was living in Courtland at the time of JC's murder

http://www.hannapub.com/ouachitacit...cle_c3cad286-3fbf-11e5-a734-4b7e197b182c.html

[video=youtube;h4qHhTuoSHw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4qHhTuoSHw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

He is the one talking at the end of this news video.."Family and friends attend services for Jessica Chambers"

West Monroe man arrested on assault, arson charges

Aug 15, 2015

Ouachita Parish Sheriff's deputies arrested a West Monroe man on Sunday on several charges including aggravated arson after several violent incidents at a West Monroe home.
According to witness' accounts reported in the arrest affidavit, the suspect, Michael D. Eubanks, 28, of 106 Lenwil St., West Monroe, struck the first victim multiple times with a closed fist. When the second victim tried to leave the house on two separate occasions, Eubanks physically prevented her from leaving.

Eubanks entered the home with a jug of gasoline and a lighter and told them he would burn the home down and kill both victims. Eubanks then left the home and ran to the house next door. Eubanks set fire to the front step of the house while three people were inside the house.

[...]

http://www.hannapub.com/ouachitacit...cle_c3cad286-3fbf-11e5-a734-4b7e197b182c.html

http://www.bustedoffenders.com/louisiana/west-monroe/sex-offenders/michael-dewayne-eubanks/2395594

Nothing from LE,to indicate serial killer BUT comment the perp had done this before!
Three Types of Serial Killers
Thrill Seekers: Outsmarting law enforcement is a game, enjoys media attention
Mission Oriented: Doing society a favor by eliminating certain people such as prostitutes.
Power and Control: Enjoy the victim's terror, suffering and screaming.
Souvenirs and Serial Killers: Mementos of the victims.
Souvenirs: Personal items to enjoy memories of the crime.

Signatures
Some serial killers leave signatures include posing, concealing victims or inserting objects in the bodies after death for the killers gratification. As the need to punish and degrade victims intensifies they may develop unique preferences which becomes their signature.​

I'm wondering if maybe this came about as a result of those 17 that were brought in in various charges ? Perhaps it was in one of their best interest to "trade information "

According to to the link from Arkansas website Nov 18,2015, GoHard Tellis was 'on the radar for a murder in Ms. This is prior to the roundup you are referring to.
Authorities say Tellis may also be related to a homicide in Mississippi.
<snip>
http://www.myarklamiss.com/news/local-news/updates-in-for-murder-of-ulm-foreign-exchange-student[/QUOTE]

:cow:

Could be. But ya know, Cubbee, for all of the theories of conspiracies and gang activity, I won't be at all surprised to hear that he acted alone. This is a creep who takes/gets/does what he wants, when he wants. That's no surprise, considering what was done to Jessica. We knew only a complete degenerate could be so cruel. But it was very evident as I read through his FB posts. I literally got a chill down my spine, and that's unusual for me.

I'm glad you made out okay yesterday. We were fortunate, too.

"She was found dead at her apartment in the 400 block of Filhiol Ave. Hsiao was found dead in an apartment Saturday night by someone who was checking on her, Monroe police detective Reggie Brown said. She had been reported missing for more than a week."

Aug 08 - Hsiao is found stabbed to death in her apartment after being missing for over a week.

I don't understand that^^^^. She was missing for a week, and was found dead in her apartment? Didn't anyone look for her in her home the first week?

I think it was champions interview around the anniversary that he mentioned nobody had refused to give a DNA sample and that they were building a database. That last part confuses me but I've wondered if they didn't have some DNA to work with. I don't know if his DNA would have been on file from his previous offenses but that might be a possibility as to why it took so long to put 2&2 together.

Having said that, even with the no snitching rule being in full effect, given the relationship, it's hard to believe he stayed off their radar this whole time.

I'm on Fox13 WHBQ Live Stream right now and it says that the time is 9:21 a.m. But it's 11:21 a.m. ET my time. The PC should be coming up in 8 mins. Or am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46