MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine how the Chambers family is feeling right now... My heart goes out to them...

All jmo.

Mimi, my apologies are extended. I knew it was not you who used the word "flirting" I included it my post because I have numerous tabs open for WS, MSM and Twitter. In my haste, to respond, I included the allegation as being improper consideration of the Judge's gesture.

I am surprised as everyone that this incident occurred and the reaction by LEO. But, that the one square mile that is Courtland and the adjoining city is Batesville, MS are places that do not wish for interlopers.

JMHO OMO OMHO

:loveyou: RBBM, De I know you didn't and also knew you knew was not me. We good. I just wanted to make sure that anyone reading did not misunderstand and think I had said. Whomever saw the post from the reporter was watching live chats on LawNewz. No doubt they reading here as well.

At least it's not an aquittal and thank goodness for that.

If the state does try this again, they really need to bring in a linguistic expert as well as spend more time on the severity of the injuries to JC's mouth, throat and larynx.

In addition, so many people are uanble to pay attention to much beyond a few snippets of anything they hear. So the first 8 witnesses or so were all about what JC said or what they thought they heard her say. That got stuck in some people's minds and they simply could not move on from that initial thought.

It's so ironic if JC had died at the scene without saying anything intelligible the jury might have been in full agreement on guilt. Her own desperate attempt to communicate is not letting her get justice for her murder.

No Verdict yet, they are still deliberating. And JMHO had JC passed at the scene it would have been a different investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
Most interesting to me was the photo was orig posted in the chat room on LawNewz. So someone def watching online chats there

"after posting the cotton stalk picture in our website’s chatroom" https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/live...hite-reporter/

What really happened is getting out in SM. Whether or not the MSM reports on it remains to be seen.

LawNewz is Dan Abrams trial site. This was one of his "producers". I sure it will be reported on, sadly. Especially if a verdict of guilt. but that is JMHO

[video=twitter;919985434402238464]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/919985434402238464[/video]

[video=twitter;919982838308413440]https://twitter.com/LawNewzNetwork/status/919982838308413440[/video]

UPDATE:
We have reached out to the Judge’s chambers for comment or an explanation and were told by a county representative, “Judge Chatham is not available to speak with the media at this time. He also did not remove anyone from the Panola County Courthouse nor did he give anyone a cotton stalk. The Judge has remained in his chambers when the court has been in recess during this current trial.”

Major Thompson, who also happened to be involved in the investigation for the murder trial then told LawNewz.com that he was the one who gave the cotton to the reporter, and that he was the one who ejected Jones. Thompson said that he banned Jones from county property, not the entire county as a whole, but did not provide any offense that Jones committed to support such an order. He accused Jones of “inappropriate conduct” for “making a racial issue out of something that has nothing to do with race,” even though her comment made no mention of race.

Most unfortunate. His lies and choosing death by fire for that young person seems to have paid off for him. Gangs are such a dangerous entity.

[video=twitter;919995700838006784]https://twitter.com/LeahBethFOX13/status/919995700838006784[/video]

WTH!

No they don't all agree. Then WHY did the jury foreman fill out the form? jeez.

Juror just said aloud to Judge:

We all did not agree on that verdict

You have got to be kidding me.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Judge called counsel to his chambers.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

What in the world??? Surely this jury knew they had to be unanimous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson