MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting:

http://people.com/crime/jessica-chambers-suspect-quinton-tellis-pleads-guilty-to-credit-card-crime/

CRIME

Suspect in Jessica Chambers Murder Pleads Guilty to Unlawful Use of Credit Card, Will Serve at Least 10 Years in Prison

Tellis used the credit card of Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, a former Taiwanese exchange student who was found dead in August, 2015 with multiple stab wounds, defensive wounds and slicing wounds in her upper back. Johnson says Tellis put approximately $2,300 in charges on the card.

Tellis’s attorney, Randall Donnell, tells PEOPLE: “Given the evidence and circumstances of the case, we worked out a plea agreement that was satisfacton to all parties.”

Tellis is the prime suspect in Hsaio’s death. Johnson says that he feels “very confident that he did it,” but he says the case is almost entirely circumstantial and he will not prosecute it unless Tellis is found not guilty in Chambers’s death.
“They have a much stronger case over there,” he says. “Ours is almost an entirely circumstantial case – there was a 10-day delay before we found the body.” Johnson added there’s no DNA evidence connecting him to the crime.

Didn't they find DNA of Tell*s on JC's discarded car keys?

interesting:

http://people.com/crime/jessica-chambers-suspect-quinton-tellis-pleads-guilty-to-credit-card-crime/

CRIME

Suspect in Jessica Chambers Murder Pleads Guilty to Unlawful Use of Credit Card, Will Serve at Least 10 Years in Prison

Tellis used the credit card of Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, a former Taiwanese exchange student who was found dead in August, 2015 with multiple stab wounds, defensive wounds and slicing wounds in her upper back. Johnson says Tellis put approximately $2,300 in charges on the card.

Tellis’s attorney, Randall Donnell, tells PEOPLE: “Given the evidence and circumstances of the case, we worked out a plea agreement that was satisfacton to all parties.”

Tellis is the prime suspect in Hsaio’s death. Johnson says that he feels “very confident that he did it,” but he says the case is almost entirely circumstantial and he will not prosecute it unless Tellis is found not guilty in Chambers’s death.
“They have a much stronger case over there,” he says.
“Ours is almost an entirely circumstantial case – there was a 10-day delay before we found the body.” Johnson added there’s no DNA evidence connecting him to the crime.

BBM

I agree, I believe this was a very strong case... Jessica deserved justice today...

All jmo.

interesting:

CRIME

“They have a much stronger case over there,” he says. “Ours is almost an entirely circumstantial case – there was a 10-day delay before we found the body.” Johnson added there’s no DNA evidence connecting him to the crime.

Oh no, not that word "circumstantial" again...

Got to say I have a lot of respect for the juror who literally stood up to be counted, when that flawed verdict was read out. That can't have been easy. I think I would have just been paralysed with confusion.

But QTs interviews were a part of this case so of course anyone here or the jury can weigh those interviews, and the lies he repeatedly told combined with the other case evidence. It was proven he lied. So the poster has ever right to include those interviews when believing he was proved guilty since it was a part of the state's case. IMO

i agree. Those interviews of QT by the investigators should have been very damning imo

well they better get him on one or the other. Otherwise he will be back out and do this again and again and again. I thought they were going to try him in Louisiana.

......just thinking out loud.....sometimes I wish we had professional jurors....

interesting:

CRIME

I wish websleuths had a thank you for posting this even though I don't like what it says button! Doesn't make me feel great if they don't think they have a strong case, but maybe they can pull it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it getting more difficult to convict in an entirely circumstantial case, even a strong one?

Maybe the puzzle is becoming too difficult to complete without the picture on the box

In most cases I think the jury gets it right, but in cases where there is a lot of technical evidence - like cell phone data and intricate timelines - your average jury won't be able to understand and process all the evidence.
If they choose to retry they can use testimony from this trial to impeach if necessary, correct?

......maybe we need a societal mandatory juror preparation certification class before one may be allowed to serve as a juror?

The first time,I realized prosecutors were drilling down on the 4 texts that graphically harped wanting sex ;I just wasn't sold. I just wasn't sure he'd kill & burn her because of her lack of interest in him. Tellis if not a member then at least he identifies with the Vice Lords. Members who subscribe to Vice Lord's ideology do not woo a young woman into sex. They have a gang mentality toward getting sex.

I am convinced like cady there's more. It appears there is a network that keeps this culture alive. I do not know who calls the shots but there is a network of criminals that strikes the 'fear of execution in a portion of the Courtland community. I believe therein lies at least a component of the motive for the firery torture and excruciating burning of Jessica Chambers.

I am devastated.

My opinion only.

:cow:

Some predators just can't take "no" for an answer. We've seen it time and time again. It has nothing to do with their gang affiliation & everything to do with the predator's psychopathy

So sad for Jessica's family. I hope he pleads out and her family does not have to go through this again. I am bowing out of this thread and encourage others to read previous posts before jumping in. It is often insightful and answers a lot of questions.

......maybe we need a societal mandatory juror preparation certification class before one may be allowed to serve as a juror?

YES! I've always thought that jurors should be required to pass a basic class prior to being qualified as a juror.

I don't think she was saying "Eric" - If she were unconscious when she was moved to the site and further when doused with gasoline, when she revived she would have had no idea what happened to her and may very well have been saying "car wreck" because that is what she perceived (if she was even able to process that). I don't think she was giving a name.

Wow what if she was saying wreck! The crime scene and investigation of it is where I couldn't get passed. After reading many insurance sites and looking at photos from time. The car was in that spot oddly. Car had much damage just looking at on tow truck and drag marks. Just my honest opinion

Some predators just can't take "no" for an answer. We've seen it time and time again. It has nothing to do with their gang affiliation & everything to do with the predator's psychopathy

I was getting ready to post a similar comment... This man is a monster, he has no respect for human life...

All jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member