MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!

What a day, eh??!!

cady said:
Well, what an ordeal....I ate a whole bag of popcorn between the first send back and now. Burp. JMO

and you didn't share.... :popcorn:

Crosby87 said:
snipped by me....
I believe Jessica was saying “car wreck” and one of the timelines said “for approximately ½ an hour, (10:15-10:47 a.m.), Chambers and Tellis were driving circles on Courtland’s backroads.”

Okay - forgive me, but I don't recall the poster who said they were choking on water.... but now you'll have to try it again and say "car wreck", and see if comes out as "Eric".....
:D

and WOW Crosby - I like your idea of doughnuts and having a "car wreck"!!

A car wreck set me on fire or Eric set me on fire :thinking:

Well, I guess I'll put this thread in my "further dates unknown" file....

You all can jump over to Mary Yoder's case....

Grasping at more straws . . . is it possible that gang members got to jurors????

If they didn't BEFORE they sure can now...after their names were revealed and their "guilty" votes declared. Geez.....JMO

Without going into or rehashing a lot of reasons why I think so, I am only going to say that it will be very difficult to get a conviction in this case with the current evidence. Would I convict based on it? Yes. Do I believe any random group of12 people from that area thrown together would? No.

100% agree...a re=trail unless extremely different and probably in different state (not happening on both ocunts) will have same result.

Grasping at more straws . . . is it possible that gang members got to jurors????

i think anything is possible in this one...anything. Clearly the fore person was not smart...however I did note that he voted guilty as the absurd roll call vote. If I had been that group I would have refused to announce my vote in that courtroom...they would have had to deal with me. No one should have been forced to do that in open court.

Thankyou Dear Clouseau for that snooze err I mean enlightening dissertation. I am going to throughly study ummmm and get back with you yeah I will contact you on your data points. I am sure this will led us to further enlightenment on the subject and Ummm thanks

Pulling your leg there my dear Inspector.:wink:

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I also wanted to point out reporter Therese Apel shared the timeline from the phone forensics testimony as delivered to the jury by prosecutors. She published it in the Clarion Ledger. I tried to link to her timeline but my link says I must be a subscriber. I copied and pasted the entire timeline in my iPad sticky app.Here is the portion of the phone florensics timeline I wanted to discuss:
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Between 6:30 p and 7:26 p Tellis is in the back of his mother's home with Jessica. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]7:26 p.m.[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIText] — Headlights appear and leave the driveway next to Tellis’ house, the area where he and Chambers were, according to the earlier timeline. Security video is too dark and grainy to see what kind of car, but authorities point out that the woman who lives there is at work and Tellis’ sister is inside the store.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]7:29 p.m.[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIText] — According to video, Tellis’ mother’s vehicle leaves the home; she goes to M&M where she will stay for around 20 minutes[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SFUIText]
[/FONT]
In my notes I have Quinton back at the M&M sometime between 8 and 9p.

What's with the M&M umm indeed? I will not not reiterate the degrees of separation from the M&M. But the light came on for me when AA posted the still smoldering Kia loaded on the tow truck on his FB page. Enough said by me. I'm devastated for Jessica and bitter.

I still feel the terrible effects from the hung jury verdict.I have so much affection for the Websleuths community for their steadfast support to find justice. God bless Jessica's family they are in my prayers.

Quinton Tellis has a evil heart and he is soulless All that has been written about him plus there is no doubt in my mind that he derived pleasure & prolonged the suffering of Mandy and Jessica.I pray he is executed for Mandy's tortured sadistic murder and for our precious Jessica I pray for justice.I remember on the CNN special several seasoned investigators saying they believe Mandy and Jessica may be the tip of the iceberg of QT depravity.

CNN has pulled their special that aired Sunday night and it cannot be viewed 'on demand'. Between the version on Sunday night and the reworked version I watched on the Tuesday rerun I noticed several 'key facts or discussion of missing pieces of the puzzle' were edited out. Very odd at least to me because they were key to the facts.Some poster asked and I looked into it and it is no longer available.
:cow:

thanks for info on that show. Must have been just like the trial.....I mean how often do they pull a show in the week where viewership would be at the highest. Actually fine with me...done with Quinton Tellis and hope that next trial get him.

100% agree...a re=trail unless extremely different and probably in different state (not happening on both ocunts) will have same result.

Could be in a different State if it were to be tried in Federal Court. No idea if that is possible. JMO Fed districts sometimes cover more than one state.

Hey!

What a day, eh??!!

and you didn't share.... :popcorn:

Okay - forgive me, but I don't recall the poster who said they were choking on water.... but now you'll have to try it again and say "car wreck", and see if comes out as "Eric".....
:D

and WOW Crosby - I like your idea of doughnuts and having a "car wreck"!!

A car wreck set me on fire or Eric set me on fire :thinking:

Well, I guess I'll put this thread in my "further dates unknown" file....

You all can jump over to Mary Yoder's case....

I'm on it! :)

Sorry for the long post but I thought it might be important to see it all together what some of the witness had to say on the stand. I re-watched some of the trial again and gathered some information in regards to what each attending to JC had to say on the stand. I may have misunderstood or misspelled names..sorry about that. The defense also did cross examination relying a lot on the attendants/witnesses written statement and I made note of that also on some. I may try and finish other witnesses who had contact and talk to Jessica later today...maybe. BTW I did not put all of the witnesses statement, just what was said between the attendant and JC and her condition at that time. MOO.

Cole H volunteer fire fighter arrived with Jody M. Cole testifying he couldn't understand JC well at all. He asked her her name and thought she said Jessica Tambers. He somewhat knew JC therefore he was able to make the connection she was JC. He said her voice was very garbled, he could barely understand her and she kept asking for water. He asked her what happened and she told him she was set on fire. Some words you could tell plainly what they were, but they were not clear. He asked her who did this to you and he could not make out anything she said. He claims the only time he heard a name was when Derek C, med stat and a deputy were there. They kept pushing Jessica for a name and finally he heard "them" say Eric. Cole said he wasn't asking her many questions because he realized it was hard for JC to talk and she kept fading in and out on him. Cole also stated the fire was contained to the inside of the car. Cross: In his statement December 7th/14, the day after attending the crime scene he wrote he asked JC what happened and she said someone set her on fire. Then he asked her who set her on fire and she said what sounded like Eric. He claims he was in a daze at the time of writing his statement and for weeks afterward. Upon further cross he said he could "barely" make out what she was saying. He also said JC said "I'm going to die." On the stand he said he didn't personally hear Eric but he was just going off of what others (Derek C) attending to JC said. Cole said on the stand, to know there are people out there that cruel he is still scared to leave his house. He is no longer on the Courtland fire department.

Jody M volunteer fire fighter of eight years, at the time of incident. Now resigned. Claimed fire was contained to car interior, flames coming out of passenger side. He had Seth C attend to the fire. Asked JC her name in the presence of Cole and she said Jessica Chambers. Asked if anyone else was in the car with her and she said no. He asked her what happened and she said Eric set me on fire. He mentions JC's sinus cavities were hanging out of her nose and she was having trouble breathing. Lips and tongue charred and third degree burns to her face. Her voice was deeper than his (Jody has a deep voice). Defense has him read from his statement "I kept asking her her name and what happened and she told "us" (Jody and Cole) Eric had set her on fire.

Seth C volunteer fire fighter for Courtland fire department. Gave testimony flames were contained to interior, can't recall fire coming from under hood or trunk compartment. Driver's door was open about half way. Claims car was parallel to fence and truck was pulled into lane way close to the car. Seth was in the passenger seat of fire truck and when he went to retrieve his jacket from the back, opened the door and saw a figure coming from the wooded area on his right, 30 to 40 feet on the north side. Then he said he bumped Jody on the arm motioning toward the figure, said he didn't know what it was walking down the road toward them. Jody backed truck up onto road to aim lights at figure. Saw female with frizzed out hair and as she got closer he could see she wasn't wearing any clothing just panties. Cole attended patient and Jody pulled the truck back into the lane way. Seth attended fire while Jody and Cole attended to JC. He knew JC from school. W Turner showed up and helped Seth with fire. Cross: asked Seth where he saw JC and he said coming out of the woods to the road on North side.

Derek C director of emergency operations of Panola county, fire department, he wears many "hats." Received phone call to attend scene of fire. Pulled upon scene to see female patient sitting on ground with two people attending to her. When he tried to speak to her it was real difficult, seemed as if her tongue was real thick, her lips were constricted. Tried to communicate with JC and it took multiple attempts, we got "Jessica" but it didn't sound like Jessica to him, sounded like Katina, Katrina, Courtney. Very chaotic, noisy, diesel truck, madhouse. She didn't speak loudly. Some things she said were clearer than others. He doesn't think he asked her what happened, perhaps who did this, not sure which question he asked her. The more questioned they asked, she would start out strong but she would get extremely breathy, very difficult to understand. Finally got her name and then when "they" asked who did this it took multiple attempts but he did hear "Eric did this to me." At one point Derek got frustrated because he couldn't hear JC and he believes she was frustrated also by the repeated questions. Very chaotic scene, people stepping over people, nervous people, people worrying about their own safety. Went with Darby to notify JC's parents. Cross: Detailed written statement and things JC said to him he put in quotations. He is reading from statement. I asked patient who she was and she stated "Jessica". I asked her "Jessica who", and after a couple times of not hearing her she said "Chambers." I then asked her what happened and she said "Eric set me on fire." Asked her again and she said "Eric set me on fire" multiple times. Asked for Eric's last name and she said she didn't know. He didn't ask again because she was shrugging her shoulders. Didn't put the names Katrina, Courtney in written statement because written within 12 hours of a very chaotic scene, saying he would have waited longer to process/write statement but was asked to get report done and handed in ASAP. He had another opportunity to talk to JC and that was in the ambulance. Two paramedics present (Casey A). He asked her again, "who did this" and JC responded with "Eric did this, he set me on fire." He asked "Eric who" and she gave him the same response like she didn't know. Three paramedics were present and acknowledge what she had said, he left the ambulance. Breathing laboured, speech struggled hard to get out but some things she said were clear. He gave same information Eric set JC on fire to law enforcement Edward D, Daryl H, Maurice M, Barry T (Barry T via phone). **Suspicious person on scene, older black person reported also.**

Brandy D EMS/volunteer fire fighter since 1994. First EMS to arrive upon scene. Arrived upon scene to find JC standing and told others (Cole) JC needed a blanket around her. Blanket put on JC and he put his jacket over her and laid her down behind the fire truck. He talked to her and asked her her name and she said "Jessica" and he asked Jessica who and she said "Chambers." He explained to her it was a crime scene and asked her "who did this to her" and she answered "Eric." He was able to keep her talking although he realized her health status was poor. He knew she was in distress and said she was a fighter trying to answer questions. Cross: Brandy wrote statement December 8th. In statement he wrote he asked her her name and she said JC. He asked her who did this to you and she said Eric. He asked what's Eric's last name and she replied Eric. In his mind, he thought, that she thought, he knew who Eric was. He then asked her again who did this to you and she replied Eric again. She was doing her best to answer. When Jessica was placed into the ambulance he went to the car and saw a can of **Freon on the passenger side, rear floor.** Redirect; Sandra EMS in attendance with Brandy.

Shane M Courtland fire department three years responded to fire. When he approached Cole was knelled down beside JC.
Cole, Seth and Jody on scene. He knew JC. Cole was holding JC's hand telling her to hang on, help was coming. Shane never
spoke directly to JC. Fire fighters arrived in droves and people were everywhere including "rubber neckers" on scene. Med stat arrive and he did his best to assist. Lots of people, vehicles and noise. Shane was present when Cole was speaking to JC but he couldn't understand what she was saying as he was standing and she was very faint in speaking. Cross: Claims he didn't write a very good statement the next day.

Will T volunteer fire fighter for Courtland. Came upon scene and helped get JC on ground. He saw her walking and described her walk as that of a zombie. Those in attendance were Cole, Jody, Daniel/(Derek C?) and Brandy. Did not know JC. Tried to talk to JC but because of too much commotion he moved away. **Spoke to suspicious middle aged black male, who seemed to stare right through Will. Will told him he had to leave. Male never responded but was looking at the car and the woods. As he walked away he looked back over his shoulder toward the trees. Initially he was wearing a blue shirt and (by the time he got out of his sight he had a white t-shirt on.) They got a tag # on him. ???** NOTE: Just had to bold this as it doesn't make sense the part in the bracket IMO. If the guy was out of sight how could Will tell what colour the guy's shirt was?? AND who is this mystery man?? Could he have been Eric? Perhaps an accomplish to QT?

Mrs. Haley volunteer for Pope fire department/EMS. Attended fire with husband (also a volunteer) and three grandchildren. Told grandchildren not to get out of car. Arrived at site where JC was on stretcher. She said she met JC at the ball field when JC was a child. She did not pay attention to what JC looked like, chaotic scene of noise and people around including "rubber necker."

Brandy asked Mrs. Haley what patient's name was and so Mrs. Haley asked what her name was but couldn't hear her. Second time she bend down low and asked again. JC said "Jessica." Mrs. Haley then told Brandy she said her name was Jessie, Jessica Chambers. She then asked who did this to you? Jessica responded "Eric" but claims you still couldn't hardly understand but you had to listen carefully.

Casey A EMS paramedic for about a year at the time of incident and part of Pope fire department. Arrived at scene and went straight to patient lying behind fire truck to do an assessment. Soon after he arrived the ambulance arrived. Did not know JC and didn't really talk to her until they were in the ambulance because of surrounding noise. Casey tried to ask her her name and JC kept saying "I'm cold, I'm cold," asked her who did this to you and the sound he got was "Eric or Derek"...hard to understand her. Slightly gargled, hard to understand. Mentally shocked repeating herself, wouldn't answer questions, asked her questions like who done it, skin colours, last night, she would just answer "I'm cold." Each question he asked she would just say "I'm cold." Once helicopter crew arrived Casey left care to air vac EMS. Cross: Daniel C also in ambulance may have asked Jessica her name also.

Mellisa Rogers Pope fire department EMS. When she arrived Cole was with JC and the others were at the car fire. She believe someone told her JC's name.

David G Volunteer fire fighter Pope fire department for 18 years. Arrived and found JC was on the ground. He heard people
asking her who did this and her response was Eric. The burns to her face and body, it was hard to understand what she was
exactly she saying. Her hair was singed, her face, mouth lips charred, when she breathed her nose skin came in and out as she tried to breath. Cross: Statement wrote CD1 asked name and she said name, asked who did this and she said "Eric."

Bradley D med stat employee EMT assistant and driver. Attended with paramedic Josh P. (Arrived at scene 8:29pm
departed 8:42pm, arrived at church 8:44pm waited for helicopter) Arrived to find JC lying on ground. Lips were leathery almost charred, face third degree burns, no eye lashes, eyebrows, singed hair. Said Daniel C got into ambulance with him and Josh and was asking JC questions. First time asked was hard to hear because of oxygen on her, her voice raspy, had trouble understanding what she was saying. He understood her to say "Eric." Other words were "thirsty" and "cold." Thirsty sounded like hirsty and cold sounded like code.

Josh P paramedic of two years at the time of incident. Did not know JC. Said she was able to tell them her name. Severe
burns from head to toe needed a helicopter. When they got her into the back of the ambulance they were trying to establish
information. She was able to tell them her name, garbled sounding, soot in airway. He heard her say "Eric or Derek" or something that sounded like that. Transferred to church parking lot to await for helicopter arrival and people continued to talk to her.

I had to leave for a business thing just as the chaos started yesterday. I am at a loss for words. I have never ever seen anything remotely like this before.

As terrible as we feel about this injustice for Jessica, I can't even fathom how her parents feel. Even after this trial ordeal was going to end, they would always be left with that empty hole and horrible visions of what happened to their daughter...but now this...and this endless nightmare doesn't stop as there will be yet another trial.

I read somewhere this morning that QT smirked after the mistrial was declared...this murdering career criminal has yet another murder trial to face in Louisiana...hopefully this animal will be put away forever.

thanks for info on that show. Must have been just like the trial.....I mean how often do they pull a show in the week where viewership would be at the highest. Actually fine with me...done with Quinton Tellis and hope that next trial get him.

I speak from my heart when I say this. This thread has been my my coping mechanism. My husband has the same type of brain cancer as the late Sen Ted Kennedy and currently John McCain.

This thread has been my coping mechanism. I chuckle when I think on the 8th of choosing whether I need to take my husband (on our 34th wedding anniversary) to ER or serve the dinner I made to celebrate our anniversary or finish watching the CNN Special on Jessica.

OK,I finished watching the CNN Special put dinner in frigerator and took my husband to ER. We finished up at the hospital around 2am the 9th.

Again I am chuckling at myself! Early next morning the 9th I post my synopsis (posts #12 & #32 of the 2nd thread.)I was frustrated at CNN because of their editing I had so many questions. I was hoping that another poster had watched the CNN Special and could clarify.

Then darn when I watched it on CNN again Tuesday they had edited out every single talking point I needed clarification on.

I am going to have Home Health from the hospital help me out hopefully this week. As you can see both my husband and I have kept our sense of humor. I am always teasing him about how much fun we're having.

I know now there are many reading this that are dealing with issues. You are in my prayers too.

Thanks for being here my virtual support group. No one else in the 'real world' gets why I use my Websleuths community to cope. I know everyone reading this gets the same questioning look from friends and family. :wink:

Some question and thoughts.

IF it wasn't QT then who the heck could have done this to Jessica?

Did she really say Eric?

Who was the suspicious middle aged, black man told to leave the scene? He was seen in a blue shirt but then a white shirt as stated on the stand and in his written statement, by Will T the volunteer fire fighter...Initially he was wearing a blue shirt and (by the time he got out of his sight he had a white t-shirt on.) He was tagged but did LE find and question him after the fact? How does Will's statement even make sense...by the time he got out of sight... ??

A can of Freon was seen in the back seat, floor area of JC's car once the fire was put out but there was never any mention of it in the trial. If the interior of the car was burned so badly, how was this can IDed as Freon at the time? Wouldn't the can have exploded with such an enormous amount of heat and fire? Is that what the perp was hoping would happen? Did the perp plant it there?

How did Jessica's car end up with so much damage to the outside? Was the car not found facing the roadway? Towing a vehicle in this position would have not caused that kind of damage. Regardless of how it was towed the car should have not have received such damage. It would have been attached to a winch from the front or back and dragged up onto the flat bed towing vehicle. Was her car damage prior to that night?

Someone correct me on this one please. Was it QT's cousin who was married to an Eric or was it QT's wife who has a cousin named Eric. Was he questioned by LE? And is he not the same guy who went to LE with information in regards to the other female murder victim QT has been charged with?

What's going on with this freelance reporter who was ordered out of the county for posting a photo of cotton supposedly given to her from the judge?

Too many bizarre happenings and questions...all very strange. ALL MOO.

I had to leave for a business thing just as the chaos started yesterday. I am at a loss for words. I have never ever seen anything remotely like this before.

As terrible as we feel about this injustice for Jessica, I can't even fathom how her parents feel. Even after this trial ordeal was going to end, they would always be left with that empty hole and horrible visions of what happened to their daughter...but now this...and this endless nightmare doesn't stop as there will be yet another trial.

I read somewhere this morning that QT smirked after the mistrial was declared...this murdering career criminal has yet another murder trial to face in Louisiana...hopefully this animal will be put away forever.

more than smirk...a full on smile which was captured by some media...disgusting together with the cheers outside the court...makes me wonder about a place where even one person thinks a crime like this is a cause for celebration.

Awful news, but I suppose better than a NG verdict.

I am unsure it would have the same result. This jury apparently didn't understand the difference between unanimous and majority. How could they be expected to understand the more complex facts of the case ie; Jessica''s tongue and trachea damage, along with her tightened skin prevented her from enunciating sounds.
It seems they were lost on the prosecution details.
It was over their heads IMO. I'm not saying IQ alone, but instructions and, starting with jury selection, closer scrutiny of questionnaires, etc.

JMO

I speak from my heart when I say this. This thread has been my my coping mechanism. My husband has the same type of brain cancer as the late Sen Ted Kennedy and currently John McCain.

This thread has been my coping mechanism. I chuckle when I think on the 8th of choosing whether I need to take my husband (on our 34th wedding anniversary) to ER or serve the dinner I made to celebrate our anniversary or finish watching the CNN Special on Jessica.

OK,I finished watching the CNN Special put dinner in frigerator and took my husband to ER. We finished up at the hospital around 2am the 9th.

Again I am chuckling at myself! Early next morning the 9th I post my synopsis (posts #12 & #32 of the 2nd thread.)I was frustrated at CNN because of their editing I had so many questions. I was hoping that another poster had watched the CNN Special and could clarify.

Then darn when I watched it on CNN again Tuesday they had edited out every single talking point I needed clarification on.

I am going to have Home Health from the hospital help me out hopefully this week. As you can see both my husband and I have kept our sense of humor. I am always teasing him about how much fun we're having.

I know now there are many reading this that are dealing with issues. You are in my prayers too.

Thanks for being here my virtual support group. No one else in the 'real world' gets why I use my Websleuths community to cope. I know everyone reading this gets the same questioning look from friends and family. :wink:

I hear you and feel for you, MIZ. I love your posts. My older sister died Oct. 10 while I was busily watching the trial. It helped me cope with my own reality. I don't have kids, so I am now the sole survivor of a very weird and complicated family. I'm soooo glad that you and your husband are able to laugh at stuff. It eases the heartbreak. xo Cady

If they didn't BEFORE they sure can now...after their names were revealed and their "guilty" votes declared. Geez.....JMO

There is no need to be worried now as their vote was not used for anything. The Mistrial means nothing will come from the votes the jurors gave. Only spelling it out in case a juror or likeminded person is reading here.

There is no need to be worried now as their vote was not used for anything. The Mistrial means nothing will come from the votes the jurors gave. Only spelling it out in case a juror or likeminded person is reading here.

I don't think average folks like us can say either way whether or not the jurors who said "guilty" should be worried about gang retaliation.

i think anything is possible in this one...anything. Clearly the fore person was not smart...however I did note that he voted guilty as the absurd roll call vote. If I had been that group I would have refused to announce my vote in that courtroom...they would have had to deal with me. No one should have been forced to do that in open court.

But doesn't every juror always announce their vote in open court. At the end of each trial, the judge takes a poll and asks each juror to state their verdict, out loud.

The glaring difference here is that the judge said each jurors last name, which seemed very odd and unusual.

I haven’t followed this case closely, so forgive this question if it seems ignorant. Was it confirmed that an accelerant was used in the fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow