MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t followed this case closely, so forgive this question if it seems ignorant. Was it confirmed that an accelerant was used in the fire?

gasoline was the only accelerant mentioned. There was mention of a Freon can in the car, but I don't think it was taken into evidence, or was discounted. JMO

I had to leave for a business thing just as the chaos started yesterday. I am at a loss for words. I have never ever seen anything remotely like this before.

As terrible as we feel about this injustice for Jessica, I can't even fathom how her parents feel. Even after this trial ordeal was going to end, they would always be left with that empty hole and horrible visions of what happened to their daughter...but now this...and this endless nightmare doesn't stop as there will be yet another trial.

I read somewhere this morning that QT smirked after the mistrial was declared...this murdering career criminal has yet another murder trial to face in Louisiana...hopefully this animal will be put away forever.

After yesterday, how can we be sure it won't happen in his next trial?

After yesterday, how can we be sure it won't happen in his next trial?

There is no guarantee how the next trial will windup but it very well could be an unanimous verdict of guilt. Many times DAs have had to retry cases that wound up hung and were successful the next go around in getting a conviction. I imagine they will vet the potential jury pool much more closely the next time around to make sure they have jurors who understand simple meanings of simple words used in jury instruction. If this jury didnt even understand what 'unanimous' meant none of them should have been on the jury in the first place.

In fact from what I have read over the years when a case has to be re-tried it usually favors the prosecution.

I still have much hope that justice will come for Jessica.

imo

more than smirk...a full on smile which was captured by some media...disgusting together with the cheers outside the court...makes me wonder about a place where even one person thinks a crime like this is a cause for celebration.

Of course he had a full on smile. I have seen several murderers do that when they think they have fooled some of the jurors causing a mistrial. He would much better be in jail than in prison.

Did the DA say when he plans to retry him? Do you know if they have a certain time limit to do so? Some DAs do is why I asked and usually do it within 6 months of the mistrial.

I still believe there were subliminal messages in this case. Once the name of Eric or Derrick was thought to be said then everyone was thinking that is what she said. All of it is subjective and there is no proof this is what Jessica really said. Not one person recorded her saying 'Eric or Derrick' and I am sure some of them had recording devices with them at the time. I am sure if she did say Eric or Derrick she would know their last name since she came from such a small community yet she never gave it to anyone.

I also am sure during this chaotic time everyone was talking to everyone else there saying she said Eric or Derrick

I haven't followed the LA case. Did LA give the first crack at him for murder to MS because JC was murdered before Mandy? Will he still be tried for Mandy's murder in LA or is that case over???? Is QT being sent back to LA to complete his sentence and midway will be re-extradited to MS for retrial? Was he only convicted of using Mandy's credit card? Confused. JMO

Of course he had a full on smile. I have seen several murderers do that when they think they have fooled some of the jurors causing a mistrial. He would much better be in jail than in prison.

Did the DA say when he plans to retry him? Do you know if they have a certain time limit to do so? Some DAs do is why I asked and usually do it within 6 months of the mistrial.

i believe the full on smile was when the person read the "unanimous" verdict of NOT GUILTY.....then the polling started and it was guilty, guilty...even with his low IQ the smile was whipped off quickly as he realized it was not unanimous.

If I was a volunteer first responder with no experience or training with this type of extreme scene and medical state, and young, I would be feeling terribly guilty for possibly throwing this case off course. Youth and inexperience breeds overconfidence, and that may have been the proximate cause of the failure to obtain a verdict. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's inappropriate to place blame on a first responder. Extremely inappropriate.

I think it's inappropriate to place blame on a first responder. Extremely inappropriate.

If I had been a first responder, I would have reported exactly what I heard her say. I would not embellish it and I would not judge whether or not I believed her. If that is what each individual responder did, then so be it. That is their testimony .If it threw people off, it is because people either did not believe JC was able to speak, or they believed that responders were mistaken. It would only be a travesty if responders embellished what they heard her say to them individually. And we probably will never know. JMO

If I was a volunteer first responder with no experience or training with this type of extreme scene and medical state, and young, I would be feeling terribly guilty for possibly throwing this case off course. Youth and inexperience breeds overconfidence, and that may have been the proximate cause of the failure to obtain a verdict. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I strongly disagree. The first responders have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. They reported what they heard. They were greatly affected by witnessing Jessica in that state.

Failure to obtain a verdict falls on:

a) the state for not proving beyond a reasonable doubt that QT murdered Jessica - they should have really drove home the fact that her speech was garbled rather than emphasizing the name Eric over and over.

b) an apparently incompetent jury.

Ever since the court fiasco on Monday, I have been in a funk. Just a blue funk mood. Has anyone else? I’ve followed this ever since it hit our local news (when it happened,) and wanted so much to see a clear ending for her family. My heart just hurts for Jessica’s parents and loved ones.

I think I read that MS got first shot at a murder trial because that case was felt to be stronger and LA would only try him for murder if the MS case failed.

So are we to assume all 12 don't know what unanimous means?
I think they know the meaning of the word, just not in this context. so they thought that if not everyone (meaning if it was not unanimous) agreed that the defendant was guilty then they had to find not guilty. I think they thought the unanimous thing only applied to a guilty verdict.

Ever since the court fiasco on Monday, I have been in a funk. Just a blue funk mood. Has anyone else? I’ve followed this ever since it hit our local news (when it happened,) and wanted so much to see a clear ending for her family. My heart just hurts for Jessica’s parents and loved ones.
Yes, it's been a disappointing year. Misplaced justice for Baby Bella, and now this travesty. Gah! No justice for Jessica either! Sigh... what a farce. I know I have followed other disappointing trials this year but these two stand out.

I am so thankful that Tennessee got it right for Holly!

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members